Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS for Gameserver
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS for Gameserver

NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Hi,

Since my gameserver provider where i host a garrysmod server turned into shit (random laggs, not more usable) i decided i need a vps for that, because ovh has atm no cheap dedi in stock and i dont want a gameserver again for garrysmod.

So i am looking for that kind of vps:

• Budget 9Euros up to 15 Euros (hardlimit 20Euros per Month)
  • 1024 MB Memory
  • 20GB HDD dosent matter if HDD or SSD
  • 1 Core fully usable/dedicated (you can give me only 50% access or something like this but the gameserver should not lagg)
  • Location EU is a must

Anyone who could match this?

Comments

• W3HostW3Host Member
    edited March 2014

I could offer exactly this with DDoS protection, but in Canada. Sorry.

• pkr5770pkr5770 Member
    edited March 2014

https://pkrhosting.co.uk OVH location 2GB RAM, 1 dedicated CPU Core, 24/7 forced protection. 12euros monthly

• You could get one of those cheap OVH boxes for that budget - I think even Hetzner (serverbidding) has some 20 EUR boxes

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

The problem is CPU is to slow, Hetzner's also i would like to use my IntelAtom at OVH but its to slow for garrysmod. OVH has nothing powerfull enought in stock.

• We are primarily a game server provider, so we know exactly what you need. CPU is 1x dedicated E3 1245v2, 50GB HD space 200mbit connection 2048MB guaranteed ram

Wait, E3 has only 4 Cores + 4 HT, i dont thing that your only selling 4 VPS's on dat box.

• Haha. :D

• Sorry I should be more clear, 1 Thread. HL2 is single threaded anyway unless you are planning to run more than one game server then that shouldn't be an issue.

Ok, you allocate me on HT thread, so when Garry's Mod use up to 100% Yes its phys engine game, happens often. I use the HT Thread up to 100% So it could be a problem, as i know you can use basically only 8 Cores at 50%, correct me if am wrong but when use one HT Thread up to 100% i take down one core or not?

• StevenNStevenN Member, Host Rep

I can do this in NL:

Pricing - $4.95/month / $48/year
    2GB RAM
    40GB SSD Cached Storage
    1TB Bandwidth
    1Gbps Shared Port
    4vCPU Cores
    1 IPv4 (No IPv6 yet unfortunately)
    OpenVZ/SolusVM
    Amsterdam Netherlands

Node Specs:
    Dual E5-2620v2
    128GB RAM
    6x1TB HDD & 2x120GB SSD's RAID10 LSI 9266-8i / Cachecade

SingleHop DC Amsterdam NL - 107.6.170.210
    10MB Test File - http://ams01.vmbox.co/10megabytefile.tar.gz
    100MB Test File - http://ams01.vmbox.co/100megabytefile.tar.gz
    500MB Test File - http://ams01.vmbox.co/500megabytefile.tar.gz

Extras:
    1 Year GlobalSign Alpha WildCard SSL - FREE
    VPS WHM/cPanel License - $9.95
    Addional IPv4 - $2.00

Signup Link: https://my.vmbox.co/cart.php?a=add&pid=7

@VMBox i guess 100% on one CPU Core is ok for 5$? YAY i smell abuse mails.

• Well your pricing isn't really viable for me to offer 15euros for 2 threads to be honest, I would be willing to let you test it for yourself with 1 dedicated thread for a few days free of charge. You can decide for yourself if you are happy with the service.

• Try DO Amsterdam? Af it doesn't work well, you destroy the instance, not much money wasted.

• georgegeorge Member
    edited April 2014

Go with Ramnode you won't regret it.

Edit: I've heard good things about NFOservers as well. They offer one full, dedicated HT CPU core (Nehalem or better) for $10.99/mo.

http://www.nfoservers.com/order-virtual-dedicated-server.php

• catalystiumcatalystium Member
    edited April 2014

I've been using NFO as well for some years, the performance of their VPS's are excellent. John is a great guy and the support staff are helpful and very quick if you ever need anything.

• @catalystium said:
    I've been using NFO as well for some years, the performance of their VPS's are excellent. John is a great guy and the support staff are helpful and very quick if you ever need anything.

Do you have any idea whatever there are any promotions running at the moment?

• @george said:
    Do you have any idea whatever there are any promotions running at the moment?

They almost never run any promotions from what I've seen. Usually they give small upgrades to VPS's like recently they upped bandwidth by 50% for new and existing customers.

Although a little pricey, the dedicated servers are excellent as well.

• RaptaRapta Member

Try abusivecores.com

• georgegeorge Member
    edited April 2014

@catalystium said:
    Although a little pricey, the dedicated servers are excellent as well.

Ok, thanks.

Do you have any idea how does the free 2 day trial works? If for some reason you don't like the services they provide you with, you get a full refund?

• @george said:
    Do you have any idea how does the free 2 day trial works? If for some reason you don't like their services they offer, you get a full refund?

NFO actually offers a 1-day free trial on your first service with them iirc

• catalystiumcatalystium Member
    edited April 2014

@george said:
    Do you have any idea how does the free 2 day trial works? If for some reason you don't like the services they provide you with, you get a full refund?

Basically they give you two days free then they start billing you, if you don't like it just let them know and you can cancel your VPS. They use a custom in-house built control panel for re-installing/stopping/starting etc.

• georgegeorge Member
    edited April 2014

@Void_Whisperer said:
    NFO actually offers a 1-day free trial on your first service with them iirc

It's 2 days for new customers.

@catalystium said:
    Basically they give you two days free then start billing you, if you don't like it just let them know and you can cancel your VPS. They use a custom in-house built control panel for re-installing/stopping/starting etc.

I might give it a try, thanks.

• georgegeorge Member
    edited April 2014

Its performance is terribad.

• DH22DH22 Member

OVH Core2Duo (€ 16.00 excl. VAT) or OVH Core2Quad (€ 17.00 excl. VAT)?
    Are these not good enough or are you just hoping to get something a little cheaper? Maybe better to spend a little extra to have a dedicated if you are using a lot of CPU.

edited April 2014

@Rami i have one of these classic vps's it turned into shit a week later.

@DH22 thanks i just going to check the benchmark :)

@rds100 i tried DO, it depens on the Node sometimes when you deploy a vm it laggs like hell sometimes its ok but also not gurranted but thanks.

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited April 2014

@Infinity580

I can recommend http://getkvm.com/kvm-metered.html

KVM1024-M, it costs £12.80 (15.44 euros)

their vps are very fast and reliable.

I am still looking for an offer :)