Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1000 VPS per node!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1000 VPS per node!

and nope, that is not a joke, it is a "serious" business plan:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1371679

I think I have seen this guy's name associated with several deadpoolers before, can't remember where though. Anyone knows?

Comments

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member

@serverian said:
    https://vpsboard.com/topic/4219-i-want-to-provide-1-per-year-vpss/

(Check my hilarious comment at the bottom!)

And this one:

https://vpsboard.com/topic/4219-i-want-to-provide-1-per-year-vpss/#entry61595

We are waiting for a list of buildings to attanas on at the moment.

I got to say he reminds me of the guy who goes around and begging for VPS from everyone...citing anything between death of relative to flood in his family...you really need some courage to do that...

Or may be those are the same people and he just want a free VPS? LOL

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Mtwiscool has "started", if not millions of projects before. Don't recall seeing anything finished.

Have to give it to him, he got a lot of ideas.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • jhjh Member

I've heard from a successful company's sales dept that they're happy to put 1000 VPSs on a node...

• wychwych Member

@jhadley said:
    1000 VPSs on a node...

Depends on the node...

• zionvpszionvps Member

i am 99% sure it is a troll. seriously though look at his spellings

• @zionvps said:
    i am 99% sure it is a troll. seriously though look at his spellings

He's not trolling, just plain stupid...

• blackblack Member

Help him serverian, your nodes are probably the only ones that come close :P

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

Impossible, Your server will crash or hard disk will be give-up and die.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

wych said: Depends on the node...

Is there any way in the real world that could handle 1000 vps's in a single node, whatever the specs on that node? I am really curious what is the average amount of boxes that some (crappy?) providers here try to fit in a single node...

• @jvnadr said:
    Is there any way in the real world that could handle 1000 vps's in a single node, whatever the specs on that node? I am really curious what is the average amount of boxes that some (crappy?) providers here try to fit in a single node...

Depends on the process count people run. I doubt the kernel would handle 30K processes (~30 processes per VPS). Technically, you can slab a very big node into smaller nodes (KVM, Xen) and run OpenVZ inside them and that'd be possible.

• VirtovoVirtovo Member

@Jack said:
    If you stick a large amount of drives into a server with a load of ram... You could get close to 1,000 VMs more to the point how he thought any ISP would give him basically a /22 for One node is to say the least funny.

I don't know. I was told I could have a /24 on a 128mb VPS earlier today.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

Jack said: If you stick a large amount of drives into a server with a load of ram...

It has to be extremely oversold: memory, bandwidth, cpu, abusers... Not only ip's! I doubt that, e.g., even LES nodes are handling so many boxes in a single machine and they don't have the ipv4 issue as they don't offer that.

• VirtovoVirtovo Member

@Jack said:
    LOL, By who? with what Justification?

A certain green hosting company.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

serverian said: possible.

Possible, yes. Will it be operating? And, as of your knowledge, are here providers that pus the limit so far? What is the average limit of boxes in a single node that some providers they do overselling a lot their services, pushing?

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

First he wont get so much IPv4.

• VirtovoVirtovo Member

@FtpIt_Radi said:

I don't know. Seems GVH might be seeding his idea: https://vpsboard.com/topic/4219-i-want-to-provide-1-per-year-vpss/?p=61619

• serverianserverian Member
    edited May 2014

@jvnadr said:
    Possible, yes. Will it be operating? And, as of your knowledge, are here providers that pus the limit so far? What is the average limit of boxes in a single node that some providers they do overselling a lot their services, pushing?

As I said, it depends on the process count since that would be the only limiting factor for openvz on a very big node. But there shouldn't be any problem putting say 1000 production ready* KVM VPS on a very big node*.

[*] 1/2GB memory, 2/4 vCPU

[*] 240 threads (8 x Xeon E7-8895 v2), a few TBs of memory, 36/48 x SSD, with dual 10Gbps uplink.

• jnguyenjnguyen Member

@Virtovo said:
    A certain green hosting company.

You could get a /24 on a 128MB VPS with us if you have proper justification for it. And I don't think such as justification exists for a /24 to be allocated on a 128MB VPS.

• GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited May 2014

@FtpIt_Radi said:

I got a /18 just fine...

@Jack said:
    I'd say minimum a dedi provider will want $200/mo for a /22.

ARIN only charges $500/mo for a block + some other fancy feeds. We don't pay nearly $100/mo for our direct allocations.

• WilliamWilliam Member

VPN technically is valid.

• @Jack said:
    Sure but he can't go to ARIN without IPs in use first.

Good point. Why not just ask ColoCrossing to SWIP a /24 to him for justification? That's all ARIN wants to see; that you're using your current allocations that almost total up to the allocation you request from them...

• that you'll follow the other rules [ but nobody does it seems. ]
  • His math isn't even right though, how is he going to get 32000GB usable RAM on a 32GB system? Even forgetting about the RAM usage of the host node. I am not saying he has an otherwise solid business plan, but even the bits you can see where he was going for like the splitting up of resources is fundamentally flawed.

• @Jack said:
    "ipv6 only with only nat for ssh port"

Oh wow...

So basically, he'll get a dedi with one IPv4 (or none), then get the free HE.net IPv6 tunneled address, and give everyone a single port for SSH via NAT?

Sounds like a business plan to me. //

• VirtovoVirtovo Member

@GoodHosting said:

• that you'll follow the other rules [ but nobody does it seems. ]

Didnt think a /24 was enough for justification unless you're multi-homed. Thought you were looking for a /20 in use before you can get an allocation otherwise.

• GoodHosting said: Oh wow...

So basically, he'll get a dedi with one IPv4 (or none), then get the free HE.net IPv6 tunneled address, and give everyone a single port for SSH via NAT?

Sounds like a business plan to me. //

It's probably closer to copying LowEndSpirit/i-83 etc - 1/2 shared IPv4, 5 dedi IPv6, 20 dedi ports on IPv4.

• @AThomasHowe said:
    His math isn't even right though, how is he going to get 32000GB usable RAM on a 32GB system? Even forgetting about the RAM usage of the host node. I am not saying he has an otherwise solid business plan, but even the bits you can see where he was going for like the splitting up of resources is fundamentally flawed.

This is possible, and is one of the reasons I refuse to touch OpenVZ. It's a scummy oversold cestpool. You can easily create 1,000 VMs (OpenVZ) on the CentOS image (the one that comes on the Wiki) and only be using about 70-90GB of RAM.

If you had KSM on the host machine enabled and churning through the blocks as you powered the VMs on, you could easily shrink that 70GB usage down to 5GB [ KSM links/merges all identical memory pages. ]

• wychwych Member
    edited May 2014

@Jack said:
    "ipv6 only with only nat for ssh port"

already been done

just at 50-60c/m and there isn't 1000 VM's on those boxes...

• GoodHosting said: This is possible, and is one of the reasons I refuse to touch OpenVZ. It's a scummy oversold cestpool. You can easily create 1,000 VMs (OpenVZ) on the CentOS image (the one that comes on the Wiki) and only be using about 70-90GB of RAM.

If you had KSM on the host machine enabled and churning through the blocks as you powered the VMs on, you could easily shrink that 70GB usage down to 5GB [ KSM links/merges all identical memory pages. ]

Obviously you can oversell but by the fact he's chosen 1k VPS on 32GB RAM with 32GB/VPS says to me he was trying to imply it'd be dedicated RAM and that he'd properly planned and allocated resources.

• @DewlanceVPS said:
    Impossible, Your server will crash or hard disk will be give-up and die.

Unless you have auto boot right. ;)