Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Universev: Another provider down the hole?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Universev: Another provider down the hole?

Comments

• They had burst RAM on their Xen plans. Seriously, that should've been a huge warning sign.

• Yes. First they switched to IPv6 only and now they're completely gone.

• You were with them too @WellGrounded? heh. It seems providers with one box offering <$15 year deals are way more likely just to disappear into the ether.

Maybe this one'll spring back but I believe it's been down for 3-4 days.

• GunterGunter Member
    edited March 2014

Maybe this one'll spring back

I'm fairly certain this one is a summer host that lasted through more seasons than expected.

Thanked by 1Pwner
  • I remember universev getting a hard time here and obviously it's a risk/reward thing for everyone in their decision to buy.

Quick search on here says " Universev have been banned from here 4 times. "

• Well, I'm not surprised. Looks like I was absolutely right regarding them.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Bunch of loonies, threatening to have people attacked and what-not. Good riddance.

• @Nekki said:
    Bunch of loonies, threatening to have people attacked and what-not. Good riddance.

Really? Please tell us more about this.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@switsys said:
    Really? Please tell us more about this.

0xdragon and I basically took apart the guy's first offer, and then he did this:

http://lowendtalk.com/profile/68739/0xdragon

• he must have got really busy with mafia duties and forgot to pay his server invoice.

• I was tempted by the price to test them once, but I didn't. No webpage, just a nulled whmcs, no details, no address, no nothing! So, I stayed away (surely I didn;t want to provide them with paypal or other details)

• @ricardo I'm pretty much with every provider on here, hah :)

• same for me, spreading websites across disparate places amongst other things. i'd expected from the start that these occasions will happen, but it's still a pain in the arse. the providers that disappear (and reappear) should get a donation of 10k pharma links to their new website to save people the hassle of finding their website in a google search.

• PwnerPwner Member

@0xdragon said:
    Well, I'm not surprised. Looks like I was absolutely right regarding them.

Sometimes though, wouldn't you rather want to be proven wrong?

It's the same thing when I administrate San Andreas Multiplayer admins. I demote the abusive ones and hope that they'll prove me wrong and show that they've earned the level they were previously set at. Sadly, they don't. They just go about whining like little kids and just make it worse for themselves. Occasionally however, I'll get that one bright bulb that realizes what he/she did was wrong and makes up for the mistakes.

I like being proven wrong if it shows improvement or perseverance.

• @Pwner said:
    I like being proven wrong if it shows improvement or perseverance.

As do I, but me and a few other members tried to explain to him about the fact we have rules and expectations here. It didn't work :(

Seriously, I've seen when I've been wrong about someone.

Thanked by 1Pwner
  • PwnerPwner Member
    edited March 2014

@0xdragon said:
    Seriously, I've seen when I've been wrong about someone.

It's a shame, and in the end the people who take the loss are the consumers.

1) They lost the money they invested in the host that just disappeared. (unless they can fight it on PayPal or their credit card company)

2) One less host in the market lowers the competition and minimizes the opportunity for cheaper deals.

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited March 2014

@Pwner said:
    2) One less host in the market lowers the competition and minimizes the opportunity for cheaper deals.

Exactly. I tried my best to explain, but that failed. So the only thing I could do was warn others about the scam.

• PwnerPwner Member

@0xdragon said:
    Exactly. I tried my best to explain, but that failed. So the only thing I could do was warn others about the scam.

How does the saying go again? An ounce of prevention is more effective than a pound of cure?

• @Pwner said:
    How does the saying go again? An ounce of prevention is more effective than a pound of cure?

Precisely.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Basically, open your eyes and ask around/read reviews.
    We have a saying here, who doesnt open their eyes, opens the purse.

• LESLES Member

They are reappeared!

• Still rubbish.