Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Transfer] Servermania 2GB Ram, 2 GB VSwap, 100GB SSD-Cached, 2 IPv4 etc.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Transfer] Servermania 2GB Ram, 2 GB VSwap, 100GB SSD-Cached, 2 IPv4 etc.

FalzoFalzo Member
edited April 2014 in Offers

Hi,

I have a spare VPS with servermania in buffalo/NY which I don't need anymore.

Specs are 2x vCore, 2GB RAM, 2 GB vSwap, 100GB SSD-Cached Disk (Raid), 2 IPv4, 3 TB Bandwidth.

Actually this is advertised at 56$, this one is only 48$ yearly recurring.

It has to be renewed on 01/05/2015 so there are over 8 months left to use, which are already paid.

CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1270 v3 @ 3.50GHz
Number of cores : 2
CPU frequency : 3055.333 MHz
Total amount of ram : 2048 MB
Total amount of swap : 2048 MB
System uptime : 6 days, 15:11,
Download speed from CacheFly: 48,8MB/s
Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 28,3MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 29,9MB/s
Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 7,17MB/s
Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 12,0MB/s
Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 14,5MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 5,42MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 18,8MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 17,3MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 83,3MB/s
I/O speed : 386 MB/s

UnixBench gives 1433.8 / 2131.1 (1 vs 2 instances)

I yet have to ask their support, what is required to get transfer done, but suppose this wont really be a matter ;-)

I'll give it away for a 29$ payment via paypal, just comment here or PM me if interested in...

Comments

• FalzoFalzo Member

no one interested? not even a single comment about after >500 views?

please tell me whats wrong with this, thanks in advance!

• redoredo Member

@Falzo It may be because you don't have a chart like mine. 3 out of 4 comments are about the chart =))

Just joking. Good luck.

• FalzoFalzo Member

LOL - ok, if you think charts will be helpful anyway... here you go ;-) ;-) ;-)

• FalzoFalzo Member

last try: would give it away for single payment of 24$ which brings it down to only 3$ per month until renew... so anyone interested?

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

let me know if the vps is still for transfer, yes 1 imp issue, kindly reply but i will get online only after 48 hours, so you will have to wait for my action till then

• FalzoFalzo Member

no problem to wait for a reply, vps is still available.
    I'll open ticket to servermania regarding needs for a transfer though...
    are you already a customer there?

• FalzoFalzo Member

Just for information: quick response from servermania told me, that it's no problem to transfer VPS at any time.
    if you are no customer with them yet, they provide signup-link before transfer, so that would even be no problem at all.

• @Falzo can you tell me how that server was performing :S?

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited October 2015

@JustRefleX said:
    Falzo can you tell me how that server was performing :S?

as far as I remember performance was quite... as supposed? ;-)
    had this server only for around three month before giving it away, because I didn't need it as planned... meanwhile only used it for a private vpn and small website.

to be fair I am probably not able to judge about the performance at all, as I didn't stress it though.

can't remember downtimes or such, only big issue is that they did not remove my domain/FQDN as PTR record from their IP (as requested before the transfer and acknowledged to be done via ticket)

I got some abuse-mails months after transferring this thing away, which went to my mailaddress out of the whois of that domain.
    support wasn't helpful, even not answering requests at this point.

• @Falzo said:

Ya know I want to use it to host Gameserver/s of CS:GO with 10 Player Slots and 2 Spectator Slots. I just wanna know if the server performs well since they are having a nonrefund policy :/ I would get a server in Chicago either 4 GB if I can host 3-4 Servers or 2 GB one if I can host 2 Servers :S

Do you maybe know anybody that owns a server at them right now :S?

• @JustRefleX said:
    Do you maybe know anybody that owns a server at them right now :S?

no, sorry can't help you with that...

I'd probably would not go with an OpenVZ vps for a gameserver as there is too much 'shared' in it, and you never know how overbooked those nodes really are.
    even if they are only stressed at prime time, you wont have much fun in playing, as you would do this probably at prime time too.

surely XEN/KVM doesn't always guarantee better performance, but I'd guess a lot of offers in that range tend to be more stable performancewise. but that's just my humble opinion ;-)

• @Falzo said:

I guess you do know BudgetVZ by EVOBURST right? I got one in Dallas and one in Miami and these Servers work great. (1 Server per Machine).

Can they be similiar in performance to servermania?

• @JustRefleX I'd rather go with an EvoBurst4G than something from servermania - though I think it may not always make a difference in performance.
    Ryan from evoburst aka @AutoSnipe seems to be a good guy as far as I can tell ;-)

• JustRefleXJustRefleX Member
    edited October 2015

@Falzo said:
    JustRefleX I'd rather go with an EvoBurst4G than something from servermania - though I think it may not always make a difference in performance.
    Ryan from evoburst aka AutoSnipe seems to be a good guy as far as I can tell ;-)

Yeah I know he's a good guy but the only location that I need that he got left is Seattle. And I'm waiting for his BudgetVZ LA Servers since his others work really good!

I need Chicago, New York and Denver Colorado.

• @JustRefleX - I do believe there are a few LA ones up currently. - For Denver etc, have a look at SecureDragon.. can't go wrong with them!

@Falzo - of course i'm a good guy, I'm an Aussie :-P

• @AutoSnipe said:

Falzo - of course i'm a good guy, I'm an Aussie :-P

would be even better, if you could pm me an orderlink for an evo1g in miami ;-) ;-)

• There is no "evoburst1g" in miami...

EvoBurst*G plans are resource bundles. (available in LA, Seattle & NL)

BudgetVZ is the one that is in miami, and the link is on it's way @Falzo

• Thanks for clarifying. Thought you would provide the evoburst resource bundles in miami too...