Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[US] Delimiter DEDI specials - repost from WHT of LET-friendly offers - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[US] Delimiter DEDI specials - repost from WHT of LET-friendly offers

2»

Comments

• Nope nothing for me I ordered on 19th or 20th

• vb543vb543 Member

Just got my X5150 that I ordered on the 19th. :)

• tomletomle Member, LIR
    edited March 2014

Got my server 9h ago. ILO is painfully slow but the server seems to be alright.
    Update: ILO is ok with Internet Explorer, it's crawling in Firefox.

• Got my server less than 30 minutes ago.

• Strange @tomle got his before @timberw0lf . I guess maybe they ordered different servers. I ordered mine on the 22nd, so I guess I'll have to wait until either end of this week or early next week.

• tomletomle Member, LIR

Might have been timezone differences, payment method, server configuration etc.

• true, could be a number of things, you're right. I didn't think about all that.

• Just got an email a couple of seconds ago telling me my server was set up and currently installing the OS

• BruceBruce Member

those who have their orders fulfilled, does your service show up as your order date or fulfillment date?

• Fulfillment date.

• @project10 said:
    Fulfillment date.

same

• BruceBruce Member

good news. not paying for the waiting time.

• @MarkTurner Is traffic to/from the netapp filer counted as "data transfer" as far as the Atom's 2TB monthly limit is concerned? It looks like it might be, judging by the graphs in the client area (under the "data traffic" button)

• Yep, I guess since traffic accounting is done on the switch port, any disk I/O you do counts against your transfer limit. Is this intentional or an oversight?

• tomletomle Member, LIR
    edited March 2014

http://www.speedtest.net/result/3401449124.png (That's my best speed)

@MarkTurner: I seem to have gotten one of your Jamaican IPs, what's the ETA for fixing this?
    Also, rDNS requests take 30h+, why don't you delegate IPv6 subnets?

• Does anyone know a test IP for Atlanta DC? Couldn't find it.

• oz42oz42 Member

the code SAVEMARCH2014 has expired... one day too late. :-(

• CarpeCarpe Member

Ordered HP BL460C Dual X5150 the last day on March and enjoyed being a fool the first day of April -;)

• CarpeCarpe Member

I've been testing connections with Germany, the UK, Canada, USA and China. It was very slow for a few hours with VirginMedia Greater London UK last Thursday. It's almost inaccessible to/from ChinaUnicom Beijing China over the weekend. More later from a fool in April -;)

• tomletomle Member, LIR

Speeds depend a lot on the routing, my speeds to Europe are all over the place:

Download Speed From ThinkBroadband, London, United Kingdom : 12.9MB/s

Download Speed From Tele2, Stockholm, Sweden : 8.11MB/s

Download Speed From OVH, Roubaix, France : 1.39MB/s

Download Speed From Prometeus, Milan, Italy : 9.35MB/s

Download Speed From LeaseWeb, Frankfurt, Germany : 1.53MB/s

Download Speed From Interactive3D, Amsterdam, Netherlands : 1.66MB/s

https://www.petabyet.com/result/2014-03-31-898e5ea1df3ac55f240834618f793186/

The Atoms seem to be doing much worse in terms of network speed: https://www.petabyet.com/result/2014-04-02-9c7f509d7f11f805ff88d74589c97280/
    @Carpe: I guess you could PM @MarkTurner with more details if you think it's a problem.

• CarpeCarpe Member

Thanks @tomle. Only have access to testing environments over weekends. Focused on getting basic dev environment up and running on x5150 the past weekend. Will follow your tips if issues re-appear.

• CarpeCarpe Member

The connection to ChinaUnicom Beijing is way better than "accessible" now, just hit 9Mb/s with routine rsync-ing of small files, should be better with large files.

Thanks a lot for your help @MarkTurner.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • Glad to hear it!