Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Selling my HP SE1102 RTO server (fully owned) - Back to listing again
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Selling my HP SE1102 RTO server (fully owned) - Back to listing again

Original post here:

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/24631/selling-my-hp-se1102-rto-server-fully-owned

Reposted because the previous potential buyer failed to contact me after a week, as such the unit is available again:

Currently colocating with Dacentec, with the server being fully paid off (so you can take one of the 3 options as outlined here: http://wiki.dacentec.com/index.php?title=After_Rent_to_Own_Options), paid until Apr 22, 2014. Currently paying 50 USD per month (i.e., the first option), you can convert to colo-only option with 30USD per month. I've had it since Jan 2013.

Specs are as follows:

HP SE1102 with:
Dual Xeon L5420
24 GB DDR2
4x500 GB HDDs
P400 HP Raid Controller w/ Hardware Raid 10

2x /29 block (1 came for the server, 1 block was added to me as a goodwill from Dacentec)

Screenshot of the specs:

http://imgur.com/a/6XKqe

They can loan IPMI for free for 24 hours, and are normally pretty quick in getting back to me on whatever request that I have.

Asking for $550 USD, via Paypal only.

Interested please PM me.

Please note that I am not a server provider and there will be no money back guarantee nor "trial period" for this server. It is sold as "it-is", obviously there is nothing wrong with the machine (it was assembled by Dacentec in Dacentec and I have never seen it myself as well) and comes with the warranty from Dacentec if you can stick to the 50/month payment plan.

Dacentec also offers 10% annual payment discount.

Comments

• I doubt Dacentec paid even $300 for this before they LTO'd this to you

• @texteditor said:
    I doubt Dacentec paid even $300 for this before they LTO'd this to you

if you can get it for 300 for a single unit feel free to get it elsewhere

• @Floris said:
    Leaves about $65.

number of hard drives? raid card? how about hardware replacements from dacentec and the fact that you can use this server right away?

look i am not here to debate about the price, if this is too expensive for you i am sorry but i wont be cutting my price any further

• just saying, it's just not worth the money really

• @texteditor said:
    just saying, it's just not worth the money really

oh well....now i have to sell it

• well good luck finding the sucker who would pay anything over $50 for this instead of rto'ing a newer model

• @texteditor said:
    well good luck finding the sucker who would pay anything over $50 for this instead of rto'ing a newer model

thanks for trolling i guess? ;)

• @Floris said:
    Leaves about $65.

not even close.
    hp vs supermicro
    1 drive vs 4 drives in r10
    512mb hardware raid controller

• VirtovoVirtovo Member
    edited April 2014

Did this sell? As I may be interested; however cannot come in at your price point.

Colo on this is $40/mo due to higher power requirements. If we look at your offer of sale vs 12 month RTO directly with Dacentec your server is more expensive and doesn't have the capex benefit of RTO.

To buy from you: 480 (40 * 12) + 550 = $1030

To RTO including the colo with Dacentec directly is less than $1000

If you're willing to drop the price to around half of what you are asking, please feel free to PM me.

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member
    edited April 2014

@Virtovo said:

To buy from you: 480 (40 * 12) + 550 = $1030

To RTO including the colo with Dacentec directly is less than $1000

Colo with Dacentec is 30 per month and you are free to move it to other DC for cheaper if you want to. This is not a "standard" Dacentec RTO unit because it has extra RAM, extra hard drive, hardware RAID and extra IP block. (But I guess your less than $1000 is already included in those prices).

And Dacentec no longer have this server for RTO but based on what I found:

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/7468/hp-proliant-se-1102-16gb-dacentec-com

and I quote:

This topic may have been talk about before but I need a bit of advice. This server @dacentec.com is currently 65/month and with adding 4 X 1TB drives RAID 1 + 0 plus HW Raid IP addresses and Dedi IPM it is coming in at 137.00/month

And this one does not have an extra /29 as well. (Even though they have 1TB HDD versus mine at 500GB but I have the extra 8GB of RAM)

So, 137x12=1644, versus getting the server from me for $910 ($30x12+$550).

I think the math is simple in that case :)

• @zhuanyi said:
    I think the math is simple in that case :)

Except that server is not $137.00/mo. I know because I have one with the exact same specifications.

I guess I'm not the person who will be buying this. Good luck with your sale.

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member
    edited April 2014

Virtovo said: Except that server is not $137.00/mo. I know because I have one with the exact same specifications.

Unfortunately I can't find a concrete price either. However even if your assumption is correct, I guess you can either wait for them to release more stock and be locked in for 12 month or take this one now. Similar to why contract phones are cheaper than the unlocked ones.

Virtovo said: I guess I'm not the person who will be buying this. Good luck with your sale.

Thanks.

• zhuanyi said: Similar to why contract phones are cheaper than the unlocked ones.

Except that they're not. You pay for the phone by means of a much higher subscription amount.

eBay is filled with these kinds of servers. It's the colocation that makes it unattractive as for $30/$40/month you are like $10 away from a rented dedi with support and hardware replacements.

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member

zhuanyi said: Virtovo said: Except that server is not $137.00/mo. I know because I have one with the exact same specifications.

Interesting how you now mentioned:

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/558530/#Comment_558530

The virtualisation node with 24GB of RAM is $300 more expensive over the rental period than the same non-virt node with same specs, but only 16GB of RAM

You are right, it probably doesn't cost 137 per month but I think that is actually a good illustration that the price I am asking for is reasonable. Considering the extra RAM and IP block.

mpkossen said: eBay is filled with these kinds of servers. It's the colocation that makes it unattractive as for $30/$40/month you are like $10 away from a rented dedi with support and hardware replacements.

Except the dedi is never yours.

• VirtovoVirtovo Member
    edited May 2014

zhuanyi said: Interesting how you now mentioned:

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/558530/#Comment_558530

The virtualisation node with 24GB of RAM is $300 more expensive over the rental period than the same non-virt node with same specs, but only 16GB of RAM

You are right, it probably doesn't cost 137 per month but I think that is actually a good illustration that the price I am asking for is reasonable. Considering the extra RAM and IP block.

Right, I was trying to be polite on this; however you really won't let this go to bed.

The server is worth maybe $160 in its base configuration (you can buy these from belmont technology on Ebay who are a really reputable seller). You can add the extra RAM + RAID card for $40. You're then looking at maybe $200 for four brand new drives or sub $100 for two used drives to add to the two you get in the standard configuration.

So realistically in its used state it's worth $250-$300

If we ignore buying this outright and going with a RTO with Dacentec directly its going to cost you:

With 16Gb RAM|P400|4x1TB: $80/mo for 12 months. Thats $960. Lets take away 12 * $40 which is the colocation cost at Dacentec for this server = $480 cost of server. Please consider this server has 4 x 1TB Drives at this price point vs 500Gb drives in yours.

Your server has 24GB RAM. Dacentec will add RAM to a RTO server. The RAM on ebay is $20.

Please consider the above also gives you 12 months of hardware replacement and a massive capex reduction. This is what @mpkossen was talking about (not a rental, but a RTO with Dacentec directly)

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member

Virtovo said: Your server has 24GB RAM. Dacentec will add RAM to a RTO server. The RAM on ebay is $20.

Dude, if you are quoting on Ebay cost then there is nothing I can say, good luck finding your cheap stuff of Ebay, and on that note, Virtovo is too expensive because I can find service which cost like 2 bucks a month offering the same amt of RAM and probably even larger HDD space than yours.

It is not me who doesn't want to put this to sleep, you are the person who came to my offer thread and bashing about it. I can go to your offer threads and post on every single one of them if I want to, except I have better things to do in life.

• VirtovoVirtovo Member

@zhuanyi said:

I didn't come bashing. I came and made you a fair offer for what your server is worth. If you would have accepted it I would have bought your server.

What makes you think that Dacentec do not get those servers from the same places? They offer the same base specifications as Belmont tech across many servers.

If you managed to sell this server at that price then congratulations; however if it's still for sale maybe it's telling you something.

Either way, all the best.

• zhuanyizhuanyi Member

Virtovo said: I came and made you a fair offer for what your server is worth. If you would have accepted it I would have bought your server.

There is no point for us to argue anymore. If you just want to be a low-baller then it is the way you are.

I am not advertising about this server for now (this thread has probably sank to page 1233443432 of LET with no one other than you and me arguing about this) because I am not that desperate with cash and also because there are just too many low-ballers here.

I will PM the mods to lock this thread up.

• Closed per OP's request.

This discussion has been closed.