Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What happened to BurstNET? -- They got sued :(
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What happened to BurstNET? -- They got sued :(

Comments

• I love how "Industry Forums" = VPSBoard xD

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • 0xdragon said: I love how "Industry Forums" = VPSBoard xD

They should have quoted LEB. I think there was more talk about BurstNET here than on VPSBoard. Anyway, going back to the issue -- what's happening there at Burst?

• @mywisp said:

Have you seen the amount of people filing against BurstNet? It's a huge list, and I smell more lawsuits coming.

• 0xdragon said: and I smell more lawsuits coming.

that's the American way, am sure Americans have sued companies for getting FAT and stupid lawsuits like that. just an abusive of the legal system.

• 0xdragon said: I love how "Industry Forums" = VPSBoard xD

lol and they are forgetting their partner wht

• mywisp said: They should have quoted LEB. I think there was more talk about BurstNET here than on VPSBoard. Anyway, going back to the issue -- what's happening there at Burst?

You are likely not looking at the other forum. that article is even direct linking from vpsboard

• In an email message to the WHIR, BurstNET president and CEO JW Ray notes this court document was “misfiled” and not meant for BurstNET US but rather BurstNET INT., a separate London company sold in 2013.

• dnwkdnwk Member

So, how do they fall so quickly after VD drama and doing something they accuse other did

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

dnwk said: So, how do they fall so quickly after VD drama and doing something they accuse other did

As I said, 2014 is an interesting year. It will get better as it draws to a close.

• @dnwk said:
    So, how do they fall so quickly after VD drama and doing something they accuse other did

Many people think the overhead of the new building was killing them. Maby the new CEO decided its time to change things so he would get his money back.

• dnwkdnwk Member

@Maounique said:
    As I said, 2014 is an interesting year. It will get better as it draws to a close.

"It will get better"

So that does the "it" referring to?

• @TarZZ92 said:
    that's the American way, am sure Americans have sued companies for getting FAT and stupid lawsuits like that. just an abusive of the legal system.

America has two legal systems - Criminal law and Civil law. Civil law deals with disputes between two entities. In essence the Civil court is nothing other than a mediator between two parties. This ultimately allows for common ground and a method towards dispute resolution. You refer to the Civil law.

That said, given that the court system is for the people, and whose power is derived from those persons - why should persons not use the court when they feel wronged and want a fair resolution?

No matter how petty we feel a certain issue is the people should not deny the privileges and opinions of other.

• Silvenga said: want a fair resolution?

Fair or a quick buck?

• dnwkdnwk Member

@TarZZ92 said:

Actually, quick buck is for lawyers. The person actually bring the sue did not earn that much.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2014

Breaking more BurstNET news, there are some new updates. Looks like they were likely evicted from their Dunmore DC as new legal documents show.

In short, on 12/18/13 the manager of the facility who Burst rents from filed the formal complaint for non-payment and this 'sudden move' was so sudden for a reason... because they were likely being evicted. October 9th, 2013 was their first notice to evict. November 8th, another notice... Is there any honesty in this god-forsaken industry? I'm thinking not.

Figured I'd share the news here since it's relevant in the low-end too.

• marcmmarcm Member

I doubt that anyone feels sorry for them, the least of which are other DCs/service providers. I'm sure their customers can be absorbed by the competition in no time.

said: Is there any honesty in this god-forsaken industry?

Most solid operations have straight forward deals, no shady marketing and reasonable prices without promising the impossible. Yes, there are plenty of honest places where you can get a server from and not be afraid that it'll be gone tomorrow. And then again there are plenty of overpriced places that claim to be better than the competition, when in fact they're not. Do your homework before you lease/colo.

Thanked by 1Maximum_VPS
  • I feel bad for all the dedicated and cool customers. Relocating will be a pain....

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Ouch

So, I was right, this is not a sound tactical business move, it does have other reasons.

Thanked by 2Infinity Liam
  • It seems Burst won't be able to pull itself out from this one, or I might be wrong.

• @mywisp said:
    It seems Burst won't be able to pull itself out from this one, or I might be wrong.

In last 20+ years they have survived bigger **** than this

• SaikuSaiku Member, Host Rep

Is this why they were suing VolumeDrive? So they can get the money and pay their own bill?

I doubt there is any money left after you pay lawyers, even if you win. You must be a big corporation with big pockets to afford litigation, it is used as a weapon against competition, not really as an instrument to enforce contracts or get justice.

• cfgguycfgguy Member, Host Rep

BURSTNET finally bursted

Thanked by 1Jeffrey
  • qpsqps Member, Host Rep

Saiku said: Is this why they were suing VolumeDrive?

Burst.net is not suing VolumeDrive.

• Quite sad to see such a long lasting provider finally got themselves into trouble because their once "budget" service is no longer "budget" and their "premium" service are not quite "premium" either.

dnwk said: So that does the "it" referring to?

Getting better at the "interesting" part.

• Well it looks like this could be the permanent death of BurstNET once all the legal fees/money is collected. Either that or a 'reorganization'.

• volumedrivevolumedrive Member
    edited March 2014

Writing was on the wall a long time ago with BN. We are very happy in our new home and have been since our own migration. Wish everyone the best of luck thats involved and hopefully its as easy and painless as possible...

• @volumedrive said:
    Writing was on the wall a long time ago with BN. We are very happy in our new home and have been since our own migration. Wish everyone the best of luck thats involved and hopefully its as easy and painless as possible...

Random question but where is your new location? :) I gather it is near NY but I don't believe you mentioned the DC in the announcement.