Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sweden VPS for 14 Euro per year
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Sweden VPS for 14 Euro per year

Just saw this posting by @LES:

Their lowest config is:

256MB   RAM
1   Core
5GB     SSD Disk
Unlimited   Transfer

20 per year by annual payment + 30% discount = 14 Euros per year.

Pretty good deal considering the location of the server. No idea how they are though, never used them and honestly I don't get too much comfort since they only have a single page website plus a TOS that is literally 10 lines.

Thanked by 1Spirit

Comments

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2014
  • Good find, seems to be a decent VPS although I would say SSD at 1xx MB/s is not necessarily the best. Guess they are probably not on RAID? :)

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran
    edited April 2014

Just ordered one, and my disk IO is at 57 MB/s - I've put in a ticket about it as someone contacted them on twitter about a similar problem and it got fixed.

Edit: Answered within 5 minutes: http://tbx.me/dT_VTk.png

IO is now at 599MB/s

• wychwych Member

@iKeyZ said:
    Just ordered one, and my disk IO is at 57 MB/s - I've put in a ticket about it as someone contacted them on twitter about a similar problem and it got fixed.

Edit: Answered within 5 minutes: http://tbx.me/dT_VTk.png

IO is now at 599MB/s

Why do people need such high I/O or do they just want it?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

wych said: they just want it

90% of people just want the number.

• blackblack Member

@wych said:
    Why do people need such high I/O or do they just want it?

57 MB/sec on SSDs isn't high, I'd ticket as well because that's a sign that someone is abusing the server. Even though it's not necessary to have ~600 MB/sec, it's nice to have it :)

Thanked by 2iKeyZ Mark_R
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited April 2014

wych said: Why do people need such high I/O or do they just want it?

Oh please not this shit again... Didn't we just have this discussion 2 weeks ago http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/24638/is-this-kvm-vps-too-slow/p1

said: 20 per year by annual payment + 30% discount = 14 Euros per year.

Pretty good deal considering the location of the server.

Aside from not having unmetered b/w, TORQhost provides about the same specs KVM for 15 EUR/year in Estonia, which is very very close to Sweden. https://www.torqhost.com/virtual_private_servers/kvm
    Not to rain on other provider's parade, but I was almost excited to try yourserver.se, until I found out it's OpenVZ.

Thanked by 1ndlong75
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

I've been considering to get a swedish vps, mainly for the swedish ip since it is needed sometimes when out of the country.

Will probably sign up and try it out.

• Would be interested if they did 512 (or even better 256 + burst/swap) but 256 is too little and 7eur for 1gb is not worth moving from EDIS

• MikHo said: I've been considering to get a swedish vps, mainly for the swedish ip since it is needed sometimes when out of the country.

This could be issue and it's very likely that some services will recognize those IPs as Latvian. http://bgp.he.net/AS52173#_prefixes

• Hi, guys!

It's Ted from yourserver.se.
    Thanks for your reviews!

bgp.he.net has old GeoIP database, Maxmind has already updated their official database and the data will be correct soon.

If you have any questions - I'm here to answer. Thanks!

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2014

There's no such thing as official database :) By my experience google and other bigger players don't care about maxmind and other smaller up-to-date commercial GeoIP database services and just show location where IPs are allocated. (ie. ftp://ftp.ripe.net/pub/stats/ripencc/delegated-ripencc-latest )
    For most people this shouldn't be problem but for VPN usage where .se IP is explicitely required this could be issue. Just saying.

• ben78ben78 Member

@yourserverse said:
    If you have any questions - I'm here to answer. Thanks!

Hi Ted!

Do you know how long the "30% Recurring Discount with code: TWITTERWELCOME" will last?

Thanks!

• @Spirit said:
    There's no such thing as official database :) By my experience google and other bigger players don't care about maxmind and other smaller up-to-date commercial GeoIP database services and just show location where IPs are allocated. (ie. ftp://ftp.ripe.net/pub/stats/ripencc/delegated-ripencc-latest )

Thanks for clarification. Even better, because we've already submitted location changes to RIPE and they should be propagated soon.

@ben78 said:
    Do you know how long the "30% Recurring Discount with code: TWITTERWELCOME" will last?

This code will last until the end of the month.

Thanked by 2Spirit ben78
  • @Spirit said:
    0xdragon your opportunity?

I blame you for making me spend more money ;)

@yourserverse I'm signing up, hope you guys are decent!

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • UpstageUpstage Member
    edited April 2014

@yourserverse are tun/tap & pptp available?
    Nevermind, i found the answer in the other thread, it can be done through the control panel.

• @0xdragon said:
    @yourserverse I'm signing up, hope you guys are decent!

Thank you! :)

@Upstage said:
    yourserverse are tun/tap & pptp available?
    Nevermind, i found the answer in the other thread, it can be done through the control panel.

Yes, you can enable them in your control panel.

• @yourserverse said:
    Yes, you can enable them in your control panel.

It's only tun/tap in the panel.

• solid service sofar; (~ 5 days for me) zero downtime and good speeds.

• @yourserverse

Which DC are you located at?

• ehabehab Member

any test ip and download file we can try? Thanks in advance

• @itgods said:
    It's only tun/tap in the panel.

Yes, we noticed there are issues with pptp right now, our engineers are working on it and will soon have the solution.

@darkshire said:
    solid service sofar; (~ 5 days for me) zero downtime and good speeds.

Thanks! :)

@ehab said:
    any test ip and download file we can try? Thanks in advance

Test IP: 95.215.45.1, download file: https://www.yourserver.se/100MBfile

• wychwych Member

@yourserverse is rebuild/restart fixed?

• wych said: @yourserverse is rebuild/restart fixed?

Nope, not yet. Same for PPTP.. What a wasted day.

• @itgods said:
    Nope, not yet. Same for PPTP.. What a wasted day.

@wych said:
    yourserverse is rebuild/restart fixed?

The bug has been identified and our engineers are working on it to get it fixed today.

These bugs are, in fact, related to each other and only clients using PPTP are affected, but we take it very seriously and will do our best.

• wychwych Member

@yourserverse said:
    These bugs are, in fact, related to each other and only clients using PPTP are affected, but we take it very seriously and will do our best.

Ok, can I raise a ticket and support re-install my OS till its fixed? :)

• @wych said:
    Ok, can I raise a ticket and support re-install my OS till its fixed? :)

Of course! :)

• wychwych Member

@yourserverse said:
    Of course!

@itgods

• @wych bla! ^^

• wychwych Member

@itgods said:
    wych bla! ^^

Effort but better than nothing.