Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

online.net response time
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

online.net response time

Hello!

Anyone here have any experiance with online.net support response time? I'm trying to get the default partition scheme set to raid0 since it's defaut is set to raid1.

Going on 17+ hours (I know it was a holiday weekend for most so I understand that)

thanks

Comments

• It might be because of Holiday timing, since support is slow, Otherwise, it's within few hrs/ generally do not cross 10-12 hrs.

• Probably short staffed, public holiday in most of EU today.

• wychwych Member
    edited April 2014

Its a long weekend...

Im just curious ~ what service package do you have on the server? Basic/Bus/Critical?

• Currently in France, many shops are closed for bank holiday Monday. I won't expect them to reply quickly for a ticket atm.

• Thats should be cause of holiday.

Though online.net has slow responses in their ticket system.
    If you give them a call they will assist you a lot faster.

At least thats what happened in my case.

• @TH_George said:
    Thats should be cause of holiday.

Though online.net has slow responses in their ticket system.
    If you give them a call they will assist you a lot faster.

At least thats what happened in my case.

If I recall correctly, they only have french phone support.

• Here it's Friday / Saturday / Sunday / Monday holiday. It's been horrible trying to keep up.

• The response is once a day in normal bussines hours, but if you have an issue you should do it yourself via BMC, do not try to contact them, the free support is pretty slow.

• CakeyCakey Member

Well one of my dedicated servers got terminated yesterday as as they never renewed a invoice when their automated system messed up they answered the ticket twice then left we waiting 3 days and still haven't answered, sweet company

• wychwych Member

@Cakey said:
    Well one of my dedicated servers got terminated yesterday as as they never renewed a invoice when their automated system messed up they answered the ticket twice then left we waiting 3 days and still haven't answered, sweet company

Nice to know...

• cfgguycfgguy Member, Host Rep

@Cakey said:

I think they invoice on pro rata basis.

• It's quiet normal, I had response times ranging between 24-72 hours with them.

• CakeyCakey Member

@wych said:
    Nice to know...

Just make sure to make everything have balance cus if anything fails when they try taking some money they will not help you either way <.<

• In my experience their response time is pretty good during normal working days, as expected their response is very long or non existent on holidays.

• wych said: Its a long weekend...

Im just curious ~ what service package do you have on the server? Basic/Bus/Critical?

Basic -_-

racksx said: The response is once a day in normal bussines hours, but if you have an issue you should do it yourself via BMC, do not try to contact them, the free support is pretty slow.

How the heck do I get into the BMC? I don't see any reference to it in my server info, and their wiki is lacking at best.

• DrJinglesMDDrJinglesMD Member
    edited April 2014

racksx said: The response is once a day in normal bussines hours, but if you have an issue you should do it yourself via BMC, do not try to contact them, the free support is pretty slow.

Nevermind, I found it.

You have to freaking install the server before you can have access to iLO. What a joke.

Hopefully iLO allows me to mount virtual media. This server was cheap but god damn, I got better service from OVH!

Edit --

Gotta give it up for online.net. They give you a REALLY locked down version of iLO by default. They however, failed to secure the command line interface for iLO and a simple reboot allowed me to add my own administrator account with full permissions to the BMC.

claps

Well, at least this way I can mount my own media and not have to use their insanely stupid raid1 configured mess.

• INIZ said: Probably short staffed, public holiday in most of EU today.

So odd to have a public holiday for Easter. That would never happen in the USA.