Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will VPS ever get priced in CENTS? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Will VPS ever get priced in CENTS?

2»

Comments

• @Francisco said: There is at least a few major ISP's that have no interest to roll any IPV6 this decade.

Noobs. :) It does suck that almost no one in the US offers v6.

To the OP, I doubt it'll ever get much below $0.75 (or MAYBE $0.50)/month. And even then they'd require larger payments as Fran said, I suspect (to help recoup CC/paypal/etc fees, whatever). They do have a certain amount of administrative fees, wages, etc, no matter how unmanaged a host they are.

I'm sure there will always be those who try to beat out the competition by a few cents, and I'm sure it'll even work for some (ahem buyvm). But I wouldn't expect it to be anywhere near the norm.

• AldryicAldryic Member
    edited April 2012

Seems as though it'd be more of a patent or copyright than a trademark.

@subigo said: Do you do anything other than bitch about things? Seriously. I've never seen you do anything else.

Try opening your eyes, I'm a rather active member here. Or would seeing something that doesn't coincide with your weak excuse for a rebuttal be too inconvenient? :3

@subigo said: Presume to speak for hosts I don't piddle with? Isn't that what you just did?

Nope. Let's review, just so you're not confused. I cited a specific example based on the limits of my knowledge... you know, because I don't work for every provider out there :P

@Aldryic said: Pretty much the only 'host' I can think of this being true for would be "dr"mike and his legion of soccer moms.

You could've easily answered that with other examples rather than vague claims. Now, let's take a look at your prior statements, which my example was answering:

@subigo said: the average VPS node does not use much bandwidth at all

@subigo said: Most VPS users don't even go over 1GB of transfer in a month and their CPU usage is almost nothing.

Oh, look at that. Attempting to call the kettle black does not magically absolve you of the same offense :3

And just for giggles:

@subigo said: How many other companies do you have access to bandwidth data for right now? I guarantee it's not as many as I do.

@Aldryic said: VPS companies, 2. Non-hosting, four.

@subigo said: I've owned/worked for two companies over the last five years

Well snap. I hope you offer better guarantees to your clients <3

• A trademark is a word, a patent is an idea. I'll just let you get back to your BuyVM circlejerk now. I honestly believe you get off on arguing with people here.

• A patent is an idea, aye, but I was under the impression that it was also an application. Like having the patent on velcro, for example. Wouldn't a trademark fall more under the logo arena? Could've sworn there was another type of protection for catchphrases/etc.

I'd invite you back to the circlejerk with us, but lets be honest. Even with all of our shenanigans, we do require at least some maturity, and we'd rather not deal with folks that just want to pick a fight over something silly rather than have an actual conversation :P Best of luck to you, though.