Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Budget Dedi requirement >4GB RAM, Supports Virtualization, IPv6 is a must
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Budget Dedi requirement >4GB RAM, Supports Virtualization, IPv6 is a must

Hi,

I am in need for a budget dedi with the following specs minimum:

A decent CPU supporting virtualization
4GB RAM or more
1TB HDD; If RAID support, better
100Mbps unmetered or 1Gbps with atleast 5TB
4 or 5 usable IPv4
IPv6; native will be better

It will be used for creating a maximum of 3 KVM VPS, one for testing, another for a hobby project that send mails and one for Backup.

Let me know the lowest pricing that can be offered for the spec. Payment will be through PayPal either monthly or quarterly.

Comments

• BruceBruce Member

buy 3 KVM VPS instead of a dedi ?

• @TarZZ92 At online.net IPV6 is very problematic. So i don't recommend them if IPV6 is a must...

Thanked by 1bizzard
  • bizzardbizzard Member
    edited March 2014

Looks good. IPv4 costs a bit high though. So, totaling to around 55USD. Do you have any experience with them?

Bruce said: buy 3 KVM VPS instead of a dedi ?

I am trying to enhance my knowledge too by getting hands on with a dedi. :-)

• @bizzard I do not recommend them if use of Ipv6 is a must. Anyway its a very good provider. Im using them.

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited March 2014

bizzard said: Looks good. IPv4 costs a bith high though. So, totaling to around 55USD. Do you have any experience with them?

u get 5 extra IP's free with the server (well atleast i did 2 weeks ago) they call them failover ips, you have options of virtual mac etc, IPV6 Works fine.

Connection is great. ive had over 900Mbps

i could even sort you out a test file if you wanted to try the speeds

• pbalazs123 said: @bizzard I do not recommend them if use of Ipv6 is a must. Anyway its a very good provider. Im using them.

Thanks for the warning. IPv6 is somewhat must. Otherwise I might need to tunnel it and that adds to the overhead.

• @TarZZ92 Where did you read that you get 5 IP for free????? You've get 1 for free and you can buy a maximum of 5 IP at basic service level for 1.99EUR/IP.

• TarZZ92 said: u get 5 extra IP's free with the server (well atleast i did 2 weeks ago) they call them failover ips, you have options of virtual mac etc, IPV6 Works fine

When I looked at their site, it says only 1 IP and Additional IP addresses at €1.99 / month / address.
    If they have 5 IPv4, gives me more than 10$ savings, which will be great.

• bizzard said: When I looked at their site, it says only 1 IP and Additional IP addresses at €1.99 / month / address. If they have 5 IPv4, gives me more than 10$ savings, which will be great.

Strange isnt it. but if you signup now itll only set you back maybe 10 euro since they charge pro-rota

• @bizzard Yes thats the truth. You've get only 1IP with the server by default.

• TarZZ92 said: Strange isnt it. but if you signup now itll only set you back maybe 10 euro since they charge pro-rota

I have some time to decide. Let me look at my options. And since online.net is in Europe, expecting much better offers in US.

• pbalazs123 said: @bizzard Yes thats the truth. You've get only 1IP with the server by default.

have you signed up with them? or you just spouting what you see?

@bizzard you get failover IP's with the server.

• TarZZ92 said: @bizzard you get failover IP's with the server.

I need to clarify that. The website doesn't give the impression of 5 IPv4 for the base cost. And as mentioned above, I have few days time before making a final decision.

• @TarZZ92 Yes i have signed up with them. And i'm using exactly the same server. And yes i've got only 1IP and for the failover IPs i have to pay 1.99EUR/month. I know the rules there i'm an old customer so please don't mislead OP please.

Thanked by 1bizzard
  • @bizzard Don't believe what @TarZZ92 said. It's bullshit. You have to pay for the failover IP.

• pbalazs123 said: @TarZZ92 Yes i have signed up with them. And i'm using exactly the same server. And yes i've got only 1IP and for the failover IPs i have to pay 1.99EUR/month. I know the rules there i'm an old customer so please don't mislead OP please.

Thanks for the clarification. How is the overall performance and support?

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited March 2014

@bizzard here is the proof and i am not misleading anyone. i got 5 free ips as u can see in the screenshot.

http://i.imgur.com/pGLnA08.png

• TarZZ92 said: @bizzard here is the proof and i am not misleading anyone. i got 5 free ips as u can see in the screenshot.

http://i.imgur.com/pGLnA08.png

If that's the case, I will try contacting their support.

Do you guys have any other suggestions?

• bizzard said: Do you guys have any other suggestions?

OVH and thats about it for cheapest in EU, well maybe 1and1?

• @bizzard Well performance is 5 star. For the network and for the server aswell. Customer support is 4 stars. Speed of answer always depends on how much work they have. I didn't had so much problems with them but when i had problem with something it has been resolved in a few hours. So i think it's a good choice. I have six of these servers and two bigger ones with them. :)

• GaNiGaNi Member
    edited March 2014

@bizzard

Which carrier is giving you IPv6?

• TarZZ92 said: OVH and thats about it for cheapest in EU, well maybe 1and1?

Europe is fine, but US is more preferred, expecting better connectivity as most of the VPS's I need to back up are located in the US.

pbalazs123 said: I have six of these servers and two bigger ones with them. :)

Thanks for sharing your experience. 8 Dedi's from a single provider seems like they are pretty good.

• @TarZZ92 Would you please show your invoice or your services list in your account. Because this is not clarify that you've got it for free. You CANNOT have that free. If you add an extra IP to your server they will automatically withdraw the price for it from your PayPal account, because you have to make a subscription with them.

• pbalazs123 said: If you add an extra IP to your server they will automatically withdraw the price for it from your PayPal account,

they where already there :) in the failover section. and sure. give me 10 mins.

• GaNi said: Which carrier is giving you IPv6?

I don't have an IPv6 connectivity, but I need to backup few IPv6 only VPS.

• @TarZZ92 Click on your username at right top >> My account >> Services. Do you have fee for failover IPs?

• said: A decent CPU supporting virtualization 4GB RAM or more 1TB HDD; If RAID support, better 100Mbps unmetered or 1Gbps with atleast 5TB 4 or 5 usable IPv4 IPv6; native will be better

https://robot.your-server.de/order/market

• pbalazs123 said: @TarZZ92 Click on your username at right top >> My account >> Services. Do you have fee for failover IPs?

it would appear you are correct in this case, however it seems silly them hiding this and not explaining things properly. even still its really cheap for what you actually get. for the same or similiar price OVH would give you only 100Mbps am able to get 900Mbps+ on speed tests. and it comes with IDRAC