Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virtovo - Vancouver Launch + Miami VPS from $3.50/mo
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virtovo - Vancouver Launch + Miami VPS from $3.50/mo

Virtovo was formed in December 2013. We're pleased to introduce a new Vancouver location. The new Vancouver location is located in Datavault and has a quality network blend of Peer1 and GTT with paid peering to Cogent (no transit). This is in addition to the services we offer out of Coresite, Miami.

We use Blesta for our billing/support and SolusVM for our VPS control. We've made modifications to our client area to enable near full control of your VPS from within the client area (including mounting ISOs, change boot priority, VNC console access, enabling PAE etc)

Node specifications
* Dual E5-2620v2 (2.1Ghz)
* 128GB RAM
* Minimum 8 Disk LSI Raid 10 Array
* Redundant 1Gbps uplinks at the node level

Important info
Terms of service
Acceptable use policy
Privacy policy
Public Status

Test IP/Files

Vancouver
http://162.245.146.132/100MB.zip
http://162.245.146.132/1GB.zip

Miami
mia.virtovo.com
http://mia.virtovo.com/100MB.zip
http://mia.virtovo.com/1GB.zip

Vancouver KVMH2
1024MB RAM
2 Cores
50GB HDD
512GB Transfer
1 IPv4 Address
SolusVM
$7/mo | ORDER | Use coupon: VANLAUNCH

Miami KVMH1
512MB RAM
1 Cores
25GB HDD
1TB Transfer
1 IPv4 Address
SolusVM
$3.50/mo | ORDER | Use coupon: LEBLETSPRING

Miami KVMH2
1024MB RAM
2 Cores
50GB HDD
2TB Transfer
1 IPv4 Address
SolusVM
$7/mo | ORDER | Use coupon: LEBLETSPRING

Thanked by 1derp

Comments

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Awesome stuff, congrats on the launch, got anything smaller than that in Vancouver?

• @Infinity said:
    Awesome stuff, congrats on the launch, got anything smaller than that in Vancouver?

Thanks. I've dropped you a PM.

• @Virtovo said:
    Thanks. I've dropped you a PM.

Any small offers for public ?

• @alexvolk said:

We'll see what we can do and maybe release a limited number of smaller plans tomorrow to the public. If you had anything specific in mind urgently, happy to look after you in a PM.

• GunterGunter Member
    edited April 2014

I never thought I'd ever see the day. As a nearby resident, I'm extremely gleeful.

I always thought people passed off the prospect of Vancouver as a location but I'm amazed.

• VirtovoVirtovo Member
    edited April 2014

@darknyan said:
    I never thought I'd ever see the day. As a Canadian, I'm extremely gleeful.

I always thought people passed off the prospect of Vancouver as a location but I'm amazed.

Well there's the oldies like LFC and those out of OVH-BHS, we thought we'd try something different.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited April 2014

Smaller CA plan offer please. 512 Will try :)

Thanked by 1Gunter
  • @alexvolk said:
    @fitvpn said:
    Smaller CA plan offer please. 512 Will try :)

Limited amount (20) of the following plan:

Vancouver KVMH1
    512MB RAM
    1 Cores
    25GB HDD
    256GB Transfer
    1 IPv4 Address
    SolusVM
    $3.50/mo | ORDER | Use coupon: smallvan

• payment only accept pp?

• derpderp Member

Nice to see something over here on the West side of the country. Signed up.

• Silently waited for it and just ordered small one. Thanks!

• any openvz offers for canada?

• any openvz offers for canada?

• @jenglotbae said:
    payment only accept pp?

There is also Bitpay as an option

@derp said:
    Nice to see something over here on the West side of the country. Signed up.
    @shellguard said:
    Silently waited for it and just ordered small one. Thanks!

Should be setup now

@niceboy said:
    any openvz offers for canada?

We do not offer OpenVZ VPS.

Thanked by 1shellguard
  • Tnx. Only amount of BW straight for this location..

• @fitvpn said:
    Tnx. Only amount of BW straight for this location..

I am not sure I understand.

• @Virtovo said:
    I am not sure I understand. - Mean 256Gb BW for 512 plan, is very low compared to other providers with CA locations, VH gave a 2Tb for example

• @fitvpn said:

Peer1 B/W is more expensive compared to other providers. Who is VH? What is their blend?

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited April 2014

Indeed but.. VH mean Vexxhost (not OVH);P

• @fitvpn said:
    Indeed but.. VH mean Vexxhost (not OVH);P

Hard to make a direct comparison:

Vexx: Montreal (with Bell and Cogent mix) vs Virtovo: Vancouver (Peer1 + GTT)

• alexhalexh Member

As a western Canadian, I can't thank you enough for choosing Vancouver as your new location. The closest thing up until now was Seattle, which wasn't offered by many providers. Peer 1 has a great network, and they peer with Shaw in Vancouver, which makes it perfect for me.

I'll be ordering more once these first issues are worked out, and uptime is consistent; once again, thanks for your hard work, and sorry that you were plagued by hardware issues right after launch!

• BK_BK_ Member
    edited April 2014

As is @alexh, I'm fairly excited to see that you chose Vancouver.

Pretty much everything he said applies to me as well :)

• alexh said: As a western Canadian, I can't thank you enough for choosing Vancouver as your new location. The closest thing up until now was Seattle, which wasn't offered by many providers. Peer 1 has a great network, and they peer with Shaw in Vancouver, which makes it perfect for me.

I'll be ordering more once these first issues are worked out, and uptime is consistent; once again, thanks for your hard work, and sorry that you were plagued by hardware issues right after launch!

I really appreciate your patience. It's unfortunate that post burn in such issues cropped up in production. Sales are suspended temporarily while we resolve this and hope to have a complete resolution shortly. Peer1 has a lot of great peering. We'll hopefully see Shaw or Allstream added soon to improve the blend even further.

BK_ said: As is @alexh, I'm fairly excited to see that you chose Vancouver.

Pretty much everything he said applies to me as well :)

Well it seems a place that's not seen a lot of love from LEB providers.

• i'll waiting for credit card allowed.

• derpderp Member

It's a shame that you're having these issues but I have to say that I really appreciate the updates you've been emailing through. It's nice to see what you're actually doing versus the "we're working on it", "its fixed" I've seen all too often before.

It's a great first impression mixed with a great location for me so I don't mind waiting.

Thanked by 2Virtovo alexvolk
  • My VPS in Vancouver has been down for about 24 hours now. They sent an email saying everything was back online, but I keep getting "An error occurred processing your request. The host is currently unavailable. Please try again later" in SolusVM. Good thing they've been keeping everybody updated though.

• @ub3rstar said:
    My VPS in Vancouver has been down for about 24 hours now. They sent an email saying everything was back online, but I keep getting "An error occurred processing your request. The host is currently unavailable. Please try again later" in SolusVM. Good thing they've been keeping everybody updated though.

Yes it's a terrible shame the node has suffered these issues. The node completed a pre-production burn in completely fine. Memtests on the machine take just over nine hours to complete. We're still diagnosing issues; however having now replaced all hardware we're now having to look at more remote possibilities.

We've provided regular updates on the matter and each one has come with the offer of a full refund.

We'll continue to investigate and diagnose this issue.

Thanked by 1shellguard
  • Issues could be with anyone. No difference here. The way you handle issues does make difference. Thanks for prompt updates and I don't mind waiting. Location and your attitude worth it for sure.

• Services are now stable and once again for order in Vancouver. An RFO has been emailed to all those affected.

• Good to see that Virtovo is looking out for their customers and not just leaving everyone in the dark. Here's a benchmark I did on my FreeBSD VPS:

CPU model : QEMU Virtual CPU version (cpu64-rhel6)
    Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency : 2100 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 512 MB
    Total amount of swap : 1024 MB
    System uptime : 3:28
    Download speed from CacheFly: 9.12MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 7.35MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 12.2MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 403KB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 1020KB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 387KB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 282KB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 49.3MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 23.7MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 9.48MB/s
    I/O speed : 1 gb transferred in 2.027754 secs (505 mb/sec)