Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Liquid Web or Wired Tree?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Liquid Web or Wired Tree?

Hello all,
Help me choosing between Liquid Web or Wired Tree for managed VPS. Which will be the best among them? Or, can you suggest me any other?

Thanks

Comments

• Wow! Their expensive, why don't you buy an unmanaged VPS from a reputable provider and hire someone to manage your server. It'll be a lot cheaper!

I run http://Servaman.com and can manage your VPS for $10/pm

• I've had good experiences with Liquid Web in the past.

Thanked by 1vps_learner
  • PatrickPatrick Member
    edited April 2014

LiquidWeb out of the two.

Thanked by 1vps_learner
  • You can also try KnownHost or tmzVPS for cheaper options.

• K2Bytes said: tmzVPS

You're kidding right?

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

WiredTree is very good. I like their default setup better than KnownHost's - more focus on security and antispam in their image. They also have a nice portal with monitoring and graphs.

KnownHost is also good. Between the two, KH gives more RAM and less disk. I like WT's hybrid offering - take a big 16 core box, and you can reserve 1 to 8 cores. The other 8 are available for all to use, so you have dedicated + burst CPU.

I've used both...between the two, I'd pick WT. But KH is also very good.

rmlhhd said: I run http://Servaman.com and can manage your VPS for $10/pm

No you can't. You can't provide 24x7 coverage, you can't go to the DC to correct hardware problems, you're not going to get an IP unblacklisted, you don't provide mod_sec rules, you don't install and admin LiteSpeed, you don't...well, you get the point.

Thanked by 2vps_learner mpkossen
  • wychwych Member
    edited April 2014

@rmlhhd said:

I run http://Servaman.com and can manage your VPS for $10/pm

Randomly servaman also fails SSL trust on Chrome for Android.

• Both are good providers. You wont see much of a difference...

Thanked by 1vps_learner
  • @GIANT_CRAB said:
    You're kidding right?

Nope, I am not.Would you like to elaborate what is wrong with them? They have some bad reviews but which managed provider doesn't? Overall they have good reviews & reputation to be recommended for a cheaper managed solution.

• jhjh Member

I can vouch for LW. Very good network and impressive support.

Thanked by 1vps_learner
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

wych said: Randomly servaman also fails SSL trust on Chrome for Android.

And...

• I suppose that LiquidWeb stand as the very opposite of the low-end VPS/dedi market, don't they? $50/mo for a 1GB RAM VPS sounds expensive to me - I'm probably not used to that range of the market ;)

Out of curiosity, how's their network, support and server performance?

• GIANT_CRABGIANT_CRAB Member
    edited April 2014

K2Bytes said: Nope, I am not.Would you like to elaborate what is wrong with them? They have some bad reviews but which managed provider doesn't? Overall they have good reviews & reputation to be recommended for a cheaper managed solution.

Those good reviews only seem to pop up when a bad review pops up.

Those bad reviews are pretty elaborate while those good ones are kind of short and skimpy.

You should read the bad reviews yourself to know TMZ's ethics, else, don't vouch for them.
    In fact, you should refrain from vouching for hosting providers that you don't use.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Both Liquidweb and WiredTree are good companies. I am sure both will take good care of you.

Thanked by 1vps_learner
  • Take a VPS from LEB and manage it yourself, it will cost you hardly $7 a month and with double specs and almost with the same performance.

• @wych said:
    Randomly servaman also fails SSL trust on Chrome for Android.

I know about that, we're working on it.

@raindog308 said:

That issue is fixed now, we were migrating to a different server.

• wychwych Member

@rmlhhd said:

Sounds legit, wasnt sure if you were aware or chrome was being a douche.

• rmlhhdrmlhhd Member
    edited April 2014

@wych said:
    Sounds legit, wasnt sure if you were aware or chrome was being a douche.

This issue has been fixed.

• anyNodeanyNode Member, Host Rep

Probably LiquidWeb

Thanked by 1vps_learner
  • Undoubtedly LiquidWeb. I have about six servers for my demanding customers. I use their stormondemand.com platform.

• DH22DH22 Member
    edited April 2014

Any reason for the recommendations of LiquidWeb over WiredTree for VPS? Have you used WiredTree? I have used WiredTree in the past and am currently with KnownHost. Both WT and KH have been good but not perfect. Liquid Web VPSs are quite expensive (although their Dedicated prices look fine).

• I have experience with WiredTree and I love them. The WiredTree support staff is one of the best in the business and they are really professional and knowledgeable. I have not heard anything bad about LiquidWeb, but I have no experience with them. Shoot the WiredTree sales team an email and I guarantee you'll be impressed by how they handle things.