Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

16-24GB dedi, /29, BYO-ISO, IPMI (DelimiterVPS coupon?)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

16-24GB dedi, /29, BYO-ISO, IPMI (DelimiterVPS coupon?)

LycaonLycaon Member
edited April 2014 in Requests

As the title indicates, I'm looking for a new dedicated server provider.

I've got an almost-perfect dedi at DelimiterVPS, a coupon would definitely tip me to buying since it'd drop the monthly price down to my goal.

Request Summary:

• CPU: Don't care
  • RAM: 16GB-24GB
  • HDD: 200GB+
  • Bandwidth: Don't care
  • Net: RDNS required. Ideally self-managed, but ticket/email based requests are fine
  • OS: Windows 2012 Trial (I have my own key) OR Bring Your Own ISO
  • IPMI: Required (constant not required, but no shenanigans with $50/hour fee if I have to request one)
  • Price Range: $40-50/mo (can do quarterly if there's a decent discount for doing so)
  • Other: Lenient AUP restrictions. I run my own email server, so no "you have to use our mail relay" crap, I also may run a small (20-40) user personal IRC server for the game server I host.

Obviously unmanaged is fine, but if there is a network problem and I submit a high priority ticket, it better damn well get a response in a LOT less than 20 hours (my current provider's "high priority" response time).

I have found numerous offers with this configuration for ~$50/mo, but am looking for a bit of a deal (aren't we all ;p)

Yes, I did search for a few hours through LET and I will continue to do so after I post this, but it never hurts to ask while you're working :)

Comments

• CFarenceCFarence Member
    edited April 2014

said: I've got an almost-perfect dedi at DelimiterVPS

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/25562/dedicated-servers-atlanta-ny-la-dallas-and-minneapolis-servers-start-at-5-month

That's Delimiters latest offer, as far as I could find. The HP BL460C Dual X5150 seems to fit your needs. You can add 4 IPv4s to it, bringing it to $24/month if payed quarterly.

edit: The SAVEAPRIL2014 coupon is probably what your looking for.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Consider looking at hosts who offer the brand new atom 2750 series. That's a ton of power available for a really good rate, plus they should have ipmi and capabilities of 64gb of memory.

• LeeLee Veteran

@jbiloh said:
    Consider looking at hosts who offer the brand new atom 2750 series. That's a ton of power available for a really good rate, plus they should have ipmi and capabilities of 64gb of memory.

Who is doing them? Not seen any as of yet.

• SaikuSaiku Member, Host Rep

@W1V_Lee said:
    Who is doing them? Not seen any as of yet.

First entry on lowendbox.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • Any specific location in mind?

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited April 2014

@Saiku said:

Thanks, I should have seen that coming I guess. If it had been anyone but CVPS I would have got one.

I will assume however that it's CC supplied though so not exclusive to CVPS.

• Oh, looking for a US based host since the game server's latency sensitive.

I think OVH offers the new ATOMs but they are usually out of stock. I bet if you look at WHT there would be other hosts offering them too -- they are really compelling, I've not been this excited about a new generation of servers since E3v1.

If you choose to order one with ChicagoVPS I expect you'll be quite pleased.

• jbiloh said: If you choose to order one with ChicagoVPS I expect you'll be quite pleased.

I'm sorry, I just had to comment, wasn't you guys saying that ChicagoVPS is not owned nor operated by ColoCrossing, nor is it a shell company, yet you bump your shell companies?

Just my two seconds from the outside.

thatguyagain said: I'm sorry, I just had to comment, wasn't you guys saying that ChicagoVPS is not owned nor operated by ColoCrossing, nor is it a shell company, yet you bump your shell companies?

Just my two seconds from the outside.

I always tend to recommend our customers. In this case they are one of the first to offer the ATOMs.

• LeeLee Veteran

I might have considered it if it had been direct with CC, but the thought of dealing with Kevdam or Chris makes me shudder tbh :P

• @jbiloh said:
    I think OVH offers the new ATOMs but they are usually out of stock. I bet if you look at WHT there would be other hosts offering them too -- they are really compelling, I've not been this excited about a new generation of servers since E3v1.

If you choose to order one with ChicagoVPS I expect you'll be quite pleased.

Not seeing them on their site.

They aren't on our site yet but you can order from our twitter: https://twitter.com/colocrossing

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@jbiloh said:
    They aren't on our site yet but you can order from our twitter: https://twitter.com/colocrossing

Get me a config that you feel comfortable charging $15 for and bag one of your critics as a client...it's a win/win right? :)

• Delimiter has a dual X5150, 16GB RAM, 500GB disk for $20/month (paid quarterly) so thats 50% of your budget!

HP BL460C Dual X5150, 16GB, 500GB - $20/mo (Atlanta)

Four X5150 cores, VT support - runs all major OS: Linux, VMWare, XenServer, Windows or install your own from ISO. Your own VPS server? Minecraft? Storage? Development? Its your server and your resources - you can max it out 24x7!

• 2 x Dual Core 5150 Xeon
    • 16GB RAM
    • 500GB Disk (hardware RAID already on board - add second disk for RAID1/RAID0)
    • 1 IPv4 Address
    • /64 IPv6 address block
    • Gigabit port
    • Hardware RAID Controller
    • Dedicated KVM (HP Lights Out) with full graphical KVM, virtual media
    • Dedicated Power control (power on/off/reset as required)
    • 5TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps
    • Gigabit port

$20/month (payable quarterly at $60/quarter) - Coupon SAVEAPRIL2014

$30/month (payable month-to-month) - Coupon SAVEAPRIL2014

Order Here
  • Go with Delimiter as Mark says above, or if you just want to spend the extra money Delimiter has 8cores for I think it was $39 a month paid quarterly?

Thanked by 1MarkTurner

@jarland said:
    Get me a config that you feel comfortable charging $15 for and bag one of your critics as a client...it's a win/win right? :)

Happy to have you as a customer Jarland, but that is below our cost!

• wychwych Member

@MarkTurner said:
    Delimiter has a dual X5150, 16GB RAM, 500GB disk for $20/month (paid quarterly) so thats 50% of your budget!

How do you get it to $30/m?

• @jbiloh said:

Looks good. Might sign up just to test one of these out, although thought you said they were through ChicagoVPS, that looks like your order form.

• FalzoFalzo Member

@wych said:
    How do you get it to $30/m?

choose monthly $60 and apply promo code on checkout for half price

• wychwych Member
    edited April 2014

@Falzo said:
    choose monthly $60 and apply promo code on checkout for half price

I need to learn to read correctly in a morning, @MarkTurner how long would one of those take to be setup?

@jbiloh had a look on twitter at that form, do you get a discount on quart or semi-anual billing? and can you do the 64gb of RAM as you mentioned above in them? (its not on the form).

@Virtovo said:
    Looks good. Might sign up just to test one of these out, although thought you said they were through ChicagoVPS, that looks like your order form.

No no, if you order there you will be a ColoCrossing customer.

@wych We can do 64gb, yes. Order with 32gb on the form and I'll get contact you directly once the 16gb modules arrive next week.

• @Wych - you could have it online same day assuming that the information on your order sails through the fraud check. Otherwise it will be held until Monday for a manual review.

PM me and I'll explain best way to get this to go through. I've heard from some customers that their servers have been online in 10 minutes.

• LycaonLycaon Member
    edited April 2014

Went with Delimiter. I am very very happy so far with the provisioning time and performance. (Edit: And of course, price!) ;p

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • @Lycaon - which server did you take?

• Could anyone please post a http://freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh for the X5150? Thanks!

• @hausarzt:

./bench.sh

CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU 5150 @ 2.66GHz

Number of cores : 4

CPU frequency : 1999.998 MHz

Total amount of ram : 15947 MB

Total amount of swap : 8031 MB

System uptime : 0 min,

Download speed from CacheFly: 102MB/s

Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 19.7MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 65.4MB/s

Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 13.2MB/s

Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 9.41MB/s

Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 60.6MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 5.79MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 13.4MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 18.7MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 53.2MB/s

/O speed : 71.7 MB/s

• Thanks Mark!

• Im about to be with Delimiter for 3 months now, So far so good. Good ticket response time, no real issues. Like my 5150
    @hausarzt

Mark beat me to the bench post.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner