Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Behold the Wable!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Behold the Wable!

Host4GeeksHost4Geeks Member, Host Rep

Incero unveils Wable: https://www.wable.com/

The Resource Bundle-Based Cloud

Thanked by 2SpeedyKVM isalem

Comments

• All inside one Texas Datacenter? KVM? OpenVZ?

• SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member

@amarc said:

• you can't signup as you need to enter mobile phone number and they only support ~10 countries

We'll add more countries as we roll out more, for now we want a somewhat controlled roll out.

@Abydon said:
    All inside one Texas Datacenter?

We just turned up our Seattle location recently and will be adding that to Wable in the next few weeks. (ComingSoon*TM)

Thanks for your interest!

• @Incero said:

Is it KVM or OpenVZ, given that it is a seperate brand?

edited April 2014

@Abydon said:

We're running our own control panel, provisioning system, etc ontop of OpenVZ virtualization. The system allows auto adding of IPs to vps, various atuo abuse detection features, etc. The servers have 2-10gbps ports each. We also own our own network and hardware so we have a lot of control over the environment.

Welcome all and any feedback :-). Im excited to see all the signups so far!

@amarc said:
    OpenVZ.. not worth it..

We only just launched today, can you give me more feedback on the "not worth it" let me know what needs improving!

• Wow... Looking forward to see them accept Indonesian...

@DalComp said:
    Wow... Looking forward to see them accept Indonesian...

Will look into this on Monday. I think right now we are limited to which countries twilio supports fully (sms and phone). Open to alternatives, and manual account approvals in future.

Thanked by 1DalComp
  • @DalComp said:
    Wow... Looking forward to see them accept Indonesian...

+1 bro

• Nice, too bad it's OVZ.

• looks very interesting

• GunterGunter Member
    edited April 2014

10Gbp ports? Nice.

Even though this is OpenVZ, are the servers actually oversold or capable of production tasks?

• Seems nice, will check it out when @Incero open sign-up's for Turkey.

• wychwych Member

Im curious as to more info on the SMTP limits.

Would be nice to split web/mail/db servers up, but the limits could pose issues.

• Wow, you found a credit card provider that's ok with disclosure of costs?

• OpenVZ

• amarc said: you can't signup as you need to enter mobile phone number

Yeah, too bad for those of us who don't have a mobile phone.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

sleddog said: Yeah, too bad for those of us who don't have a mobile phone.

I think more people have mobile than landline. Where are you living, just curious?

• sleddogsleddog Member
    edited April 2014

Maounique said: I think more people have mobile than landline. Where are you living, just curious?

Cell service is available where I live, I just choose not to have one. It's not mandatory you know :)

Thanked by 1tchen
  • DylanDylan Member

@sleddog

I entered a mobile number but got a call rather than a text, so my guess would be that landlines work too. I could be wrong, though.

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • OpenVZ, seriously? :(

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

K2Bytes said: OpenVZ, seriously? :(

Easy to scale, easy to create failover by slabbing, easy to move, etc. If you dont need many firewall modules or special stuff like tun/tap, mac addresses, complex VLANs and all, it will do. It is probably a test, if this works and people ask for more features, it is easy to grow it into something more feature-rich but harder to manage.

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • @Maounique said:

I am personally not a fan of OpenVZ for obvious reasons but I wish best of luck to @Incero with this project. They really are a decent provider.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog

@Rallias said:
    Wow, you found a credit card provider that's ok with disclosure of costs?

I suggest reporting us to the Internet police. Assuming you're referring to this: http://d.pr/i/hMx8/3ZzS998p

Sad to see you becoming a troll. :(

Thanked by 1netomx

@wych said:
    Im curious as to more info on the SMTP limits.

Would be nice to split web/mail/db servers up, but the limits could pose issues.

Email us at [email protected] with your needs and we'll confirm. However be advised Incero is a spamhaus silver star holder, we proactively fight spammers, our IP ranges need to stay clean. If you're doing any sort of mass mailing we're not for you.

Emailing for your business/forum/etc is fine. Mass mailing of commercial email/offers even for opt-in is not allowed.

Thanked by 1Scion

@darknyan said:
    10Gbp ports? Nice.

Even though this is OpenVZ, are the servers actually oversold or capable of production tasks?

Nothing is oversold. We launched a beta of the parent of this product in 2013 at sxsw:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=543015369071395&set=pb.259717217401213.-2207520000.1396717418.&type=3&theater

Since then we've been working on automation, provisioning, etc. Will there be bumps in the road? Sure. Are we confident that we've got a solid product, yes. :-) Most importantly we have our own full time dev team, and we're fully dedicated to rolling out updates, features, and improvements.

We monitor ram commit, ram use, disk io, network io, etc every 13 seconds. Provisioning is very smart, it is not a haphazard allocation of vps to machine, server health is considered at every step of the way.

Welcome all and any feedback, excited to get all this feedback from LET. Appreciate the warm welcome for wable thus far.

• AbydonAbydon Member
    edited April 2014

@Incero said:
    We only just launched today, can you give me more feedback on the "not worth it" let me know what needs improving!

The general concern with OpenVZ is:

1) Overselling

2) Bad actor VMs that cause issues for the other VMs on the host occur more frequently for a variety of reasons. Generally under KVM or XEN (unless the vendor oversells) VMs can only screw each other with disk and network I/O performance.

If you are selling the CPU/RAM 1:1 and have safeguard in place it might be just as good as KVM/XEN...just I've never seen an OpenVZ host bother.

If this was KVM or XEN, I would have probably jumped on it. I'm still tempted since people say Incero is good to try it out for Dev boxen.

edited April 2014

thanks @abydon fair points all around. I think only time will tell how trust worthy our product is. From my personal POV, I wouldn't have hired multiple developers and worked with them daily for over a year to then destroy the service with overselling. But I understand the karma surrounding openvz and people overselling.

Honestly, even without overselling we will make more profit on vps than we ever have with dedicated servers. There is no need for us to oversell. We already own all the hardware and the network, now we just have lower costs thanks to automation. The human costs involved with dedicated servers for a single client is just very high when you actually have to pay employees salaries etc. With virtualization we can grow more with less staff overheads.

I think it would be a fair guess that most VPS providers are resellers of some sort, typically they rent dedicated servers from a provider, so they have higher costs and are forced to oversell their machines to make a profit. We don't have that issue.

Thanks for giving wable a shot.

• @Incero

Its np. Tbh, once Ubuntu 14.04 LTS comes out I'll probably try you out anyway since I want to setup a 3 box cluster to mess around with. Especially if you have 2-3 locations so I can test replication b/t datacenters and such.

I think a large part of my hesitation is it just feels silly to start something new when I'm going to be replacing the OS and packages in 2 weeks on everything I have.

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited April 2014

Seems like an interesting service, apart from anything you can be sure Incero will not mess around if anyone abuses the service and will monitor it closely which makes the use of OVZ less of an issue.

That name though.. :)