Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vultr Snapshot Beta Testers Needed
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vultr Snapshot Beta Testers Needed

DaveADaveA Member

Hey all,

Snapshots are almost ready for the public, we're looking for a few beta testers to enable this feature on your account to provide feedback. Your account must be active and in good standing to participate.

Please open a support ticket acknowledging you'd like to beta test snapshots if you'd like to participate.

Thank you in advance!

DaveA

Comments

• @DaveA

Any chance on getting 384 mb ram cloud servers? I know $5 a month is cheap - but would be nice to have a $2.50-$3.00 a month vps for setting up a bunch of low end servers on different countries.

• neqsteneqste Member
    edited April 2014

@Stevie said:
    DaveA

Any chance on getting 384 mb ram cloud servers? I know $5 a month is cheap - but would be nice to have a $2.50-$3.00 a month vps for setting up a bunch of low end servers on different countries.

PLEASE NO! It is will result in amazing overselling (CPU/disk) and extra other different problems, what will destruct vultr perfomance & quality.

For now, for me with my benchmarks i can say about vultr only very positive things about their CPU perfomance, about their network, disk, and other parameters.

Vultr can easly kill around half of all providers here on LEB with the same paremeters by:

• CPU perfomance (it's their awesome feature, and i wish to not decrease perfomance like it do Digital Ocean)

• Disk perfomance

• Network perfomance

• Pricing.

All what i need to see in future: tuning & increasing perfomance for their instances in lowend segment.

Vultr can learn at real professional guys from Prometeus or Ramnode, or Iniz here to make their stuffs very solid.

I hope, in future vultr wont have any big overselling, and stay & increase their perfomance more and more.

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • DaveADaveA Member

@neqste - It's only going to get better from here!

• 11 of 12 locations now online. Good work Vultr. Also hoping to do some more BETA testing :D

• DaveADaveA Member

Our beta test is now full. Thank you for your interest!

Thanked by 1KeyJey
  • I believe @DaveA not going to use LET as support center. Just sales, sales and sales.

• Great!!

• KeyJeyKeyJey Member

Very happy and proud of your job @DaveA ,-)

Thanked by 1DaveA
  • Ack226Ack226 Member

@DaveA any estimate of when snapshots might launch publicly? Also, will we be able to take a snapshot at one DC location and restore it to another?