Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS Storage Plans - 150GB of space for $7 - Waiting List
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS Storage Plans - 150GB of space for $7 - Waiting List

subigosubigo Member
edited April 2012 in Offers

A few weeks ago there were some threads about backup plans and I really didn't see why there was so much interest in them... but decided to poll my clients and was pretty surprised by the amount of people wanting them. So much so, that I'm going to only offer storage plans for a while. If you're interested, I've started a waiting list and will notify you when a new node is launched. I filled up a node tonight in about two hours after emailing my clients and will probably fill up one more before I notify people on the public waiting list. So keep in mind that it might be 1-2 weeks before you get an email saying there are open spots. Anyway...

The cheapest plan is detailed below:

PLAN: BKUP-1
Disk Space - 150 GB
RAM - 256 MB
Bandwidth - 1000 GB
IP Addresses - One
Price: $7.00/month

Test IP: 204.152.38.84
Datacenter: Wholesale Internet and Datashack (Kansas City)
Support Type: Unmanaged
VPS Panel: BoxCtrl-VZ
Virtualization: OpenVZ

Storage plans may only be used for storing data, nothing else. More information is on http://zensix.com and the waiting list can be found here: http://zensix.com/waiting-list.php

Thanked by 1Asim

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Personally I don't think 'waiting lists' should be allowed. We've had them on the front page and every time it's bad news/deadpoolers.

If you aren't willing to put the cash up and take a chance on the idea not taking, then don't do it.

Francisco

Thanked by 1circus
  • BassHostBassHost Member
    edited April 2012

@Francisco I think this is more of ... when I get the new server up I will do targeted email marketing.

@BassHost said: @Francisco I think this is more of ... when I get the new server up I will do targeted email marketing.

Then why post it if you don't have it? It'd be like us posting threads month after month on LEB's homepage even though we have nada :)

I apologize to subigo if he thinks i'm trying to take a swing at him, I just have a real issue with the whole 'waiting list' and 'pre-order' stuff for hosting. There was someone doing $14/y's last year that did pre-orders till he had enough to actually pay for the box. Once he had the cash he placed the order. LEA almost delisted the post over it.

Francisco

• subigosubigo Member
    edited April 2012

@Francisco said: Personally I don't think 'waiting lists' should be allowed. We've had them on the front page and every time it's bad news/deadpoolers.

If you aren't willing to put the cash up and take a chance on the idea not taking, then don't do it.

I've been running waiting lists on my services for at least three years now and nobody has ever had an issue with it (http://www.wickedfire.com/677817-post31.html). I seriously doubt ZenSix is going to end up in the deadpool... we've been around longer than BuyVM and we're one of the original VPS providers to come out of Wholesale Internet. ;)

Waiting lists allow people who want to get a service access to that service without having to fight 500 other people for it all at once... and then watch sales servers crash and time out... and then bitch about it on LET for a week.

You might not do a waiting list, but you sure announce when you'll have stock ahead of time.

• Meh we do waiting lists on our products via ticket. Then again we get new stock every day or so thus it helps clients who wanted it first get it first and it saves us the time of going and finding new clients. Eventually we may stop doing that if we get more back orders than we have new hardware coming in.

I think we're going to do some pretty epic changes here soon.

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited April 2012

@Francisco said: Personally I don't think 'waiting lists' should be allowed. We've had them on the front page and every time it's bad news/deadpoolers.

Sounds like someone doesn't want anyone to take the spotlight away from BuyVM. I personally think the storage idea is fantastic, even Google is about to launch their line I read today to challenge DropBox. I believe they're giving away 5gigs free and it's going to be called "Google drive". Anyway one can never have enough redundancy, and 150gigs is a perfect amount. I'd encrypt stuff before uploading though. I lost a few gigs of source code a year or so ago, because power supply died which wrecked the hard drive. I had backups of the main stuff but was still saddening.

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

Waiting lists are ok if used in the right way. If I as client don't trust the provider then I should not use them. Here too often see "protection " rules for the clients, but the truth is that people love to follow "wrong " path in the hope to discover gold. Why if not one should reply back to a liberian guy willing to share 10 millions of dollars?

Thanked by 1Asim
  • lpnlpn Member

@Francisco said: If you aren't willing to put the cash up and take a chance on the idea not taking, then don't do it.

I agree with this, but it is hard to miss the irony that this is coming from someone whose company is out of stock almost all the time.

edited April 2012

@taipres said: Sounds like someone doesn't want anyone to take the spotlight away from BuyVM

You mean my storage plans that offer 2x as much for the same price, KVM based and include Windows? The ones where we sold 20TB in ~2 hours and the product wasn't even documented properly? The plans that we're not bothering to build more boxes for because we make 3x more per AMP on other deployments? Yeah, triple check before hand :)

@lpn said: I agree with this, but it is hard to miss the irony that this is coming from someone whose company is out of stock almost all the time.

We put up cash as well as do on new ideas :P Some day when we open an east coast spot we aren't going to only open it if i can get xyz in pre-sales.

We've seen pre-sales, etc, all go to hell on the homepage multiple times. My concern isn't with subigo's but rather the next person that will see the idea and try to pull the same move.

@BlueVM said: Meh we do waiting lists on our products via ticket.

• Do you take payment up front? Is there a time where a user would have to wait more than 3 days for a setup because you need to arrange hardware?

Francisco

• Nobody is taking any money upfront. But good job coming into this thread and derailing it before it even started. And your plans aren't "2x as much for the same price". Anyway... a waiting list is no different than having an "upcoming stock" post on the main page of LEB (http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/buyvm-upcoming-stocks-at-1pm-gmt-7-august-3).

I'm sure LET users can handle adding their name to a waiting list if they want. What's the worst that can happen? They get an email saying there are open spots... that's about it.

Thanked by 1Asim
  • taiprestaipres Member
    edited April 2012

@Francisco said: You mean my storage plans that offer 2x as much for the same price, KVM based and include Windows? The ones where we sold 20TB in ~2 hours and the product wasn't even documented properly? The plans that we're not bothering to build more boxes for because we make 3x more per AMP on other deployments? Yeah, triple check before hand :)

Sounds like a classic pyrrhic victory to me ;)

• waitlist != preorder

It's as simple as that. The first is A-OK --- all the waitlistee risks is a broken heart. The second IMO is highly problematic as @Francisco said. I don't think @subigo's involves any exchange of money unless availability is guaranteed, near-instantly.

Thanked by 1circus
  • flyfly Member

oh?

Thanked by 3Asim subigo jamson
  • AsimAsim Member

@subigo thanks for posting, im definitely going on your waiting list

• Just a heads up for those of you waiting... I'm just waiting for Datashack to see if a Gbit spot opens up sometime this week (even datacenters have waiting lists). It's looking like that probably won't happen though and they doubt they'll have more spots until late next month.

• @subigo I have a server at DS which is just idling on a gbit port. I don't plan on using it. PM me if you would be interested.

• @BassHost said: I have a server at DS which is just idling on a gbit port. I don't plan on using it. PM me if you would be interested.

Thanks, but I already have the server. I just have to wait for a cancellation. If nobody cancels, they'll just move me over next month.