Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can anyone sponsor me a VPS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Can anyone sponsor me a VPS?

edited April 2014 in Requests

Hey,
Anyone here who could sponsor me a VPS.
It will be used to run my website+blog and mail server
I will be launching more projects if i get a good specs server :)

A link back will be given in the website mentioning the sponsor.

my domain is midhunvarghese.com

Comments

• DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited April 2014

Depends on what the site/blog is to be used for. If were some open source project or something that benefits a large segment of people, I have some lying around unused. But if it's just your personal blog, I cant see why you cant spare around $6 per year and buy one yourself.

• wychwych Member

You have mail.

Thanked by 1MidhunVarghese
  • @joelgm said:
    Depends on what the site/blog is to be used for. If were some open source project or something that benefits a large segment of people, I have some lying around unused. But if it's just your personal blog, I cant see why you cant spare Rs 300 and buy one yourself.

It does sound like his personal blog and he's just cheaping out in hopes a gullible provider will succumb to his wishes.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • Sounds like someone that is looking for another free vps...

• @darknyan said:
    It does sound like his personal blog and he's just cheaping out in hopes a gullible provider will succumb to his wishes.

I know that you came to this after comparing my name with the domain name :)

I'm a student who can't afford to pay for it
    I'm seeking help of providers who waste their resources by keeping it idle :)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

I don't think a link back is good enough.

What else are you prepared to do? I have a spare VPS I could throw your way for the right 'sacrifice'.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@joelgm said:
    Depends on what the site/blog is to be used for. If were some open source project or something that benefits a large segment of people, I have some lying around unused. But if it's just your personal blog, I cant see why you cant spare around $6 per year and buy one yourself.

Or even less and get shared hosting...how much resources does someone's personal blog really take.

• edited April 2014

@Nekki said:
    I don't think a link back is good enough.

What else are you prepared to do? I have a spare VPS I could throw your way for the right 'sacrifice'.

Wat else can i do? :O
    I will make sure that the contents will be helpful for general traffic :D

• DroidzoneDroidzone Member
    edited April 2014

raindog308 said: Or even less and get shared hosting...how much resources does someone's personal blog really take.

Exactly.

If it's webspace, I can donate you a webhosting account on one of my VPSes with an i-mscp control panel. But cant do mail without knowing anything about you.

MidhunVarghese said: I'm a student who can't afford to pay for it I'm seeking help of providers who waste their resources by keeping it idle :)

Really? I'd imagine a burger in the UAE costs more than the annual cost of a lowend VPS.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@MidhunVarghese said:
    Wat else can i do? :O

That's down to you. How badly do you want a VPS for free?

• If you can generate quality tutorials, you can sell them to Digital Ocean for $50/each and then use that money to get free hosting from them. If not, then I don't see a point of you having a blog.

• @Nekki said:

I bought this domain for $0.50 which was almost hard for me to pay online

I haven't used the domain till now bcoz i do not get a ground for it

• @joelgm said:
    Really? I'd imagine a burger in the UAE costs more than the annual cost of a lowend VPS.

I dont eat burgers :P

Thanked by 1kyaky
  • wychwych Member
    edited April 2014

@serverian said:
    If you can generate quality tutorials, you can sell them to Digital Ocean for $50/each and then use that money to get free hosting from them. If not, then I don't see a point of you having a blog.

Can I write you high quality articles for $50 instead of sending them to DO? ;)

• @MidhunVarghese said:
    Hey,
    Anyone here who could sponsor me a VPS.

We cannot

Thanked by 3Mark_R rm_ Nickk
  • @HostNun said:
    We cannot

Thanks for the kind reply :P

• @MidhunVarghese said:
    Thanks for the kind reply :P

Bless you

Thanked by 3Mark_R Pwner darkshire
  • Why don't you host your blog on blogger with the custom domain option. You can migrate to wordpress whenever you want. Blogger is 100 % free.

• Im sure you dont need a VPS for a blog...just get some shared hosting from somewhere.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

OP, you might want to check out:

http://freevps.us

• mee2mee2 Member

You can host your blog for free on a free shared hosting space. A lot of them allow you to bring in your own domain name. I have used awardspace in past for free.

• namhuynamhuy Member
    edited April 2014

if its a website+blog and you need mail, there are many free shared hosting that fits your need. Why would you need a vps but not willing to pay ? http://www.freewebhostingtalk.com/

• If you need free shared hosting, x10Hosting is the way to go. They're hosting is pretty well structured, barely any downtime, and very responsive.

• SunnSunn Member

I'll sponsor you, i have an extra vps to throw away.

• MidhunVarghese said: bought this domain for $0.50 which was almost hard for me to pay online

Are you kidding me? Domain registrar have to pay Verisign over 7$ for a dot com domain, I don't know how you got it for $0.5. Even if its true, unless you are sure of renewing it(which definitely costs more) , there is no point having a domain just for one year (go for dot.tk domains instead).

If its a blog, you can host it on wordpress.com or other free shared hosting.

Even in case we want to "Sponsor" a domain, we should trust that you will not abuse the hosting which may lead to blacklist of our email ID. If you can spare Rs. 250 per year, you can try vps at http://lowendspirit.com/ .

• @MidhunVarghese you are from UAE, right? I thought this was a rich country...

• SunnSunn Member

@rds100 said:
    MidhunVarghese you are from UAE, right? I thought this was a rich country...

It is, but then we have these people.

• MicrolinuxMicrolinux Member
    edited April 2014

Can someone donate a new truck to me? I'll drive around with your logo on it.

• @Sunn isn't the internet access expensive there? If he can pay for internet, he can pay for a domain and VPS too :)

• akzakz Member

lol

This discussion has been closed.