Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need startup VPS not expensive
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I need startup VPS not expensive

2-4gig ram
300-1k hhd
with cpanel
ddos protecion
unlimited bandwith

any body can help plz

Comments

• BK_BK_ Member

Let's start off with an easy question... What's your budget?

• PwnerPwner Member

I know I posted this before, but I feel it's still appropriate here. Especially with new spike in trolls asking for "free DDoS protection" and "unlimited bandwidth".

• RBHRBH Member
    edited April 2014

I personally think that you're demanding too much for a VPS, however here is a quick search and as you can see by the prices I think you would be better off with a Dedicated Server.

http://serverbear.com/compare?Sort=Monthly+Cost&Order=asc&Server+Type=VPS&Monthly+Cost=-&HDD=300000000000-1000000000000&RAM=2000000000-4000000000&Virtualization=

Thanked by 1serverax
  • btw,for smart ppl whom reading my request ,I said not expensive but I didnt said free ! hins even I didnt limit the price ,this note for the smart ppl only whom having smile :)

• thnx RBH

• Hi BK_ thanks for your passing ,actually I have a shared hosting with around 50 websites ,but all the time running out of resources therefore some of the tech guys recommend that I go for a vps with 2gig ram ,,,etc

• so any advice is welcome

• BK_BK_ Member

serverax said: Hi BK_ thanks for your passing ,actually I have a shared hosting with around 50 websites ,but all the time running out of resources therefore some of the tech guys recommend that I go for a vps with 2gig ram ,,,etc

What would you rate your level of technical skill? (or do you have someone that manages it for you?) Not trying to insult you or anything, I'm just trying to figure out what the best direction I can point you in is.

How much are you currently paying, and how much are you willing to pay? Do you need management?

Thanked by 1Scion
  • 50 static websites vs 50 dynamic websites is day/night, I assume you will need cpanel?

• i cant manage linux server ,but they told me if u ll have cpanel installed ,I dont need to do anything else ,am paying today around 10$ M for the shared hosting

• BK_BK_ Member
    edited April 2014

serverax said: i cant manage linux server ,but they told me if u ll have cpanel installed ,I dont need to do anything else ,am paying today around 10$ M for the shared hosting

You're looking at ~$15/month for cPanel alone. Probably another $5-10 for the VPS itself from a reputable provider.

I'd honestly recommend sticking with a shared provider (if you don't have linux experience OR if you don't have a system admin that does everything for you -- you don't want to gamble with 50 sites). Perhaps see if BuyVM (https://my.frantech.ca/cart.php?gid=27) would work if your current host can't handle the sites? They've got CloudLinux, which essentially keeps each site in a 'container', so it shouldn't be an issue but I'd recommend contacting them first. (I'd appreciate it if you used my affiliate link) =)

Otherwise, for a VPS provider, I'd recommend Ramnode. Keep in mind, there's no management.

• I would recommend tmzvps.com. They had helpful techs and decent reply times. For what you get TMZ is a bargain.

• what if I want to put one website on vps ,how to do it ? do I need still cpanel ?

• RBHRBH Member

If you simply want to manage a website you do not need cPanel you may upload your website contents in the webserver applications default directory.

ex. /var/www

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@serverax said:
    what if I want to put one website on vps ,how to do it ? do I need still cpanel ?

Don't do it buddy, if you don't know how to manage a linux server it will end in tears before too long. As others have suggested, stick with shared hosting until you're technically proficient with regard to server management.

• As suggested by all above, stick with shared hosting - perhaps move with a more quality provider, or a provider who is able to provide the capacity you require.

• wychwych Member
    edited April 2014

Stick with shared hosting for now but get a VPS to learn to manage and find your sweet spot in regards to the software.

If your only using it for one user VestaCP may be an option - it also saves on the cost of cpanel.

Some of the cheapest VPS you can find are either here or here.

However if you need a cheap cpanel licence to use anywhere have a look at BuyCPanel use voucher code goog13xtra $13.95m/vps or $31.90m/dedi.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Depending on your needs, since you admit that you don't trust yourself to secure and admin a VPS (which is very good to know and accept your own limits).

reseller hosting perhaps? I don't have DDoS protection but what type of sites do you have that requires DDoS protection? Have you been DDoSed in the past?

• MikHo said: I don't have DDoS protection but what type of sites do you have that requires DDoS protection? Have you been DDoSed in the past?

In my experience, Cloudflare does an excellent job at stopping most HTTP (L7) based attacks and improves load time and response time greatly.

Just thought I should add.

• You shouldn't rely on (free) cloud flare for DDoS protection though. If you're not a paying customer and you have a large target on your back they will boot you eventually because you'll degrade the service for their paid customers.

They're better now, but especially early on some people learnt this lesson with their sites just being null routed etc after a point.

Cloudflare provide a great service and incidentally it will protect you from some DoS/DDoS attacks, but you shouldn't rely on it. Even if you're paying the money could maybe be better spent on protection at the host level or even some sort of physical firewall.

• how about TMZvps any body had an experience with them ?

• they are offering managed VPS

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Nekki said: Don't do it buddy, if you don't know how to manage a linux server it will end in tears before too long. As others have suggested, stick with shared hosting until you're technically proficient with regard to server management.

This.

Also, hosting 50 web sites on a shared hosting account is only a problem if you have a bad host.

• 1k hdd? Let me go back to 1953 and see if i can find one that small.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

princeshoko said: 1k hdd? Let me go back to 1953 and see if i can find one that small.

Even the first hard drives were bigger...

"HDDs were introduced in 1956 as data storage for an IBM real-time transaction processing computer and were developed for use with general purpose mainframe and minicomputers. The first IBM drive, the 350 RAMAC, was approximately the size of two refrigerators and stored 5 million 6-bit characters (the equivalent of 3.75 million 8-bit bytes or 3.75 MB or megabytes) on a stack of 50 disks."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_drive

• @princeshoko said:
    1k hdd? Let me go back to 1953 and see if i can find one that small.

It's a VPS so you can assign that little resources.

• PwnerPwner Member

@princeshoko said:
    1k hdd? Let me go back to 1953 and see if i can find one that small.

I'm no rocket scientist, but I'm pretty sure that by 1k hdd, @serverax means 1,000GB HDD which translates to 1TB HDD. He had set a range between 300-1k HDD, so most likely the measurement is in GB and not KB.

Don't you just love it when language barriers lead to sarcasm? /sarcasm

Thanked by 1serverax
  • am using godadday as a shared hosting ,and now all the time its out of resources ,and the sites will be down ,any recommended shared hosting ? good1

• Thumps up Pwner

• samblingsambling Member
    edited April 2014

In no way do you need that much diskspace. 300Gb - 1Tb is massive. What are you running? A file hosting site?

A few options:

1. You could contact a few shared hosts and explain your needs/ what your resource usage is like. They could just bump up their CloudLinux limits for you and charge you extra because of it. I might be able to do that for you with DDOS protection

2. Forget cPanel and install one of these beautiful Open Source control panels on a vps: Webmin, VestaCP or zPanel and have a bit of fun learning to self-manage.

3. tmzvps.com + a reverse squid proxy on an OVH vps to mitigate DDOS. Cost for managed 4Gb of ram/ 200Gb disk vps + cPanel + Softaculous = $39/month + £1.69 /month for an OVH vps.