Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Happy 4/20 - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Happy 4/20

2»

Comments

• SunnSunn Member

Well this thread escalated pretty fast from a 4/20 to Easter.

• ReeRee Member

@eric1212 said:
    Sorry to hear about the folks with such an awful life that they need drugs. :(
    My original comment was about how sad someone's life must be if they resort to drugs.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting, but you make it sound as if the only people doing drugs lead awful/sad lives. The truth is, lots of people lead happy, productive lives and just happen to like to get high for fun. And if they're doing it for the right reasons (ie to have fun, and not to escape some awful/sad life), who cares?

People exercise for fun, is that sad?

People watch reality tv for fun, is that sad?

People post on message boards, is that sad? :)

• alexhalexh Member

@eric1212 said:
    My original comment was about how sad someone's life must be if they resort to drugs. (This comment referred to 4/20 activities --- Obviously it wasn't referring to Alcohol and cigarettes because these are not, by definition, drugs, if you live in North America.)
    With this said, my opinion on all 3 types substances remain similar to that stated above. :)

Your use of jargon makes me think you're an idiot; If you have to clarify what your comment refers to, you clearly have no clue what you are talking about.

Some people have medical issues, and choose to use marijuana instead of taking drugs that are PROVEN to be more harmful to one's health in the long-term. For example, Tylenol, and other OTC pain relievers, are full of acetaminophen which will easily have a negative impact on your liver/kidneys.

Prescription pills also remain an issue; codeine, oxycodone, hydromorphone, promethazine, alprazolam, benzodiazepine are all commonly abused across North America. These drugs are very physically, and psychologically harmful.

While the political debate of marijuana continues, one fact remains: It poses a risk to pharmaceutical companies, and will not be legalized for this reason. Research is also limited, as the profit potential for legal marijuana is very low.

TL;DR: People's lives are not sad when they use a controlled substance, like marijuana or alcohol, recreationally. They are also not sad if marijuana is a medication. Their lives may even be improved by using marijuana. People with sad lives post comments like yours on the interwebs.