Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS or Dedicated in Netherlands
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS or Dedicated in Netherlands

I'm looking for a VPS or Dedicated server in Netherlands. Specs I'm looking for...

1 or 2 Cores
1 or 2GB RAM
500 GB Disk Space (or better)
100 Mbps Max Downlink
100 Mbps Max Uplink
Unmetered Bandwidth

The key here is storage, and less about power. Though, I'll need the minimums stated above in order for applications to function smoothly. Decent uptime would be great, but ultimately occasional downtime isn't a deal breaker.

Any takers? Ready to go on this right away. Shopping price.

Comments

• what is your budget?

• How much bandwidth do you plan on using? You can check out http://www.worldstream.nl/special.php which match your CPU, ram, uplink/downlink requirements. Most servers there come with 10TB/month bandwidth as well.

• Was thinking € 10-15

This is basically a seedbox for torrents. Would prefer uncapped bandwidth if possible.

Thanks guys!

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited April 2014

I'm sorry but your expectations for that price is unrealistic in Europe. You'll likely be able to get this in the U.S on the East Coast close to Europe though.

• ashworth said: This is basically a seedbox for torrents. Would prefer uncapped bandwidth if possible.

What kind of legal torrent requires that much bandwidth?

• iSkyiSky Member

Yeah, you can get "tricked" if you ask for the US one with that price @ashworth even they will gave you 300GB storage, 300TB, 8GB RAM, also 1 year with your monthly budget

• blergh_blergh_ Member
    edited April 2014

I can offer you a slot off my personal box at i3d possibly, but you would be looking at min 10 euro and some limitations to data-transfer.

• Any reason for NL? I'm sure you could get a decent box at Kimsufi with those specs, and they all have unlimited bandwidth.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

kimsufi is the only thing that comes to my mind in that price range and that is not even in NL.

• ztecztec Member

Downloading just became illegal in the netherlands too. Since the 10th.

• https://5gbps.com/storage-vps.php

Not within LEB pricing but they do offer huge amount of HDD space with their NL vps plans.Reviews are mixed but remember I do not have any personal experience of using their vps

• @ztec said:
    Downloading just became illegal in the netherlands too. Since the 10th.

It's a civil offense, not a criminal offense though.

• iSkyiSky Member

@ztec arre u sure ?

• ztecztec Member

@iSky said:
    ztec arre u sure ?

yeah

• @iSky said:
    ztec arre u sure ?

But the people who will chase us like BREIN said they wont care about the downloaders, just about the uploaders of the content.

Thanked by 1iSky
  • iSkyiSky Member

@Floris said:

it would be good news for the downloaders and bad news for the uploader. CHEERS

• ztecztec Member

@Floris said:

That's what they say right now. But they CAN chase downloaders now. which concerns me.

• Wow. All good info. I didn't know about the new laws.

More or less, I was aiming for a seedbox to use with my private trackers. Netherlands seemed the best option. Maybe not now?

• @ashworth said:
    Wow. All good info. I didn't know about the new laws.

More or less, I was aiming for a seedbox to use with my private trackers. Netherlands seemed the best option. Maybe not now?

If you're planning on uploading on a regular base, then BREIN will chase you. I'd rather go for an offshore.

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited April 2014

EDIT:

List of content that BREIN protects http://www.anti-piracy.nl/aangeslotenen.php

• BREIN mostly hits topsites and the occasional torrent site ops, don't worry

• @ashworth said:
    Was thinking € 10-15

This is basically a seedbox for torrents. Would prefer uncapped bandwidth if possible.

Thanks guys!

Online.net has the perfect things at this price:

http://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server/dedicated-server-overview-perso

And I believe, that many of those servers are used by happy customers as seedboxes :)

• XuHiXuHi Member

You will struggle to get a legit 'unlimited' bandwidth in Netherlands unless its fair use. Disk space might be costly as well. Especially on a VPS. I think a cheap dedicated server is the best option. Online.net is cheap as mentioned already. I would go with them.

• cloudcandycloudcandy Member
    edited August 2014

You are expecting too much with that budget we offer NL VPS but that also is costly for your price.

• @cloudcandy said:
    You are expecting too much with that budget we offer NL VPS but that also is costly for your price. Our Netherlands VPS configuration is like this:

3 Cores
    2 GB RAM
    200 GB Disk Space
    10TB bandwidth
    Price is $24.99 per month.

STOP SPAMMING.

Read the rules. Flagged for ban.

• wychwych Member

@ashworth said:
    Was thinking € 10-15

Thanks guys!

Online.net is probably your best bet, but its outside the NL in FR.