Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[WARNING] vePortal - Security Issues - Act Now!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[WARNING] vePortal - Security Issues - Act Now!

jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider
edited March 2014 in General

If your business depends on vePortal then you are at an extremely high risk of being compromised due to a significant amount of un-patched security vulnerabilities within the product.

vePortal has known about the flaws for six months now and hasn't taken any real steps into getting them resolved. There are so many flaws in the product that we actually stopped doing any further testing because it was just pointless. Given the current state of BurstNET, the odds of vePortal being fixed sooner than later looks unlikely.

Worst of all, the attackers do not even need an account within vePortal to take over the master node! We're talking full admin / root access using a handful of different attack vectors in a matter of seconds to anyone with the slightest bit of knowledge. Hands down, one of the worst software we have ever looked over in terms of security.

Suggestion:

Switch to a VPS panel that knows what they are doing. A few suggestions that come to mind: HostGuard, SolusVM, ProxMox, Parallels... just anything! The big concern here is that if someone malicious goes after vePortal and publishes the details or silently exploits them, there will be no work arounds or quick fixes to protect you. Act now before it's too late.

Source: HostingSecList.com : http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1362136

Comments

• said: Switch to a VPS panel that knows what they are doing. A few suggestions that come to mind: SolusVM

That made me lol. :D

Thanked by 1perennate
  • I think the only player using vePortal is BurstNet but I heard the other day they are rolling out their own platform now.

• BabahBabah Member

@MarkTurner said:
    I think the only player using vePortal is BurstNet but I heard the other day they are rolling out their own platform now.

VD use VePortal too..