Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What happened to BurstNET? -- They got sued :( - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What happened to BurstNET? -- They got sued :(

2»

Comments

• @qps said:
    Burst.net is not suing VolumeDrive.

Other way around, according to VD.

• We are in Wilkes-Barre PA with direct peering (5ms) to NYC.

Thanked by 1Abydon
  • SpiritSpirit Member
    edited March 2014

BurstNET eviction threads merged.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • MunMun Member

Wait vd is suing burst as well. Damn

• Mun said: Wait vd is suing burst as well. Damn

They need the money to pay vendors they've stiffed!

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Latest reports seem to be that there is extreme packet loss in Dunmore, possibly Burst had some of their capacity suspended by their carriers and the network is now fully saturated?

• MunMun Member

@jbiloh said:
    Latest reports seem to be that there is extreme packet loss in Dunmore, possibly Burst had some of their capacity suspended by their carriers and the network is now fully saturated?

Or a large DDOS...

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@Mun said:
    Or a large DDOS...

Have they commented on the problem yet?

• LorneLorne Member

I have had a eggdrop there for a few years. Has been down for over 48 hours now, I tried to submit a ticket but their site is down as well.

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

As a long term (3 years+) customer of BurstNet I can say they have gone down hill over the past 1 - 2 years.

NC aside their LA location still remains rock solid (99.99% uptime over 6 months). Must have some big client there.

• It may also be everyone running backups. I know of many customers that are doing frantic backups so they can migrate to other servers