Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$0.004/min Dedicated Servers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

$0.004/min Dedicated Servers

PetaByetPetaByet Member
edited March 2014 in Providers

Just thought that I'd share this instant server offers by Incero, you can get real dedicated servers, billed by the minute, all you need is just a mere $7 deposit.

Also includes an API for server creation.

Perfect for cheap and fast encoding :).

Pricing:

1 : E3, 32GB RAM, 120GB SSD ($0.004/min) ($7 for 1.2 days)

2 : E3, 32GB RAM, 2TB HDD ($0.004/min) ($7 for 1.2 days)

3 : E3, 32GB RAM, 480GB SSD ($0.005/min) ($7 for 23 hours)

4 : Dual E5, 384GB RAM, 960GB SSD ($0.03/min) ($7 for 3-4 hours)

I must say this is really cool and I'm going to try it out soon.

http://incero.com/instant

Comments

• iSkyiSky Member

Wow, now dedicated billled like cellphone call

Thanked by 1lifehome
  • @iSky said:

Haha absolutely, and it's even cheaper than phone calls :)

• edited March 2014

@PetaByet said:

Cheap is relative. That comes out to over $210 dollars per month ;)

• Old news ?? I saw that about 1 month ago in their website . @ryanarp can confirm though when incero launched that exactly.Good share anyway,many will find it a good deal whom needs temporary dedicated server access

• GIANT_CRABGIANT_CRAB Member
    edited March 2014

Internap have this similar kind of billing (hourly billing) for their dedicated servers as well.

But its more expensive :/

http://www.internap.com/agile/

• @ftpit said:
    Old news ?? I saw that about 1 month ago in their website . ryanarp can confirm though when incero launched that exactly.Good share anyway,many will find it a good deal whom needs temporary dedicated server access

I know, but they had min. $50 deposits a while ago.

• PetaByet said: I know, but they had min. $50 deposits a while ago.

dunno but i saw 7 usd for about a month

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

I genuinely think that's insane of incero, I thought they were trying to lose the 'low end' payments.

• AlexanderM: Not exactly low-end. It's $270/month

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@Void_Whisperer said:
    AlexanderM: Not exactly low-end. It's $270/month

Yeah, but hourly payments of dedicated servers? An script kiddies could but one, plus $7 deposits is low end.

• wychwych Member

@AlexanderM said:
    Yeah, but hourly payments of dedicated servers? An script kiddies could but one, plus $7 deposits is low end.

Stop giving them ideas! ;)

• www.newservers.com has been doing this since around 2010. One of the first to market this, if I recall. I remember when I found a critical bug in their system and managed to make $250 credit from it.

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

ftpit said: @ryanarp can confirm though when incero launched that exactly

Honestly I can't remember when we officially launched it. According to Facebook though it was January 24th. (Facebook Reference) Time flies when your having fun building servers. :)

• retryretry Member

Its a trap.

• I tried Incero instant few weeks ago. Here is my experience: Paid $7. got confirmation email. Logged in and launched a test instance - did some very basic yum install and stuff - just to see if it is as advertised. It worked great. terminated the instance few minutes later. I didnt run any benchmarks. Several hours later, got email from support saying my payment was declined - and got asked for larger check payment (in return would get double credit). They also had immediately closed my account. I asked for assurance that my type of bandwidth heavy activity would not be later considered against some random TOU and my account not be closed - I just didn't want to be out of my prepaid amount. Long story short, I was told by support that Incero Instant program was likely going to be shut down very soon. They tried to upsell their monthly offering to me. BTW - there was nothing wrong with my payment - the $7 payment was charged the minute I signed up. Now I am back and forth with support to just get that back. In summary my experience: Technically - ok I believe.. but billing/support/long term prospectus - really iffy. Hopefully mine is an isolated poor experience.

• SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member
    edited March 2014

@adfriend. Stripe flagged your payment, also your street verification failed (this is unusual for legitimate orders). Sorry you decided to leave, but we see massive fraud on this service, so if you're not willing to verify your account and there are red flags then we have to get rid of you. We can't risk a $25 chargeback for a $7 transaction. I've confirmed just now that your refund has been sent, allow 2-3 days for it to show up.

We will of course continually work to improve fraud detection measures, etc. However most people who have been flagged typically have either been fraud or have been willing to overnight a check at our expense to verify the account.

At $7 there is very little human time that we can invest on these orders. If you're looking to scale larger and willing to take the 20-30 mins to verify the account, or just flat out not fail fraud checks in the first place, then I think we offer a very awesome service! I think you can probably understand that we're focused on automation with this product, you can probably also imagine the amount of stolen credit cards we see on this service on a daily basis (it's shockingly high)!

We will work tirelessly to implement better fraud checks, to avoid losing good customers like yourself!

Kind Regards,
    Gordon

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member

@Zen said:
    I hope you're reporting these, if not then I would recommend to do so, just to help out and at least make a positive from a negative.

Stripe should really offer a "refund and report suspected fraud" option, if they did I would have it built into our billing system! Great idea!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • how many ips provided ?

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

@iSky said:

True, though I doubt they'll let you buy just 1 minute or 15 minutes. It looks like there is a $7 minimum from the instant registration page.

• iSkyiSky Member

Prepaid plan #LoL

• maoyipengmaoyipeng Member
    edited August 2015

incero instant is dead

====== Please reply above this line ======

www.wable.com has replaced instant.

--
    Gordon
    Incero Level 1 Technician

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

@maoyipeng said:
    incero instant is dead

====== Please reply above this line ======

www.wable.com has replaced instant.

--
    Gordon
    Incero Level 1 Technician

Old news, incero instant has been dead for quite awhile.

• Necroposting again :P

• @PetaByet said:

Are you sure? In my country, you can call unlimitedly for $1/month.

• So, this service is dead or not? Do you know alternatives?

• @windytime90 Interesting, which country and how to get one of those sim cards?

• dead ,probably