Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows VPS 1GB Ram only $7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Windows VPS 1GB Ram only $7

Adam2030Adam2030 Member
edited April 2012 in Offers

Servers location:

• Falkenstein, Germany
  • USA Not available at this moment

Test IPv4 – 176.9.143.1

Windows VPS
40 HardDrive
1 GB Memory
1 VCore @ 3.40Ghz
1TB Transfer per month or Unmetered on 5Mbps handle about 1.5TB/month
$8.95/Month
https://my.tryvm.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=4

Recurring Discount Using lowendbox new price is $7/monthly

Operating System:
Windows server 2008 32-bit

Comments

• Dafuq is this?

Even isn't in offers ¬¬

• Seems to be hetzner which is located in falkenstein? 505KM away from berlin.

Yes , Hetzner

Thanks

• USA Not available at this moment

Awww :(

• @yomero Dafuq is this?

Even isn't in offers ¬¬

If don't like it just leave it

Thanks

• @Adam2030 said: If don't like it just leave it

Or follow the forum rules or leave?

• @Adam2030 said: If don't like it just leave it

This isn't WHT, there's a much better community here, you're somewhat expected to participate in it in a similar fashion as the rest of us.

Thanks

• will be available as soon as possible

• Adam2030Adam2030 Member
    edited April 2012

I do and not attack anyone here . what is the problem with if not like just not order? whatever i'm sorry if bad In the expression

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited April 2012

@Adam2030 said: If don't like it just leave it

So, you read just what you want right? For your convenience...

Read the previous posts

In other words read the F* rules

Thanked by 1netomx
  • quirkyquarkquirkyquark Member
    edited April 2012

Since I'm having a good morning, I'll translate nicely: Offers need to be labeled as Offers -- ie in the Offers "section" Thats the rule, you can't have them as regular posts.

• Thanks should be fixed now .there is something i missing it?

Thanks You Again

• Dude, you're website uses Flash.

A lot of users here run UNIX-based systems, Flash on UNIX is terrible and now your forcing us to waste precious CPU, RAM and battery power.

Thanked by 2djvdorp TheHackBox
  • quirkyquarkquirkyquark Member
    edited April 2012

There is no Windows Server 2008 32-bit -- Windows Server 2008 R2 is 64-bit only. The old WS2008 (which shares the Windows Vista kernel) was available in 32-bit. To be fair, I have used that as a workstation OS and it was stable, fast and had none of the Win Vista issues, IIRC. But it is obsolete now and I don't even know if MS is licensing new users at this point.

All the Windows VPS offers I have ever seen in the last few months are all R2, with 2003 sometimes available as an option.

• @Daniel: His post makes it pretty clear what it's all about, so you didn't HAVE to visit his site to find out that you're not the target demographic. That said, contemporary Flash is not more terrible or less on Unix than on say Windows, provided you are not one of the I-wont-use-binary-blob-video-drivers crowd.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@Adam2030 said: Yes , Hetzner

Thanks

If so then why don't you change the location to Falkenstein?

• @quirkyquark said: @Daniel: His post makes it pretty clear what it's all about, so you didn't HAVE to visit his site to find out that you're not the target demographic. That said, contemporary Flash is not more terrible or less on Unix than on say Windows, provided you are not one of the I-wont-use-binary-blob-video-drivers crowd.

No, but if I buy a VPS from a company, I would prefer to be able to go on their site on my phone or my computer without draining my battery or getting a memory leak.

• @quirkyquark There is no Windows Server 2008 32-bit -- Windows Server 2008 R2 is 64-bit only. The old WS2008 (which shares the Windows Vista kernel) was available in 32-bit. To be fair, I have used that as a workstation OS and it was stable, fast and had none of the Win Vista issues, IIRC. But it is obsolete now and I don't even know if MS is licensing new users at this point.

All the Windows VPS offers I have ever seen in the last few months are all R2, with 2003 sometimes available as an option.

The problem is we don't have R2 licensing and we don't need to use Illegal license. We have test Windows server2008 32bit and work as well.

• The location has been fixed . sorry for mistake

Thanks You.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • It will be fixed as soon as possible

Thanks You

• rchurchrchurch Member
    edited April 2012

@Adam2030 tryvm.com is a sister company of up2vps.com, isn't it? Your English is a dead giveway. Anyway if you are going to be enduring as up2vps has been I have no problems with that.

Your guerrilla tactics of pretending ignorance of LET rules are not new!! Every "newcomer" here seems to play that game. Not that I am bothered.

Thanked by 1yomero
  • @Adam2030 Are the Windows offers based on KVM or Xen-HVM?

• AkiraAkira Member
    edited April 2012

@Daniel said: Dude, you're website uses Flash. A lot of users here run UNIX-based systems, Flash on UNIX is terrible and now your forcing us to waste precious CPU, RAM and battery power.

Bro, I don't think his main audience is people who use UNIX and talk about it

A) like it's 1999
    B) like they are Eric S. Raymond

You know, as he's marketing Windows VPSs

BTW, looks like a nice deal, assuming Windows VPSs are mostly more expensive because of it using evil proprietary software

Also, not many deals with 1 GB RAM for 7 USD around, even with some Linux VPS providers.

Thanked by 1quirkyquark
  • rchurchrchurch Member
    edited April 2012

@Akira - Web service providers should know better than to use Flash on their pages.

1. Flash tends to be a malware medium. Note the Flashback trojan which is infecting Apple Macs. There is a reason why Steve Jobs banned Flash from the iPhone (keeping out competing Google ads via Youtube being another welcome consequence)

2. I have had cause to ask one provider to disable the Flash animation because it was using too much CPU. They realized it and graciously enough they removed it.

3. up2vps for instance have a scrolling flash on their page which goes back and forth and eats up CPU. I haven't had much cause to visit their home page that often, but if I needed I would ask them to disable it or replace it.

4. Have you ever tried remote support on a computer which has animations on the browser home page, (msn and yahoo - thats you) and have the process practically grind to a halt because all the bandwidth used is taken up delivering the animations? Or on one that the user happens to be on Youtube?
      And yes, they are delivered at domestic or business ADSL subscriber upload speeds.

I sometimes access LEB providers home pages via my VPSs - I don't want them.

Some advice here - if anyone browses from the remote VPS they had better use NoScript and AdBlock and only enable Javascript temporarily. Doing otherwise is asking for trouble.

• @rchurch
    Sorry, but you have not read it well.
    The flashback infection is a JAVA issue, not Flash.

• Adam2030Adam2030 Member
    edited April 2012

@rchurch said: tryvm.com is a sister company of up2vps.com, isn't it? Your English is a dead giveway. Anyway if you are going to be enduring as up2vps has been I have no problems with that.

Your guerrilla tactics of pretending ignorance of LET rules are not new!! Every "newcomer" here seems to play that game. Not that I am bothered.

why? for a price? I'm looking to Match Volumedrive, Let me provide more information . we are 4 people who have bstserv company located in PS. We work in Cameras Security,coding etc
    We just move in Qatar my friend is Tamer who is Designer and Coder man we will have our Own VPS control panel instead of SolusVM and will be for low price also we will have US location soon we Contact to datashack about colo but no respond so we will looking for antoher provider

@rchurch said: Web service providers should know better than to use Flash on their pages.

Flash tends to be a malware medium. Note the Flashback trojan which is infecting Apple Macs. There is a reason why Steve Jobs banned Flash from the iPhone (keeping out competing Google ads via Youtube being another welcome consequence)

I have had cause to ask one provider to disable the Flash animation because it was using too much CPU. They realized it and graciously enough they removed it.

up2vps for instance have a scrolling flash on their page which goes back and forth and eats up CPU. I haven't had much cause to visit their home page that often, but if I needed I would ask them to disable it or replace it.

Have you ever tried remote support on a computer which has animations on the browser home page, (msn and yahoo - thats you) and have the process practically grind to a halt because all the bandwidth used is taken up delivering the animations? Or on one that the user happens to be on Youtube?

And yes, they are delivered at domestic or business ADSL subscriber upload speeds.

I sometimes access LEB providers home pages via my VPSs - I don't want them.

Some advice here - if anyone browses from the remote VPS they had better use NoScript and AdBlock and only enable Javascript temporarily. Doing otherwise is asking for trouble.

We will replace it as soon as possible but it can be delay becuse Designer very busy and I Do not blame him.

• What virtualization do you use? Is it Xen HVM or KVM?

Thanked by 1Adam2030
  • @rchurch said: What virtualization do you use? Is it Xen HVM or KVM?

Xen HVM

• are all TryVM nodes Xen HVM or only the Windows ones?

• @rchurch said: are all TryVM nodes Xen HVM or only the Windows ones?

Xen HVM For Windows vps and OpenVZ for Linux if this your question.