Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 Q1 top providers community pool (take two, without "jokes" and private voting) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

2014 Q1 top providers community pool (take two, without "jokes" and private voting)

2»

Comments

• why not. It's not a secret Prometeus is the best here, so all my 5 votes go to iwstack/prometeus/iperweb

Thanked by 2Maounique netomx
  • @Nekki said:
    He did, but you didn't respond quick enough. Shame on your for not having 24/7 cover on the forum to deal with urgent queries like this.

LOL :-D

He could have PM'd me, of course. I was in bed sick for most of the day yesterday, so I wasn't on here much :-) Patience is golden sometimes.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited April 2014

This was needed, even if you replied me in PM. Public opinion is, well, public. Besides, I am not convinced at all by the public explanation, I would have not been in PM either, so this would have happened regardless.

• @Nekki said:
    I never said it was a problem, it just added to the sense that it was being done for a laugh.

My bad, I implied you did.

• Jingle bells, batman smells.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited April 2014

@serverian said:
    Jingle bells, batman smells.

Robin laid an EGG!

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@taronyu said:
    My bad, I implied you did.

You? Bad? Never. We buds :-0

Thanked by 1taronyu
  • @Maounique said:
    This was needed, even if you replied me in PM. Public opinion is, well, public. Besides, I am not convinced at all by the public explanation, I would have not been in PM either, so this would have happened regardless.

What public explanation did not convince you? The one I gave just now?

Maounique said: You cannot just change the rules and say 4 words about it buried well so I didnt see it at first and I bet the vast majority

Well, I can, apparently ;-) Not without people noticing, of course, but that's never my intention. If there's one thing I know it's that people are going to notice. Again, I really didn't try to bury it.

edited April 2014

mpkossen said: What public explanation did not convince you? The one I gave just now?

The one about providers feeling bad about voting for other providers and stuff like that. I would have understood if there was some negative voting, at least in part, but with only positive stuff,t hat thing is not logical. maybe there was some misunderstanding and you meant something else?
    One other thing I was after with this thread was to test some different voting system, not much in essence, but to eliminate sabotage or reduce attempts to rig it. Counting HMs in some way is also an idea. Many people have a lot of providers.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Give everyone a single vote, not points no HMs, just the one - force the voter to actually think and make a decision.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited April 2014

Prometeus already has a good domain name to show the results of such poll: lowendgems.com
    Currently it's just used to link to their own offers, but with such domain name nothing says it can't be developed into a periodic Top Providers award website (voted by the LEB community).
    Copying my vote from the official poll, 5 to Prometeus on this one.

Thanked by 1Maounique

OK, thank you all that voted, I think this was needed, we solved the problem. Can be closed. (for now)

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited April 2014

mpkossen said: You guys sure know how to create drama without asking questions first.

Maounique said: OK, thank you all that voted, I think this was needed, we solved the problem. Can be closed.

Do we get any confirmation that the "joke" votes in the official poll will be nullified, and those voting earlier for Dewlance allowed to re-vote this time for real?

• rm_ said: Do we get any confirmation that the "joke" votes in the official poll will be nullified, and those voting earlier for Dewlance allowed to re-vote this time for real?

I would be happy to do that since this is fixed.

• Maounique said: Don't worry, valid votes will be counted.

Good job, nekki, jcaleb, admins, mods and other haters. I am curious if you will manage to stop this :)
    It was one of the last good things LET had, you are working overtime to destroy it.

Sorry if I offended you. I thought the others were voting for music bands, and I assume its humor thread. I will remove my post.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • draziloxdrazilox Member
    edited April 2014

One point for:

• Prometeus (iwStack)
    • RamNode
    • Backupsy

I leave 2 points unused >:3

edit: what, am I too late :( ?

• GIANT_CRABGIANT_CRAB Member
    edited April 2014

5 points for Me, Myself and I

On serious note, 5 points for Cloudshards. HM: Query Foundry

• Closed per OP's request.

Any "joke" voters on the other official poll, please let me know if you want to change your vote.

This discussion has been closed.