Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MyCustomHosting completely discredited itself. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MyCustomHosting completely discredited itself.

Comments

• blackblack Member
    edited April 2014

He told you 3-5 days as per TOS and you rated the response as one star just because you didn't get your way.... that's pretty funny.

Edit: Seeing as you offer hosting as well, you should understand how TOS works and respect the policies per host. How would you feel if you were in his shoes?

• @GreenValueHost said:
    I'm so grateful that Phil makes me look like a PR expert.

I was considering buying a server from you, but seriously?

This is insanely unprofessional.

Thanked by 2darkshire switsys
  • @GreenValueHost - I realize you are young and it's the "internet age"/"social networking age" - but I hope you remember a very important fact - that every future employer who googles you will see your wonderfully (un) professional replies and comments. Obviously that will only strengthen your negotiating position and lead to untold wealth. Because as we all know every company actively seeks out people who can't control commentary in public.

• @Just_A_Noob said:
    GreenValueHost - I realize you are young and it's the "internet age"/"social networking age" - but I hope you remember a very important fact - that every future employer who googles you will see your wonderfully (un) professional replies and comments. Obviously that will only strengthen your negotiating position and lead to untold wealth. Because as we all know every company actively seeks out people who can't control commentary in public.

but but but... hes already "Operations Director", at least thats what his mommy calls him !!!!!!

Thanked by 2isy44h112 Shoaib_A
  • PwnerPwner Member
    edited April 2014

@Just_A_Noob said:
    GreenValueHost - I realize you are young and it's the "internet age"/"social networking age" - but I hope you remember a very important fact - that every future employer who googles you will see your wonderfully (un) professional replies and comments. Obviously that will only strengthen your negotiating position and lead to untold wealth. Because as we all know every company actively seeks out people who can't control commentary in public.

"young" and "internet age" don't make a difference. I'm just a year older than him but I know to remain professional and respectful while online. Sure, I'll make a mistake and spill something out here and there, but for the most part I'm extremely courteous and well-mannered.

Don't blame social networking or the Internet, it all comes down to good parenting in the end.

• GreenValueHost said: I'm so grateful that Phil makes me look like a PR expert.

Says you.

• @black said:
    He told you 3-5 days as per TOS and you rated the response as one star just because you didn't get your way.... that's pretty funny.

Edit: Seeing as you offer hosting as well, you should understand how TOS works and respect the policies per host. How would you feel if you were in his shoes?

Still, there's the fact that he requested a refund on 08/04/14 and still didn't receive it up to now, 20/04.

• i think the OP is trolling.
    host referred him to TOS, he had used service for half or more of the term and refused to accept the terms of the TOS. this is re-opening the original closed thread under a different name. imho it should be closed.

• @seaeagle said:
    i think the OP is trolling.
    host referred him to TOS, he had used service for half or more of the term and refused to accept the terms of the TOS. this is re-opening the original closed thread under a different name. imho it should be closed.

OP is mostly complaining not getting a refund after 11 days and tickets being deleted. I doubt their TOS says if you request a refund, we will delete your ticket.

My Custom Hosting is definitely at fault here.

• @halczy said:
    My Custom Hosting is definitely at fault here.

Im not saying MCH is blameless. MCH (along with others) behaved badly in the previous post. This thread is resurrecting a thread that was closed for good reason. The previous thread that was opened in response to that thread was also closed. Its trolling.

• @Pwner said:
    Don't blame social networking or the Internet, it all comes down to good parenting in the end.

How old is he?

• seaeagle said: The previous thread that was opened in response to that thread was also closed. Its trolling.

I think you're trolling here.

• XeiXei Member
    edited April 2014

I'm not quite sure what the time line is here but if he did any of the following he violated the TOS and wouldn't be eligible for a refund:

• If you decide to charge back at any time you will not be eligible for a refund at any time.
    • If you run to a forum and cry about something before trying to work it out with me you will void your refund rights.

Read the TOS before you sign up with a company.

• He did neither of those, the refund was asked at 08/04/14 and after the fact that his tickets got deleted and he wasn't refunded he went public with it.

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

Xei said: company

"company" .. A company's TOS having a clause that says "If you run to a forum and cry about something before trying to work it out with me you will void your refund rights"??

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • PwnerPwner Member

@trexos said:
    How old is he?

16 years old.

• @joereid said:

same, i have good experience with mycustomhosting.
    And i can share my own benchmarks. They looks solid and good.

• @neqste said:

I have two services with mycustomhosting, there are all fine...

Tickets were answered less than 24 hours and always solve the problem with first reply.

He has very good technical skills and handle the technical problem professionally.

Most of the complaints on him were regarding the refund or asking a extra services on non-managed vps.

---- Below are my personal thoughts ---

LET mostly for non-managed vps. It is not a good place for the new user that never touch a system before.

Person without any admin experience should try to use the shared hosting with cpanel.

If you use vps to learn, then should ask help politely not shouting to provider all the time.

Thanked by 2Shoaib_A Maounique
  • blackblack Member

@smile93 said:
    LET mostly for non-managed vps. It is not a good place for the new user that never touch a system before.

I complete agree. LET is flooded by people with 0 technical skills, they're just here looking for a cheap deal and complain when they don't get their way.

Before it was about optimization and "fuck you, I can run 5 websites on 64 MB of RAM." It wasn't really about the money, per-se. Now it's "I need a dedi for tree fiddy it's gotta have a quad core, 16gigs of ram on 1 Gbit unmetered" and "my host kicked me out for sending outbound DDoS, I didn't get a refund. This host is scam and I recommend you to stay away."

I guess the the spirit of LowEnd is still around, it's just really diluted.

• black said: Before it was about optimization and "fuck you, I can run 5 websites on 64 MB of RAM." It wasn't really about the money, per-se. Now it's "I need a dedi for tree fiddy it's gotta have a quad core, 16gigs of ram on 1 Gbit unmetered" and "my host kicked me out for sending outbound DDoS, I didn't get a refund. This host is scam and I recommend you to stay away."

Are you sure?

benchmarking https://web.archive.org/web/20100727141417/http://www.lowendtalk.com/topic/post-your-unix-bench-result-here

complete newbie asking for help on an unmanaged vas https://web.archive.org/web/20100723043358/http://www.lowendtalk.com/topic/manage-a-linux-vpsserver

talking about well known bad hosts (santrex) https://web.archive.org/web/20100726161801/http://www.lowendtalk.com/topic/what-do-you-think-about-santrex

from the oldest archived front page https://web.archive.org/web/20100722071612/http://www.lowendtalk.com/

from another page the same year...

talk about delimiter that ends up in bashing https://web.archive.org/web/20101009001657/http://www.lowendtalk.com/topic/delimiterus-customer-service-experience

etc. These are just a few examples from two pages but the discussion hasn't really shifted here at LEB. Some here might argue about the control of Colo etc but even if you subscribe to that it's hard to see too much of a shift in general content. Those pages are also littered with dev questions, offers etc, much the same as now.

It was always about the money here at LEB, the requirement for being a LEB was based on price, not specs. Don't fool yourself.

• VMbox said: You'll almost definitely lose as it's a virtual item. I wouldn't bother.#

its actually quite easy to win providing you say things right.

• AThomasHoweAThomasHowe Member
    edited April 2014

Zen said: "i love this website i like to read comment and i'm always amaze on how you are able to run couple website on a tiny vps ."

But it also someone with 0 technical skill. Do you think nobody in recent history has asked about running sites on a low RAM VPS here..? Of course they have. The discussion hasn't really shifted, people have just been here long enough that they think they know better. There's only so many times you can ask about running PHP-FPM and nginx on a 64mb instance.

• blackblack Member
    edited April 2014

@AThomasHowe There's nothing wrong with benchmarking imo (though some hosts would disagree).

AThomasHowe said: complete newbie asking for help on an unmanaged vas

The noob asking for help, he seems eager to learn. No one is born with knowledge. He/she even has a roadmap of things to learn. Now the asking for help usually goes along the lines of something I said or "where can I find (x) for free" etc.

AThomasHowe said: talking about well known bad hosts (santrex)

I see nothing wrong with this.

That front page looks pretty awesome to me.

AThomasHowe said: It was always about the money here at LEB, the requirement for being a LEB was based on price, not specs. Don't fool yourself.

Basing it on price is better than basing it on specs. That's because technology changes faster than inflation of USD, in my opinion. Back then, I felt like it was a group of tech savvy people pushing the boundaries of VPSes and a group of users trying to as much as they can with a limited resource. Now it's business-y with people.

I feel like I'm derailing this thread and will refrain from posting further. If someone makes a relevant thread I'll post more there.

• I wasn't trying to say those were bad things, I was saying they were a reflection on the state of things as they are now. Most if not all of those topics from the earliest archive have a recent analog. This is a forum that was started on the back of a blog that was advertising low end VPS deals. It's always been about that, everything else has always been littered in-between.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

@black said:
    LET is flooded by people with 0 technical skills,

I think Most of LET users are technically too much strong.

• inb4 MCH REFUGEE coupons.

Thanked by 2raindog308 Makenai
  • who is this company anyway, why would you buy from a zero reputation company? the very name of it tells you there's going to be a problem. go buy a vps from MyEpicVPSPlanetDigitalSuberb.biz next time

Thanked by 1alexvolk
  • @kerouac said:
    who is this company anyway, why would you buy from a zero reputation company? the very name of it tells you there's going to be a problem. go buy a vps from MyEpicVPSPlanetDigitalSuberb.biz next time

and with company name as in your signature :D

• In the last 7 years, I have had more than 100 VPSs with over 30 different providers. I rarely post anything on these forums, even thou I have been a lurker for over 3 years, and registered user for only a year. I just don't do drama.

MyCustomHosting does offer a good product, but they have the worst customer service ever. Replying "You are required to troubleshoot any issues that arise with an unmanaged service. Sorry for the trouble." is unacceptable by my standards.

• Makkesk8Makkesk8 Member
    edited April 2014

what a < nice cookie >... thanks for showing me this, I will certainly stay away from mycustomhosting.

This discussion has been closed.