Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MyCustomHosting completely discredited itself.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MyCustomHosting completely discredited itself.

ngstargatengstargate Member
edited April 2014 in Reviews
07 April 2014 I order and pay at MyCustomHosting cheap yearly VPS.  
After some tests I make decision - cancel this VPS and request refund.  
08 April 2014 I set cancellation request and send support ticket about refund.  

19 April 2014 - I don't get refund.  
I write about it in ticket.  

And get answer.  

I repeat my question.  

Then - ticket deleted without answer.  

I submit new ticket.  

Ticket deleted without answer.  

MyCustomHosting scammer - stay away from it.

Thanked by 1GIANT_CRAB

Comments

• edited April 2014

-Images are now fixed.

• PayPal dispute? More than likely you'll lose, but worth a shot.

• @0xdragon said:
    PayPal dispute? More than likely you'll lose, but worth a shot.

I'll try.

• earlearl Member

Well @mchphil is banned here so I doubt you will get a response from him.

• StevenNStevenN Member, Host Rep

@ngstargate said:
    I'll try.

You'll almost definitely lose as it's a virtual item. I wouldn't bother.

• @ngstargate said:
    I'll try.

When he referenced the BS on LET, what BS did he mean? I've looked through your posts and can only see this relating to MCH: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/537578/#Comment_537578

• Do you own primahost?

Thanked by 2FrankZ ryanarp
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited April 2014

Thats just funny.

• tr1ckytr1cky Member
    edited April 2014

Beware, if you write something negative about MCH you're not eligible for a refund anymore, lol.
    From their TOS:
    13. If you run to a forum and cry about something before trying to work it out with me you will void your refund rights.
    Just open a PayPal conflict and call PayPal immediately, they already know about MCH's practices, a friends VPS was terminated because he asked for a refund, his whole account at MCH was deleted. He didn't complain anywhere but in a ticket:

Bigger link: http://x-up.ws/i/82851248aa2b.jpg

• @serverian said:
    Do you own primahost?

yes

• So from reading the message it seems like this guy is going to be treating any clients from LET like dirt, regardless of their legitimate problems?

• BellaBella Member

@ngstargate said:

Just curious, why would you buy a VPS from another provider when you own your own VPS company?

Did you want to test out OVH's DDOS protection?

• @Virtovo said:
    So from reading the message it seems like this guy is going to be treating any clients from LET like dirt, regardless of their legitimate problems?

yeah, that about summarizes it.

• LeeLee Veteran

@VMbox said:
    You'll almost definitely lose as it's a virtual item. I wouldn't bother.

Not so, the whole virtual item thing is not honored so much by Paypal any more, look around WHT and the like and you will see so many disputes being lost and clients getting a refund.

If you get on the phone to Paypal and fight your corner you are likely to win otherwise there is a better than 80% chance you will win virtual item or not.

• imtiax said: ust curious, why would you buy a VPS from another provider when you own your own VPS company?

Did you want to test out OVH's DDOS protection?

No, I needed a Canadian VPS for a single project.

• ngstargatengstargate Member
    edited April 2014

@serverian said:
    This is funny then!

Yes. I bought it from my ex-wife. :)
    But this does not apply to this problem.

Thanked by 2serverian Floris
  • VirtovoVirtovo Member
    edited April 2014

@ngstargate said:
    No, I needed a Canadian VPS for a single project.

Shameless plug
    We've launched in Vancouver: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/25653/virtovo-vancouver-launch-miami-vps-from-3-50-mo
    /Shameless plug

Thanked by 1ngstargate
  • serverianserverian Member
    edited April 2014

@Virtovo said:
    < /Shameless plug>

Edit: Damn, I thought you wanted to hide it!

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • @serverian said:
    Edit: Damn, I thought you wanted to hide it!

Still getting used to Vanilla.

• @MCHPhil
    Rude provider!

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/25305/mycustomhosting-vm-not-booting-customers-fault

He's banned for one week for his behavior in this thread.

• See home page

"7 Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee

At My Custom Hosting you are not a number or a guest or thought of as our bottom line. Your apart of our family. We are here to help you grow your business so that in turn will grow our business!"

He seems pretty happy to take payments but unable to treat people like human beings. Incapable of admitting fault and has this "holier than thou" for whatever reason, I suspect he thinks highly of his own expertise, although he did require outside assistance to automate tasks he expected his own clients to complete. You'd think someone that's perfect would know the difference between "your" and "you're" after being told a few hundred times in their life, or at least spell check their home page. I guess paying $10/year for hosting doesn't warrant a spell check of the home page, or basic human courtesy.

Guy's an idiot. That reminds me I need to call paypal as he wormed his way out of my refund request too. The provider uses the excuse it's "digital goods" to avoid refunds, be sure to mention it's actual renting of hardware. I think this is my last rant of this tool... though I was thinking of getting all the negative reviews to outrank his own domain on Google.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

IMO - Although MCHPhil behaved poorly on this forum and deserved the ban.
    Providers that pile-on the bashing of another provider lose more sales from this type of behavior then they know. Professionalism and maturity cut both ways.

"You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help small men by tearing down big men." AL

Luckily there are many good LET providers like @serverian , Iniz, RamNode, Crissic, Hostigation, WLS, Bandwagonhost, Revershost, CloudShards, and many others that seem to put their effort into their product, instead of bashing other providers on this forum.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@Virtovo said:
    So from reading the message it seems like this guy is going to be treating any clients from LET like dirt, regardless of their legitimate problems?

Not everybody :D

• As he's currently banned, it's hardly fair to turn this into a MCHPhil-bashing thread.

• @sleddog said:
    As he's currently banned, it's hardly fair to turn this into a MCHPhil-bashing thread.

+1

@ngstargate said:
    07 April 2014 I order and pay at MyCustomHosting cheap yearly VPS.
    After some tests I make decision - cancel this VPS and request refund.

What tests did you do and what were the results?

So you create a ticket saying you wanted a refund. 13 minutes later he replies saying you'll get a refund in 3-5 days. So instead of saying thank you, you basically pick a fight with him. It looks like you only signed up and picked a fight with him to start more drama here.

Here's a bench from my current VPS with MCH that I'm very pleased with:

CPU model :  QEMU Virtual CPU version (cpu64-rhel6)
    Number of cores : 4
    CPU frequency :  3199.998 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 3925 MB
    Total amount of swap : 0 MB
    System uptime :   5 days, 8:34,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 23.0MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 45.4MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 40.5MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 10.9MB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 9.79MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 15.2MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 8.42MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 24.6MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 23.2MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 41.1MB/s
    I/O speed :  314 MB/s

• BellaBella Member

I've had 2 VPS's with him for about 3 months now and haven't had a single issue.

100% Uptime.

He's a nice guy and replies to tickets within minutes.

• I'm so grateful that Phil makes me look like a PR expert.

• GVH- Seriously- what's the point of writing that? Using the failings/mistakes of others in a misguided attempt to prop yourself up is highly inapprpriate

• MunMun Member

You might have better luck getting in contact with him on vpsboard.com as he is banned here, not sure why.

Mun

Thanked by 1MannDude
This discussion has been closed.