Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

openvpn server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

openvpn server

Hello guys do you suggest lowendspirit for vpnserver? anyone using this company for vpn server? thanks.

Comments

• Thank you

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

It works!

• @MikHo said:
    It works!

Can i connect to that vpn from multiple accounts at the same time? For example i want to share this vpn account with my brother. We are at the same house. Thanks.

• @bboran said:
    Can i connect to that vpn from multiple accounts at the same time? For example i want to share this vpn account with my brother. We are at the same house. Thanks.

You just need to "Add a cert for a new user" by running the script again.

• StaticSilvaStaticSilva Member
    edited April 2014

After running that installer what are the steps to take after it makes the tar.gz file? Can't find instructions anywhere.

• sc754sc754 Member

I had 2 LES servers for vpn's but they stopped working after a month and I couldn't use the vpn anymore :(

@StaticSilva said:
    After running that installer what are the steps to take after it makes the tar.gz file? Can't find instructions anywhere.

Download the file and put it (extract the files) in your openvpn folder.

@sc754 said:
    I had 2 LES servers for vpn's but they stopped working after a month and I couldn't use the vpn anymore :(

What location?

• when i purchase MiniVPS128 packgage does it allow me to choose an os and install it or i have to manually install and setup os? if yes which os do you recommend me to use in LES with openvpn setup and is there a script that you can also recommend to setup the vps. thank you.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2014

You can choose OS from control panel, make one or two clicks, wait some minute and it will be installed.
    Most OpenVPN tutorials are for Debian and CentOS. Debian is a bit more lightweight which is important information when you deal with mini VPS with low memory.

• 32 bit or 64bit for mini vps ?

• I use 32bit OS with smaller low resource boxes and 64 bit OS with bigger boxes, but it doesn't make a big difference. Whatever you choose will be fine.

• @MikHo said: Download the file and put it (extract the files) in your openvpn folder.

What openvpn folder?

• StaticSilva said: What openvpn folder?

He means to download certificates into OpenVPN client configuration directory at your computer.

@bboran said:
    32 bit or 64bit for mini vps ?

32 bit for vps with 3 gb ram or less.

@StaticSilva siad:
    What openvpn folder?

As Spirit said, you client config directory

• bboranbboran Member
    edited April 2014

thanks for your help. i just purchased an account but it still says "pending" in services.

@bboran said:
    thanks for your help. i just purchased an account but it still says "pending" in services.

On LES?
    Manual activation, wait an hour or so until Anthony wakes up and takes care of you.

• yes on les. i also accidently tried to purchase when using a vpn (forgot to turn it off) and it said "fraud and cancelled" then i turned off my vps and purchased the service without a problem. can this be a problem? i also sent a ticket about this situation.

Vpn orders are not allowed and theefor marked as fraud.

It will be provisioned when Ant gets up and around.

Post in the LES forums if you have any questions.