Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Released! (Trusty Tahr)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Released! (Trusty Tahr)

iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

http://releases.ubuntu.com/trusty/

Who will give it a go first then :)

Comments

• Woo, backup time!

• mee2mee2 Member

wait....wait for the wrinkles to iron out...

• serverianserverian Member
    edited April 2014

Backupsy is Ubuntu Trusty ready :p

Thanked by 1netomx
  • IceCreamIceCream Member
    edited April 2014

Ubuntu ew...

Anyway, congratz etc etc

• iceTwyiceTwy Member
    edited April 2014

@IceCream said:
    Ubuntu ew...

The Windows of Linux distros - you said it, ew.

... and now I'm waiting to be flamed ;)

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • It's just a flashy version of Debian with more cruft attached, off the high horse ;o)

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited April 2014

iceTwy said: The Windows of Linux distros

Perhaps, but it gives many the confidence to move from Windows to Linux which can't be a bad thing.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • MunMun Member

http://192.3.139.124/downloads/ Here is a mirror via torrent.

• @W1V_Lee said:

That is true, yes. Ubuntu puts new users in a relatively familiar and easy-to-use Linux environment, so I can't blame it for that - if you switched to Linux from 2006-ish onwards, then chances are your first distro was Ubuntu (it was mine). But it becomes a living hell to use after a while, really. I switched to Debian after 6 months.

Thanked by 1Pwner
  • The users coming from Windows should start with Gentoo.

• MunMun Member

@IceCream said:
    The users coming from Windows should start with Gentoo.

no.

Thanked by 2Ruchirablog netomx
  • bookstackbookstack Member
    edited April 2014

@IceCream said:

lol. Disclaimer: I am a big fan of gentoo, and sticked to it until my laptop was dead.

• DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited April 2014

IceCream said: The users coming from Windows should start with Gentoo.

And they'll flee even before installation is finished.

• Just FYI: Ubuntu, CentOS, SUSE and Oracle Linux are few linux distribution Windows Azure supported.

• @mee2 said:
    wait....wait for the wrinkles to iron out...

dont tell me what to do

• tchentchen Member

Ah, I'll wait until @darkshire updates and files the bugs for the point release :P

Thanked by 2darkshire mpkossen
  • perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2014

PHP 5.5... no WHMCS :P

Edit: also Luna Node Dynamic in Toronto updated with new cloud / ISO images

• Give it a year :) Then you'll have a nice stable platform for the following 4 years...

• @IceCream said:

KnowYourMeme

• hashwaltzhashwaltz Member
    edited April 2014

no, thanks.
    wating for ElementaryOS with ubuntu 14.04 Core for my netbook ...

• elementary os looks like crap..its even more ugly than mac os but thats just my opinion :D
    any GOOD reasons to upgrade..?

• FlorisFloris Member
    edited April 2014

@infected said:
    elementary os looks like crap..its even more ugly than mac os but thats just my opinion :D
    any GOOD reasons to upgrade..?

ElementaryOS is epic, it's the niceness of mac and the security, more-advanced, fastness of linux. @Andrei uses it aswell I believe.

• RalliasRallias Member
    edited April 2014

Well, I'm deploying services based on 14.04. It's been relatively kind to me on the testing I've done. Only problem is, 14.10's going to be ASS to deal with the upgrade... what with the switch to SystemD and having to learn a new init system's service management. I'm not going to lie, I like Upstart.

One thing I like about 14.04 is that xen-hypervisor-4.4-amd64 is in play.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • Has the upgrade path been released yet? Tried to do-release-upgrade from 12.04 LTS but no dice.

Checked https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UpgradeNotes and the upgrade to 14.04 LTS is not there.

• @joelgm said:

Doubt they can start the installation, it took me a minute to figure out what to do!

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited April 2014

Ubuntu got me in touch with Linux but quickly afterwards I realized that Debian is the true distro for me, mainly because it is less bloated by default and you have to figure out things yourself because alot isn't pre-installed compared to ubuntu, this is good for your own experience because you have to try to make things work on your own which gets you more familiar with Linux in general.

• With all these "Windows of Linux distros" comments, I'm starting to question my decision to go with Ubuntu for all my VPSes. I have become quite comfortable using Ubuntu 13.10, but since I am still in the early stages of my Linux transition, do you think I should consider using Debian, or maybe another distro?

• http://namhuy.net/2823/get-ready-for-ubuntu-14-04-lts-trusty-tahr.html

Don't rust guy, wait for few weeks for bugs to get fixed, upgrade now might break your box :(

• Downloading now ;) This is gonna be a fun night!

• @IceCream said:

Real men use Slackware... XD