Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Windows VPS

I'd be interested in knowing what the cheapest windows vps prices are? Anybody have any idea.

Comments

• amo_xooamo_xoo Member
    edited March 2014

using winity.io licensed windows server 2012 datacenter+1GRAM+50GSSDCached+1TB BW @ $7/m

• @amo_xoo said:
    using winity.io licensed windows server 2012 datacenter+1GRAM+50GSSDCached+1TB BW @ $7/m

Cant find dat offer tho

• www.primahost.info

• amo_xoo said: using winity.io licensed windows server 2012 datacenter+1GRAM+50GSSDCached+1TB BW @ $7/m

Isn't the license more expensive though?

• amo_xooamo_xoo Member
    edited March 2014

@vlinares said:
    Isn't the license more expensive though?

don't know how they did that, but even without the $7/m promotion, the original price $12/m is also very good for a genuine copy, and they use Hyper-V but not KVM.

• OVH maybe? although it costs more https://www.ovh.co.uk/vps/vps-cloud.xml (also comes with free plesk)

• this promo code still working, nice!

• Alternatively, you can get a KVM and install windows 180 days trial. Several providers here offer 1GB KVM for $4/month.

• @DalComp said:
    Alternatively, you can get a KVM and install windows 180 days trial. Several providers here offer 1GB KVM for $4/month.

I highly doubt that's legal at all.

• @serverian said:

Frankly I'm not sure on that part. I always check with the provider if it's OK to install 180 days windows trial. And some providers here even promote it when someone is looking for windows VPS.

• NomadNomad Member

Vultr started offering Windows 2012 R2 x64 Cloud Servers.

• servarica_haniservarica_hani Member, Patron Provider

In servarica.com currently offer it for.10.50$ cad or usd

Using this code

09HFTL1IY4

and using this link

https://servarica.com/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=159

• sirmbhesirmbhe Member
    edited March 2014

@drServer are the cheapest i can find and use. only $2.7/month for 256MB of RAM, mini HVM plan. Here is the link, affiliate :

https://drserver.net/drbill/?affid=63

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

There is a big grey area if the trials are OK. I use it at home to test things from time to time, of course, in a vm, but I was never sure if that is allowed. Didnt see it forbidden anywhere, so I think it should be OK.

• Maounique said: Didnt see it forbidden anywhere

Trials are for what the name says, trials. Testing stuffs yes but I don't think you are allowed to use it for hosting commercial websites and stuffs with the similar nature.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

It is not forbidden to test it for hosting commercial or other type of sites, from what I saw, so, what is not forbidden, should be allowed. After all, a trial can only be completed in production, only then you will know if it works as planned or not.
    But that is a philosophic question, it is unlikely that microsoft targets this market, it is unlikely they will try to pursue people using trials, also trials are included in the DC editions, SPLA and all. I suppose they pursue the model of the first dose free and then you pay for the next, like they do in universities and other programs betting you wont be able to move out after you coded for windows or you got used to it.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Trial should be ok to test your setup, before going live into production you need to decide to buy a license or not.

Trial is not allowed in commercial production sites as its purpose is to see if it fits your needs or not.

• ngstargatengstargate Member
    edited March 2014

A Lamer comes to one Hacker and says - "I ​​wrote the program, but it does not work. Can you see where the error?"
    Hacker, without turning his head from the computer, responds: - "In DNA!"