Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Tutorial] Prevent SQL Injection! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Tutorial] Prevent SQL Injection!

2»

Comments

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2012

@vedran said: By "for real" I meant doing it as your primary occupation, 8+ hours per day 5 days per week and living from it. Sorry, didn't want to insult your work in any way, your VPS Comparision Table looks quite good actually!

Let's see. I develop things from the moment I get up until the moment I sleep (with some server management mixed in now and then). Seven days a week. I run a site that has hit Alexa 10k (http://traffic.alexa.com/graph?&w=400&h=220&o=f&c=1&y=t&b=ffffff&n=666666&r=2y&u=anonnews.org&;), has been considered the main source for news on Anonymous by mainstream media for quite a while, has been attacked practically daily for months on end, yet has never been breached. I was part of setting up the .ch version of Encyclopedia Dramatica (which floats anywhere between Alexa 5k and 30k), and have been actively involved in many smaller projects, not always public. I set up a social network about 2,5 years ago that delivered a noticeable dent to one of the largest Dutch social networks. My security track record (regarding things I have developed myself) is perfectly clean, not a single spot. I live off the donations I receive from my projects together. Does that about satisfy your requirements?

I think we can close the topic of my personal occupation now, especially considering my personal situation has zero to do with the points I addressed, and return to the original subject of the thread.

EDIT: I find it sad I even have to say the above to get someone to seriously consider what I say. Listen to the message, not to the person broadcasting it.

EDIT2: Additionally, I find it rather offensive for someone to judge me based on their perception of what I spend my time on, especially if they haven't done their homework in that area.

• One thing I think not mentioned in here is that you should always use quotes like this

$posts = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM posts WHERE id='" . $post . "'");
    or better yet
    $posts = mysql_query(sprintf("SELECT * FROM posts WHERE id='%s'", $post);

Hope this helps.