Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap Reliable Dedicated Server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap Reliable Dedicated Server

Can someone please list cheapest possible dedicated server to run Server 2012 or Server 2008 smoothly… to host 10 Asp.net websites

Ram @ least 2GB,
Processor: Doesn't matter,
Windows: Licence not required (I have my own),
Uptime: must be high,
Location: UK preferred as i am from asia but USA or other location is ok also

Thank you.

Comments

• Wouldn't you prefer USA for Asia? UK should be further away.

• @concerto49 said:
    Wouldn't you prefer USA for Asia? UK should be further away.

I tested before all VPS from Netherland was have great ping i do not know because of fast nod or location… But, USA will be ok too...

• Tajbyte said: I tested before all VPS from Netherland was have great ping i do not know because of fast nod or location… But, USA will be ok too...

Los Angeles is likely better if you want lowest latency to Asia.

• It also depends which part of Asia he is from. For instance most of Turkey is in Asia but for them the ping to Europe will be much lower than the ping to USA.

• VPSSLIMVPSSLIM Patron Provider, Veteran

You said you've tested out VPSses. Are you looking for a dedicated server or is a windows VPS also an option?

• Tajbyte said: I tested before all VPS from Netherland was have great ping i do not know because of fast nod or location… But, USA will be ok too...

What about Germany?

• Right now my objective is to search for a reliable dedicated server… location is just a plus point…

• concerto49concerto49 Member
    edited March 2014

Tajbyte said: Right now my objective is to search for a reliable dedicated server… location is just a plus point…

We have the following in Dallas:

2xL5520
    24GB RAM
    /64 IPv4
    /29 IPv6
    1TB HDD
    10TB @ 100mbit
    $49/month
    https://getdedi.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=14

• 24GB is too much what will be the price if ram drop down to 4gb or 8gb and hdd drop down to 120gb or 100gb

• Tajbyte said: 24GB is too much what will be the price if ram drop down to 4gb or 8gb and hdd drop down to 120gb or 100gb

It's the lowest we can go on any server. You do want it to function and be reliable? :)

• Are you looking for a dedicated server only, why not VPS?

• @ngstargate said:
    Are you looking for a dedicated server only, why not VPS?

VPS provider limit you on CPU usage and restrict you on OS reinstall… and so and so…

I found one wholesaleinternet for $24 with 2gb ram and 500gb hdd i think it is a best offer...

• Tajbyte said: wholesaleinternet

I thought you wanted reliable?

• Tajbyte said: I found one wholesaleinternet for $24 with 2gb ram and 500gb hdd i think it is a best offer.

Without Windows.

If you want you can see our offers https://www.primahost.info/
    and we don't "restrict you on OS reinstall… and so and so…"

• 764664764664 Member
    edited March 2014

@Tajbyte said:
    I found one wholesaleinternet for $24 with 2gb ram and 500gb hdd i think it is a best offer...

limit you on CPU usage

Do you know that $24 deal comes with a Pentium cpu which is released like ten year ago?
    E3 works far better even throttled.

OS reinstall

In fact, that's the advantage of vps.

• Might want to check subnet size.

• introducial said: Might want to check subnet size.

What's the issue?

• @Tajbyte - By end of today you'll see an offer from Delimiter offering a $20 dedicated server with 16GB RAM

• concerto49 said: /64 IPv4

/29 IPv6

Is that right? @concerto49

• introducial said: Is that right? @concerto49

It shows as /29 IPv4 and /64 IPv6 here. Where do you exactly see this?

• @concerto49 said:
    It shows as /29 IPv4 and /64 IPv6 here. Where do you exactly see this?

Here: http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/1171/g9bm.png

• @MarkTurner said:
    Tajbyte - By end of today you'll see an offer from Delimiter offering a $20 dedicated server with 16GB RAM

Sweet. Check your PMs btw.

• tomletomle Member, LIR

@MarkTurner: Sweet, keep one for me if end of today your time is Zzzzz my time ;)

• BruceBruce Member

@MarkTurner said:
    Tajbyte - By end of today you'll see an offer from Delimiter offering a $20 dedicated server with 16GB RAM

here, or do we have to check WHT ?

would be nice to see an offer with /28 included. $29 for server then $30 extra for /28 isn't great if you want to chop it up into VPS.

E3 with /28 would be a nice offer ;)

• @Bruce - We don't discount IPs. Irrespective of the deal they are always $1/IP/month

• MarkTurnerMarkTurner Member
    edited March 2014

@Bruce - Delimiter don't have many E3's left after last Friday's offers, they have these variants instantly available (based on stock from this morning):

E3-1230 v3 / 1TB / 16GB

E3-1230 v3 / 2 x 1TB / 16GB

E3-1230 v3 / 256GB SSD / 16GB

We'll replenish them with more 1TB (x1/x2), 2TB (x1/x2) and 128GB/256GB SSD units on Wednesday.

• BruceBruce Member

@MarkTurner said:
    last Friday's offers

what offers? did I miss them?

• BruceBruce Member

@MarkTurner said:
    By end of today you'll see an offer from Delimiter offering a $20 dedicated server with 16GB RAM

sorry for confusing things with more than 1 question per post.

will you post offers here, or do we have to check on WHT ?

• Usually if I see them on WHT, I copy them here. None of the last offers were < $49 so were not suitable for here.

I will PM you when I see the posting.

• BruceBruce Member

@MarkTurner said:
    I will PM you

thanks

This discussion has been closed.