Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for cheapest Wildcard SSL - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for cheapest Wildcard SSL

Comments

• we can provide you one for free! this is a part of our free beta program.

https://www.verticalswitch.com/i-want-free-hosting

no strings attached, no credit card needed :-)

The certs are from SingleHop. You can simply point a subdomain to a free shared account you set up with us and we will get you the cert.

• @verticalswitch said:
    we can provide you one for free! this is a part of our free beta program.

The certs are from SingleHop. You can simply point a subdomain to a free shared account you set up with us and we will get you the cert.

Wait.. Free domains?

• Yea not a joke. We need people to use our platform. We have given out about 100 so far.

• @verticalswitch said:
    Yea not a joke. We need people to use our platform. We have given out about 100 so far.

Oh my god, you're not lying... I got a free domain and free hosting... woah.

• edanedan Member

@verticalswitch said:

Seems blocking registration from Indonesia :) try to signup but doesn't work.

• @edan said:
    Seems blocking registration from Indonesia :) try to signup but doesn't work.

Indonesia and Vietnam are both known as ridiculously high fraud/chargeback countries (ie: high risk) in the hosting industry. We've seen 100% chargeback/fraud rate from these two countries ourselves, and do not accept them (unless pre-validated with a signed request, etc.)

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • edanedan Member

I am not blocked actually, just mistaken one form but since still on beta so they don't give any error messages :)

@GoodHosting said:
    Indonesia and Vietnam are both known as ridiculously high fraud/chargeback countries (ie: high risk) in the hosting industry. We've seen 100% chargeback/fraud rate from these two countries ourselves, and do not accept them (unless pre-validated with a signed request, etc.)

Yes I realize that :)

• For the purposes for this promotion no countries were blocked. It was a sign up error on our side. We have resolved the issue for @edan

Thanks for signing up.

• @GoodHosting said:

Wow 100% chargebacks? That is costly. For those who dont know you not only lose the money in the amount of the sale but also the chargeback fee (normally $10 -$25) per sale.

I have worked with other hosting companies and set them up to force certain countries to go through PayPal or Skrill. Then countries with cleaner traffic to go through a domestic gateway with better rates.

• DylanDylan Member
    edited March 2014

@verticalswitch said:
    For the purposes for this promotion no countries were blocked. It was a sign up error on our side. We have resolved the issue for edan

Thanks for signing up.

How do you get past checkout? ("No payment gateways available so order cannot proceed")

• Holy cow. I just, what just happened. Free domain and hosting. O.O So wait, how don't you guys get bombed with spam registrations? Thanks btw :) @verticalswitch

• edanedan Member

@verticalswitch said:
    For the purposes for this promotion no countries were blocked. It was a sign up error on our side. We have resolved the issue for edan

Thanks for signing up.

And thanks for the free hosting etc., what a surprise :)

• @Dylan said:
    How do you get past checkout? ("No payment gateways available so order cannot proceed")

That is a bug in the order process. You will still be able to proceed despite that error.

• Any need for domain order? I have more than enough domains :p

• I tried to register and screw up with the fields. The form reloaded (but no error message) and when I completed the registration I had no way to get the domain for free.

I registred again with another email and it worked. Is there a way to delete my first account ?

• @verticalswitch said:

I have signed up both Windows and Linux services to test your account. Pointing two domains to your services now.

So far so good.

welcome mail for windows received
    welcome mail for linux not sending out, but I manage to get the login from main panel

I put free annual but the billing changed back to free monthly, then in control panel, show

$20 per month - windows plus
    $5 per month - linux

no direct link or info to order the ssl cert.

Thanks

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu
  • smile93 said: I put free annual but the billing changed back to free monthly, then in control panel, show

$20 per month - windows plus $5 per month - linux

no direct link or info to order the ssl cert.

Thanks for the feedback!

We need to create a form for the SSL orders. For now you are welcome to email our support.

We will also be adjusting (lowering) prices soon. I will start a new thread looking for feedback on that. You will not be charged for the signup for anything for 2 years as advertised. After that the prices will defiantly be lower or it is likely we will just continue the free accounts.

said: FirstVM_com

Sorry for the thread Hijacking

• marcmmarcm Member

read this:

William said: Yea... i would avoid them - Sending a bunch of Israelis copies of your ID card and Passport can end like this

Even Jews don't trust Israelis much, that should show something.

Thanked by 1Asim
  • Signed up for Windows Plus, but the control panel is not accessible.

http://windows1.verticalswitch.com:9001/default.aspx

• @seikan said:
    Signed up for Windows Plus, but the control panel is not accessible.

http://windows1.verticalswitch.com:9001/default.aspx

I think they are using

https://windowscp.verticalswitch.com/default.aspx now

I can access using the above url.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited March 2014

marcm said: Even Jews don't trust Israelis much, that should show something.

I want to note this is meant as an insult to the government of Israel only, not to the people (well, not all of them)

William said: Yea... i would avoid them - Sending a bunch of Israelis copies of your ID card and Passport can end like this

As some asked to clarify that: Formerly Mossad asked to use passports of dual citizens for operations, then they did not anymore (what a wonder, most declined i hope) and now they just confiscate whatever passports they need from any source available (like companies storing copies of customers, entry copies from Israeli ports and airports would be easier but are internationally better protected)

• BayuBayu Member

verticalswitch said: We need to create a form for the SSL orders. For now you are welcome to email our support.

So far so good and fast support, even though for free order. Thank you.

• JakJak Member

i got a free wildcard from http://vmbox.co/ just purchase a vps and send a ticket to support asking for wildcard you can cancel the vps after

• verticalswitch said: You can simply point a subdomain to a free shared account you set up with us and we will get you the cert.

Set up a free shared account. What to do next?

• @verticalswitch said:
    I have worked with other hosting companies and set them up to force certain countries to go through PayPal or Skrill. Then countries with cleaner traffic to go through a domestic gateway with better rates.

Yup, so we have to deny Vietnam completely now (as almost all "hacking" or break in attempts, and all abuse/chargebacks have been localized to customers who registered from Vietnamese IP addresses (95%+). The other 5% is a mix of China, Indonesia, and Malaysia (but we have so many registrations from these three countries that it's just a given there would be a high fraud rate with a high signup rate.

We do however put extra screening measures in place for these three countries, and have a MaxMind screen rate set to 2% to deny anyone with even a typographical mistake in their address fields at this point (we're done paying Chargeback fees.) It's more than easy enough to revise your profile, and order again (as we don't ban people with fraudulent orders, we often message/email them after and explain what went wrong if it was just a typographical mistake or some other small issue.)

• @verticalswitch said:

I still can't find a way how I can put my ssl cert into your windows hosting.

I can do it without any problem with linux hosting.

So far, all the testing is pleasant, include your support.

Before ordering your ssl cert, make sure your domain has email alias with admin@ they will use this email to verify the domain ownership.

• GoodHosting said: Yup, so we have to deny Vietnam completely now (as almost all "hacking" or break in attempts, and all abuse/chargebacks have been localized to customers who registered from Vietnamese IP addresses (95%+). The other 5% is a mix of China, Indonesia, and Malaysia (but we have so many registrations from these three countries that it's just a given there would be a high fraud rate with a high signup rate.

Well, as a Vietnamese I feel very unhappy to hear that. Actually, a few of hosting providers ban orders from Vietnam like Host1Plus, or recently my order at Armorshark (@RichardLeik) got pending. Though some hackers from VN made bad reputation, there are still a lot of good customers there especially if you know its very high connected country (you'll get free wi-fi almost everywhere you go to like hotels/coffee shops and Starbucks limited wi-fi is a joke here). On the other hand, high profile customers from VN always use CC issued by ANZ, HSBC, CitiBank Vietnam (or some other trustful VN banks) and that'll be a sign for your verification better than MaxMind IP blind check.

• udkudk Member

Account deleted without warning or notification, thanks @verticalswitch

• @udk said:
    Account deleted without warning or notification, thanks verticalswitch

I just pm'ed you regarding the account.

Our registrations where shut down for a bit but, they are back up now.