Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Prometeus.net FTP reviews
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Prometeus.net FTP reviews

Hi,

Just ordered an ftp account with Prometeus as they seem to have a good reputation within the community and impressive annual pricing on their ftp accounts.

Does anyone have a ftp account with them and are they reliable for nightly backups etc?

Cheers

Comments

• seems expensive to me, compared to the costs of storage these days

• I could of got a vps however I would have the headache of securing it etc. I'd rather of just purchased from a provider I know will take security seriously and save myself the headache.

• FlorisFloris Member
    edited March 2014

@Gerrard8 said:
    I could of got a vps however I would have the headache of securing it etc. I'd rather of just purchased from a provider I know will take security seriously and save myself the headache.

In my (personal) experience, Prometeus is a reliable provider, with fast and good responses. If you're interested in them, you should go for them.

• Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited March 2014

@Gerrard8 said:
    Hi,

Just ordered an ftp account with Prometeus as they seem to have a good reputation within the community and impressive annual pricing on their ftp accounts.

Does anyone have a ftp account with them and are they reliable for nightly backups etc?

Cheers

Everyone is only going to say good words about their service because they really are that good, does not matter if its vps, ftp, cloud etc

• Is this FTP only or is SFTP possible?

• They're using DirectAdmin as control panel for Ftp. Sounds good ? No.

• Good luck finding anybody not happy with Prometeus service. DA or not, I have not used any service with the Prometeus brand (etc Iperweb, Prometeus, iwStack) that has been bad. And their support is excellent. I'm sure you can't go wrong with them.

• @myhken said:
    Good luck finding anybody not happy with Prometeus service. DA or not, I have not used any service with the Prometeus brand (etc Iperweb, Prometeus, iwStack) that has been bad. And their support is excellent. I'm sure you can't go wrong with them.

I didn't say that they do provide bad service only pointed that they're using DirectAdmin to manage FTP. I just thought that they could do that in a better way.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited March 2014

@alexvolk Why DA isn't good for ftp'ing? I haven't us it for some time, but I remember that it was a very stable and secure panel, much better that CP in performance, with an odd and old interface though... Have you ever had problems to ftp thru DA?

• @jvnadr said:
    alexvolk Why DA isn't good for ftp'ing? I haven't us it for some time, but I remember that it was a very stable and secure panel, much better that CP in performance, with an odd and old interface though... Have you ever had problems to ftp thru DA?

Well, it's a huge system like a tank to solve simple problem with FTP management that what I was trying to say.

• @alexvolk That is wright! But as long as it doesn't crap out recources, it can do the job!

• smile93smile93 Member
    edited March 2014

@Gerrard8 said:
    Hi,

Cheers

I have been their FTP backup (100GB) for almost a year now. So for, I don't experience any problem. I have another free ftp (10G) but I never use it.

I like the location as well, far from US. Good as offline backup.

Speed is excellent if dump from EU countries (>35MBps). Very Good from US (>12MBps), Good for asia (>5 MBps).

Only one ticket sent regarding this during initial setup - ask for extra feature. After that, it works always as it claimed. Another great service from uncle.

--- Just added ---

OpenITC does give free ftp backup (50% of your VPS space), they are great as well. Another offline backup away from US.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2014

trexos said: Is this FTP only or is SFTP possible?

SSH is enabled on request for old customers or people we know. As for DirectAdmin, that is there for show, we are resellers, have also shared hosting with DA, since most of the space is offered as free add-on for our customers we figured it could be good as a popularization of the panel.

EDIT: The packages are called FTP'n'WEB, they also offer static http(S) access to your files, so, it can be used as a place to put your ISO before loading it into iwstack, for example, if you do not have another webserver but also other usages. I mean, it is not only ftp because it has http too and can add ssh if needed.

• Cheers for all your responses :)