Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS6 and Donn Fry Dan Fry Dan Keen
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS6 and Donn Fry Dan Fry Dan Keen

edited April 2012 in General

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=7762829&highlight=alchymic.com#post7762829

Donn Fry paypal is:

Business Name: Alchymic Networks LLC (The recipient of this payment is Verified)
Email: [email protected]

Whois alchymic.com:
Registrant Contact:

Alchymic LLC ()

Fax:
109 E. 17th Street
Suite 4107
Cheyenne, WY 82001
US

Go Ripe.net, look 109.163.238.64. This vps6 ip in voxility.net

inetnum: 109.163.238.64 - 109.163.238.127
netname: VPS6NET
descr: VPS6NET
admin-c: JH7714-RIPE
tech-c: JH7714-RIPE
mnt-by: VOXILITY-MNT
mnt-routes: VOXILITY-MNT
mnt-routes: VOXILITY-MNT
remarks: INFRA-AW
source: RIPE #Filtered

person: Jeremy Hartnett
address: 109 E. 17th St, Suite 4107, Cheyenne WY 82001
address: USA
phone: +1-866-567-1190
nic-hdl: JH7714-RIPE
abuse-mailbox: [email protected]

UpdateDeleteMore Info from RIPEstat

route: 109.163.236.0/22
descr: voxility.net
origin: AS39743

https://apps.db.ripe.net/search/query.html?searchtext=JH7714-RIPE&search:doSearch=Search

Same address in Cheyanne

Other domain
btc-x.net
btcnext.net
4dt.org

Comments

• I think stableweb.net and stableweb.org also Donn

Please check

• Registration Service Provided By: Namecheap.com
    Visit: http://namecheap.com

Domain name: stableweb.net

Registrant Contact:

Brian Combs ()

Fax:
    Taylor Ave
    Secaucus, NJ 07096
    US

• Well what's up @vps6net

• laaevlaaev Member

This does not look good, I would be interested in hearing @vps6net 's story on this.

Thanked by 1yomero
  • bill32bill32 Member
    edited April 2012

Hmm... this is very shady. Even though I've never heard of Don Fry, I'm thinking he's not a good guy!

I was on VPS6net's website (https://vps6.net/network-romania.php), and found that their dataserver in Bucharest, RO is apparently located at the same place as noted in the IP record: Voxility SRL, Pompeiu 9. What does this mean?

• laaevlaaev Member

@bill32 said: Hmm... this is very shady. Even though I've never heard of Don Fry, I'm thinking he's not a good guy!

I haven't heard of him until a couple days ago either.

• Looks (slightly) shady. What if @Naruto was @vps6net and Donn Fry?

Thanked by 1Jeffrey
  • Lol... what if I was Donn Fry?

• Confused as what is going on but lets just wait until @vps6net makes their statement.

• bretonbreton Member
    edited April 2012

I also want to ask @vps6net about this comment. If you try to look for it on http://www.ilsos.gov/lprpsearch/, you will find nothing.
    So, what's wrong with that number?

Thanked by 1bill32
  • bill32bill32 Member
    edited April 2012

Also, it's interesting that they don't have their (invalid) LP registration number on their website, only on the LET and WHT forums...

• HC_RoHC_Ro Member
    edited April 2012

Theres a few business entity that are owned by

COMPLETE WEB REVIEWS, INC - IL

INACTIVE - WEBHOSTINGPAD.LOM
    ACTIVE - GREENVILLEHOST.COM
    ACTIVE - WEBHOSTINGPAD.COM
    ACTIVE - VPSDEPOT.COM

probably not of any use to your discussion though.

edit* sry copy paste retains the txt size

• The BBB rating for webhostingpad.com is C-:
    http://www.bbb.org/chicago/business-reviews/internet-web-hosting/web-hosting-padcom-in-rolling-meadows-il-88274902

I can't find BBB ratings for any other sites, including VPS6.net.

• HC_RoHC_Ro Member
    edited April 2012

On a slight tangent, BBB is kinda old and costs way to much (like half a G/yr + fees) to be listed so I would not put anything to someone who is not BBB. That said it looks like the WHP complaints on there are pretty rough.

• So... who is Donn Fry ???

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Well I noticed if you check the history, the domain for vps6 was registered under the same name as ionvm. Jeremy said on WHT that the domain was purchased by another company before they got it. To be honest, it's hard to tell how much of the whole Donn Fry scandal is mostly justified paranoia. I've been watching with a bag of popcorn.

The thing about VPS6 is that if it is this guy pulling another scam, he's making some beautiful systems at the moment. Did IonVM ever sustain this level of performance for this long? I know it's not long, I just wonder if he'd run with what he had after being supposedly outed after a few months of success (this isn't the first "outing"). You'd think riding the ship until your reputation sank it wouldn't fit the profile that's been drafted around these discussions. Either way, I'm loving my vps and it's not like I can't find another if they fail. It's a personal system anyway.

• flyfly Member

ya vps6 has a pretty legit system set up and it seems as if they have more than one employee, so not really sure. i fell out when they had that whole xen crash a few weeks ago.

• vps6netvps6net Member
    edited April 2012

@breton said: So, what's wrong with that number?

VPS6.NET, LP is registered in the State of Montana, you can verify our LP filing information here: https://app.mt.gov/cgi-bin/bes/besCertificate.cgi?action=detail&bessearch=L220436

@bill32 said: I can't find BBB ratings for any other sites, including VPS6.net.

We are currently not registered with the BBB.

@concernednetizen said: stableweb.net and stableweb.org
    @HC_Ro said: COMPLETE WEB REVIEWS, INC - IL

INACTIVE - WEBHOSTINGPAD.LOM

ACTIVE - GREENVILLEHOST.COM
    ACTIVE - WEBHOSTINGPAD.COM
    ACTIVE - VPSDEPOT.COM

VPS6.NET, LP is not associated with any of these entities, in any capacity.

@jarland said: The thing about VPS6 is that if it is this guy pulling another scam, he's making some beautiful systems at the moment. Did IonVM ever sustain this level of performance for this long? I know it's not long, I just wonder if he'd run with what he had after being supposedly outed after a few months of success (this isn't the first "outing"). You'd think riding the ship until your reputation sank it wouldn't fit the profile that's been drafted around these discussions. Either way, I'm loving my vps and it's not like I can't find another if they fail. It's a personal system anyway.

Jarland,

VPS6.NET is not a scam. We design beautiful systems because our goal is to provide a quality hosting service. We will continue to do this to the very best of our ability.

If anyone has additional concerns about the identity of our business and operations, I would be more than happy to address them.

Thanked by 3jar breton Andri
    edited April 2012

Jeremy, I only said "if." I think you need not worry about my thoughts, as my satisfaction is reflected in my paid invoices :)

Why'd they suspend you at WHT? That's nuts.

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited April 2012

VPS6 has been nothing but quality, fantastic uptime, great prices, great hardware and great support. In fact short hostgator i've never seen such great support(in terms of being online constantly). I'm aware of the issues they've had with turkey and a few others things but they've handled everything i've seen with the highest level of professionalism, so before you throw them under the bus you should take into consideration all the facts and let them comment on this scam claim, even though thus far it's completely unfounded.

Thanked by 2jar vps6net
  • laaevlaaev Member

@vps6net Why are you suspended on WHT? What is your affiliation with "Donn Fry" ?

• vps6netvps6net Member
    edited April 2012

@jarland said: Jeremy, I only said "if." I think you need not worry about my thoughts, as my satisfaction is reflected in my paid invoices :)

No worries, I posted only for your reassurance!

@taipres said: VPS6 has been nothing but quality, fantastic uptime, great prices, great hardware and great support. In fact short hostgator i've never seen such great support(in terms of being online constantly). I'm aware of the issues they've had with turkey and a few others things but they've handled everything i've seen with the highest level of professionalism, so before you throw them under the bus you should take into consideration all the facts and let them comment on this scam claim, even though thus far it's completely unfounded.

Thanks for your comments. I would also urge anyone here with doubts about our service to sign up a trial or low end account, and take advantage of our 30 Day Full Refund Guarantee if anything is not up to scratch.

@FTN_Kevin said: @vps6net Why are you suspended on WHT? What is your affiliation with "Donn Fry" ?

This was actually brought to my attention by this thread. I'm looking into the issue with WebHostingTalk's moderation team now. I do not know the identities of Donn Fry, Don Fry, Brian Combs, or any of the other names listed here.

I asked in a ticket why they had previously refused to answer about any connections, this was the answer from Chris:

Where Ionvm is concerned, I personally have no knowledge of it beyond what has been posted around web hosting forums. We have a strict policy against involving ourselves in forum politics, which is probably what you are referencing when you say we have "refused to answer" particular things in public.

• HC_RoHC_Ro Member
    edited April 2012

---- whois

person: Jeremy Hartnett
    address: 109 E. 17th St, Suite 4107, Cheyenne WY 82001
    phone: +1-866-567-1190
    nic-hdl: JH7714-RIPE
    abuse-mailbox: [email protected]

Alchymic LLC
    109 E 17th St Ste 4107
    Cheyenne, WY 82001 USA

---- MT SOS filing info

Name: VPS6.NET, LP
    ID #: L220436
    Jurisdiction State: MT
    Status Reason: GOOD STANDING
    Status Dates

Filing Date: 11/28/2011
    Creation Date: 11/28/2011
    Renewal Date: 11/28/2016
    Principal Office Address

Street: 109 E 17TH ST STE 4107
    City: CHEYENNE
    State: WY
    Zip: 82001-0000

Both entity have the same registered agent though different offices in each state.

Northwest Registered Agent Service, Inc.

If ever where was the case that these two business entity were not tied together it may be a case of using the same lawyer or business filing service that provides the same level of proxy protection in multiple jurisdictional areas.

In ex: the corp I represent has a registered agent that has locations in most of the US states, it is not completely out of the ordinary to have the same info.

• laaevlaaev Member

Thanks for the clarification Jeremy!

Thanked by 1giang
  • https://app.mt.gov/cgi-bin/bes/besCertificate.cgi?action=detail&bessearch=E064327&trans_id=besa1211206353475b600
    https://app.mt.gov/cgi-bin/bes/besCertificate.cgi?action=detail&bessearch=L220436

Qualification Date == Filing Date;
    Principal Office Addresses are the same;
    As well as "Agent" section.

Dann F from http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=7761927&postcount=35 gives his email at alchymic.com.

Though I've changed the title of the topic. Nobody has been scammed by vps6 (yet).

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • HC_RoHC_Ro Member
    edited April 2012

Interesting addition to my above summary, so it was formed/reformed in MT to include another entity partnership in that jurisdiction?

Definitely odd.

• gianggiang Veteran

I suddenly press "Thank" button on a post while click my mouse randomly on the page again =(

Thanked by 1Nexus
  • edited April 2012

@HC_Ro I ask friend legal, he say this WY company registr in MT

Go WY website https://wyobiz.wy.gov/Business/FilingDetails.aspx?FilingNum=2011-000610952

Parties page say Dan Keen is owner

He lie on legal paper

Now go to web Donn give us
    https://app.mt.gov/cgi-bin/bes/besCertificate.cgi?action=detail&bessearch=L220436

Pay $2 get owner name

VPS6.NET, LP

Principal Information                

Position    Name    Address              
    GENERAL PARTNER     ALCHYMIC LLC    109 E 17TH ST STE 4107 CHEYENN          
    LIMITED PARTNER     NONE STATED

Owner Alchymic LLC

Who Donn say is his company

Donn is criminal now he catch

Thanked by 2DeletedUser Spirit