Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alternative to cpanel and whm and whmcs FREE
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Alternative to cpanel and whm and whmcs FREE

Would like to know some alternatives to whmcs mostly as the only reason i would use whmcs is for the affiliate option, i have cpanel and whm on my servers free with my server packages, but i may buy a server without cpanel and try something else.

I asked in another post about affiliate software plugins add ons cms scripts etc, i was given some info but not anything that is simple so still not using a affiliate program due to pricing and the complexity of setting one up for free.

Please do not say cpanel and whmcs is cheap because it isn't and if you think it is cheap then you must have money to throw away, running a hosting business is about keeping costs minimal and providing a quality service not paying extra for something you can get free eg: boxbilling

What is your favorate billing system?
  1. whmcs13 votes
    1. boxbilling
      46.15%
    2. thehostingtool
      23.08%
    3. Other billing software
      30.77%

Comments

• TheHostingTool and Kloxo, but only if you can keep up to date with the security issues.

• Thanks, a few people have been mentioning thehostingtool when browsing google though is it better than boxbilling? And something i could not find - does the hosting tool provide a in built affiliate program option for your clients or anyone who wishes to promote a hosting site. Does any free billing software compatible with whm provide a affiliate system?

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

I sell shared/reseller hosting using whmcs/cpanel/whm for $3/year and so far managed to not only cover the costs every month and make a small profit.

I am currently investigating a UK location to expand.

I tried thehostingtool but had problems when manual activation was enabled. If I set it to automatic then it worked but not if I had to manually accept the order.

• interesting, boxbilling vs thehostingtool? i do uk reseller hosting by the way inbox me if you want to know more about that : )

• how do you measure cost? how much is your time worth? use a system you already know and already know the costs including time costs vs the unknown costs of "low cost" solutions.

I don't buy reseller accounts :)
    Thanks for the offer :)

• sz1hostingsz1hosting Member
    edited April 2014

@seaeagle i amusing cpanel and whm with boxbilling though just wondering if there is anything better, which there prob isn't i guess, TheHostingTool and Kloxo sounds good for free hosting. @MikHo oh ok you want a server then :)

• BabahBabah Member

have you tried shineisp.com?

@sz1hosting said:
    MikHo oh ok you want a server then :)

Yeah, currently negotiating :)

• oh : ) shineisp.com looks interesting is it still being maintained? As there site says
    Shine Software © 2013 wondering if they do affiliate options for clients can not find on there search, also is this software just for isp config?

• Better use a paid one with a good reputation than place yourself in a risky situation. Some people can judge your business from what you're using right now. If community only know about WHMCS, they can tell that your hosting business is "suspicious" because you're using a free platform for a (used to be) professional business.
    There are some WHMCS alternative with a cheaper price like blesta maybe...

• zPanel (not cPanel !) has a module fpr billing too - check it out !

• thanks for the info : ) boxbilling works very well i must say so i am looking to stick with it and will change to whmcs when it is applicable, i will post a thread asking for a review on zpanel ^_^