Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Refund denied?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Refund denied?

NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
edited April 2014 in General

Hi,

Some providers here have in terms that they offer a refund for the first 3 or 7 days for the first order. So when i go within 3 days to them and make them clear i want a refund because the Support is for me to slow (simple question 27 Hours, it was working day) and they tell you no refund will be placed.

So basically is that ok from his side? He as nothing in his TOS who reserves him the right to denied a refund basically.

Comments

• It should be based on when the ticket was posted unless there is clear abuse from your side between the time it takes for a response.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

IMO, it is better to say no refunds, period and then allow them on a case by case basis. Giving refunds the first x days usually means you will get abusers and it is more hassle than worth it. So far, almost all the people that asked if we have refunds were into some kind of abuse. Rarely, mostly chinese having bad ping, were legit in asking a refund.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

So, i asked 04/04/2014 14:27 and he responded 05/04/2014 17:44,

That wasnt my first ticket same here: 02/04/2014 23:26 and 04/04/2014 11:35

• With support being delayed almost 1-2 days... why are you even using that service? It's hard to get money back from those one man shows.

edited April 2014

Somone recommend them to me, got also coupon and i ordered there, the only way would be paypal dispute.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

If you ordered the service didn't abuse it and opened your ticket within the period of time their site says I see no reason why you should not have been refunded

edited April 2014

@Fliphost i didnt got any reason he just told me " The refund will not take place. "

edit: just to warn you: http://www.gameplayservers.com/

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@Infinity580 No clue then, sounds like you made the right decision to leave

• hope you paid with credit card. they have their own terms of what is acceptable no matter what a business says. Issue a charge back.

• CoreyCorey Member

@princeshoko said:
    hope you paid with credit card. they have their own terms of what is acceptable no matter what a business says. Issue a charge back.

We are talking about a lowendbox here right? Why would he go through the trouble of a chargeback for less than $7. He used the service - just didn't like the support... and it appears they aren't going to uphold their money back guarantee. Maybe he should just leave bad reviews like this instead of bother our banks about < $7. It appears this site even has a "1 Day Free" Option. Now I'm not saying what they did is right... but come on now...

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
    edited April 2014

@Corey it was more then 7$, I also linked the page.

• CoreyCorey Member

@Infinity580 said:
    Corey it was more then 7$, I also linked the page.

I saw that you linked the page, I visited it. How much more than $7 was it? Just a few bucks? I mean we are talking pocket change. I clicked the first product I saw because I don't know what product you ordered and it is 4 Euros which is $5.48

• I want everyone to just send me some pocket change . Pocket change multiplied by millions is good by me if thats "All it is"

Thief is a theif

• @corey i've done a charge back on as low as 25cents before because no one steals from me. Even when its "pocket change"

• @princeshoko said:
    corey i've done a charge back on as low as 25cents before because no one steals from me. Even when its "pocket change"

Haha

• Quite right! Some of these charlatans think they've legitimised theft.

• HC_RoHC_Ro Member
    edited April 2014

Corey said: How much more than $7 was it? Just a few bucks? I mean we are talking pocket change.

Any amount of money is valuable and a vendor should respect that. If there is a issue with a vendor charging $X and thinking it is not a valuable sum then dont offer it.

I dont think its fair to belittle or question someone about whatever amount of money is spent. It seems extremely close minded.

Also, and of course I am not saying that in this case. Some parts of the world $5 a week in pay is enough to provide a livable wage. Imagine that scenario and that person paying $7 for something or even $2. That is extremely valuable.

Of course I recommend exhausting all options prior to raising a dispute with your financial institution.

I never charged back, but that is because I buy very cheap services and I do not require quality, most of the time, so I am happy with what i get as long as I get it, 2-3 $ are not worth the hassle, even out of principle, unless it is intentional theft. Then that guy needs all the chargebacks possible to be denied service by processors. That didnt happen to me yet, I research my hosts for crooks before signing up and I avoid hidden whois and non-registered businesses.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Asking for a refund after a ticket taking 27 hours? Shit son, if I took that approach, I'd be asking for refund from the majority of the providers here!

• LeeLee Veteran

Regardless of the reason, providing you have not abused the service a refund should be due. If you advertise a refund within x days you should give it.

• @Corey said:
    I saw that you linked the page, I visited it. How much more than $7 was it? Just a few bucks? I mean we are talking pocket change. I clicked the first product I saw because I don't know what product you ordered and it is 4 Euros which is $5.48

Pocket change are still money. It maybe not worth anything to you, but for some other people $7 can give you food for entire family for the whole day. Just sayin.

Thanked by 1Dean

@Corey money is money, i do chargeback on 5$-7$ Yearly VPS when the host is gonna scam me. As i said i asked for and he said No and on his website 3 days refund. So he is happy with the dispute i think.

• LeeLee Veteran

Indeed, there are plenty I am sure that come to LET to get a cheap deal because it's what their finances allow so I don't think it's fair claiming $7 to be pocket change for all.

Thanked by 2Dean Neoon
  • DaveDave Member

If the website states a refund within x timeframe and you ask for a refund within x timeframe, it needs to be honoured.

If any amount of cash you pay for a service is important to you then you NEED to read the ToS and the refund policy. If it's still acceptable, only then should you sign up.

I can believe a lot of hosts here operate on the thinnest of margins so any refund will actually cost them to provide plus the time involved for support (replying to your messages) plus the cost of any services you've used (usually bandwidth).

It's not unreasonable to ask for a refund if you're entitled to it so if you're still clear of all ToS and AUP then keep asking or as others have mentioned, charge back.

Also, a review (good or bad) will be much more effective at punishing/thanking bad/good hosts.

Good luck.

Dave said: Also, a review (good or bad) will be much more effective at punishing/thanking bad/good hosts.

Yes, we need more reviews. I read them all for both professional and personal interest. Sadly, since I have so many personal enemies here ready to cry foul at every review I would make, I cant do them anymore, but others could :)

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Maounique said:
    Yes, we need more reviews. I read them all for both professional and personal interest. Sadly, since I have so many personal enemies here ready to cry foul at every review I would make, I cant do them anymore, but others could :)

To be fair mate, whilst you continue to represent a rival, it's probably slightly dodgy to do so.

I agree we need more reviews, but most of the ones on here are shite anyway. They're either full of meaningless benchmarks, or are 'everything was great, never needed support!' etc. I'm not sure what a 'good' review of a VPS would even look like.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • @Nekki said:
    I agree we need more reviews, but most of the ones on here are shite anyway. They're either full of meaningless benchmarks, or are 'everything was great, never needed support!' etc. I'm not sure what a 'good' review of a VPS would even look like.

It would be nice if there was a review standard, like a template that everyone MUST fill in properly, any reviews without that template would be deemed invalid or something. that template should be covering the most important points that would give people a good indication of what the provider is like.

I dont know if there previously was a system like this at LET but it actually doesn't look like a bad idea to me.

• LeeLee Veteran

Nekki said: They're either full of meaningless benchmarks, or are 'everything was great, never needed support!' etc.

This. That is not a review, all you are saying is that the service is as it should be and you are getting what you paid for. There needs to be a reason to do the review, i.e. "I had several issues but look at what the host did and how they helped me (with full explanation)".

A review after a year simply to say everything is great is OK, but not "here is my 24 hour review" of which there have been a few or "My 1 month review" or "my 1 month review now a 3 month review". All BS to be honest.

Just as providing IO numbers which are out of date the instant it's run anyway.

I lost the case, thats what paypal calls "buyer protection" good that the host at OVH.