Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for MySQL Expert to Help with Server Optimization
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for MySQL Expert to Help with Server Optimization

Hello,

I'm looking for experienced mysql expert who can help me to fine tune dedi server with Mysql (mariadb). It was many concurrent inserts/selects and I don't know how to optimize it myself.

Can you guys recommend me some individual or company, but I prefer individual as I hope to get lower price.

Many thanks!

Comments

• rmlhhdrmlhhd Member
    edited April 2014

Email [email protected] or add Servaman on Skype.

• mikimiki Member
    edited April 2014

@rmlhhd
    Is that your site? Or have you used them?
    Their site does't show me that they are experts for mysql…as they are also offering article writing service…just look like another indian company…

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

Try Percona consulting services

• @miki said:
    rmlhhd
    Is that your site? Or have you used them?
    Their site does't show me that they are experts for mysql…as they are also offering article writing service…just look like another indian company…

Yes this is my site and no it's not Indian. We don't publicly offer MySQL services on our site as not that many people are interested.

We are not experts so to speak but we certainly can optimise MariaDB. We have large clusters setup and they are working very well and fast!

• tomletomle Member, LIR

Try mysqltuner (or equivalent for MariaDB)

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Try mysqltuner first and fix the most obvious things before paying someone to look at your mysql.

I did write an article about mysqltuner, how to install it and run it. You get pretty far by running mysqltuner

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited April 2014

Yes, there are some general rules you can follow that help get the most out of your hardware. Usually it tends to be whether you have the best table structure and indexes for what you're achieving and also trying to best fit regularly accessed data into memory.

percona would be a great place to get assistance, but I imagine they charge a fair bit as they're very well known. Guess it depends on your budget.

• mikimiki Member

Yes, percona is expensive for me…maybe if I'm some bank or paypal I would hire them :)
    mysqltuner will not help much as I need general advices like what fields to set for indexes, or do I need index at all in my system, MyISAM vs InnoDB, maybe filed types can be changed for better performance, etc…
    So, all that can be analyzed only by human who has experience in mysql management.

I hope I would find some single person who is experienced...

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Giving suggestions for indexes requires knowledge on the sql statements you will be using. You need to sit down and analyse, make changes and then diagnose the effect. Will take some time to get it rolling.

I think I have a few links that you could check out.

• Hi.

I can help you with it. I have 7 years of experience with web technologies and server administer. Extensively use MySQL for over 3 years. I personally also use MariaDB for most of production websites, so it's a plus :) I am working hardly to optimize (web)infrastructure. I have a few hundred of servers under monitoring. Some of servers is for highloaded websites (more than 1 million views per day).

You should choose InnoDB (XtraDB) for most of tables. Indexes is a must if you have many selects.

And, as we are at LowEndTalk, the price is rather moderate.

Feel free to pm me if you want.

• mikimiki Member

@Profforg I have sent you PM.

@MikHo Can you please post those links here.

• If you still need help send me a pm. I will be able to help you once I am done with work for the day

• Contact PSM. They know what they are doing