Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DeployFalcon :: From Serverian Kickstarter - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DeployFalcon :: From Serverian Kickstarter

Comments

• @shunny - you do know people can use a vpn then do a search for a random name and address right and use that - i mean its only $10 but when you have the same dude with 20 or more accounts - you will lose in the end.
    Its your business im just giving advice, i seriously recommend sms or voice verification.

• i mean i know your just starting but there are people who abuse the heck out of freebie stuff especially the ones just starting.
  • @Stevie - Gotcha. Coincidently I am in process of adding sms verification. And all orders are will processed manually for now so I hope that does the job of filtering most abusers. :) Any more advice? This is good stuff.

• Or ID verfication etc.

• @Stevie - the billing is monthly. And yes you get full root access.

@dnwk - I don't want to sound like an ass but please read the posts above I already answered that question.

• @IceCream - Alright, I'm going to add some more filters for me when people are actually making orders to catch the abusers.

• Good job @shunny.

Your success proved that there should be new @serverian kickstarters in near future!

Thanked by 2SpeedBus lukesUbuntu
  • @serverian

Sorry for the late launching. I tried my best to launch in February but things weren't working out. But now I am almost there. I truly appreciate your support :)

• Hey All,
    Just an update.
    For the past few weeks I have been bombarded with school work, full time job interviews, working on DeployFalcon and I am very very tired. My school is on spring break now and I cannot take things anymore so I need to cool down a bit. So over the weekend I am taking a short vacation to NYC. Which means that I am going to push the launch by two days. So I will launch on the 26th instead.
    Yes, I do apologize for the late notice and pushing the thing again. But I'm humanely just tired. I hope you all understand. All the development is done so no I aint gonna push it anymore because of the reason I am stuck on the technology.

• iSkyiSky Member

the starter pack isn't avaiable yet ?

• BruceBruce Member

do I understand this right? falcon is similar to turnkeylinux.org except it includes the VM

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2014

Signed up. :D

"Update profile" button however leads to nothing.

• Hey Guys,
    Im back from my new york city vacation and I will be going on another vacation today (trying to use the best of my last spring break). :)
    But that does not mean I will not be releasing deployfalcon before I leave.
    The launch will proceed however I have only allowed sign ups to a very few people to test the system and see how things go.
    Yes I tested the system however I want to make sure things are flowing as it should be.
    Public sign up will be available later on in the week or next week.

Thanks,

• Glad to see that you are going to launch enjoy your vacation.Meanwhile we will enjoy testing your server.

• VPNVPN Member

@shunny said:
    Hey Guys,
    Im back from my new york city vacation and I will be going on another vacation today (trying to use the best of my last spring break). :)
    But that does not mean I will not be releasing deployfalcon before I leave.
    The launch will proceed however I have only allowed sign ups to a very few people to test the system and see how things go.
    Yes I tested the system however I want to make sure things are flowing as it should be.
    Public sign up will be available later on in the week or next week.

Thanks,

So even though your countdown says 40 minutes from now, I have to wait until next week to test it?

Also, don't you think you should be devoting all your spare time to this? Considering you're almost 3 months behind the initial intended release date.

• Your blog is having "502 Bad Gateway"

• @OkieDoke - No next week is for you to fully use it not only test it.
    For now I have a few people in my pool(not on this forum) to test it.

It is almost two months behind the actual release date. I said I was going to release it on Feb 1st.

I have devoted a lot of time to this thing and I continue to will. But let me just finish enjoying my few days of break cause I really need it. It's not like I said I give up.

• hashwaltzhashwaltz Member
    edited April 2014

@iSky said:
    the starter pack isn't avaiable yet ?

Announcements from DeployFalcon:

1) We are happy to announce that at 1PM Eastern Time today (4/17/2014) public stock will be released and you will be able to sign up for our services. A private testing pool was taken place to test the infrastructure and I am confident that everything is working smoothly. So head on over to the client portal and take a look at what we have! 

2) Due to several issues with the custom platform I have decided to use a third party VM Control Panel as a temporary replacement until I am able to fix the issues. No, DeployFalcon will not be another plain VPS provider but as this is a start and expect better things to come.

• My DeployFalcon VM is up and running. So far so good. I know you are still working on the custom panel but I like the 3rd party you are using, I think it's by Softaculous. Congrats to you @shunny and best of luck!

• @hashwaltz - thanks for posting the announcement.

@badpatrick - Thanks, yes its by Softaculous.

• i just sign up with Deploy Falcon. I did not read that the $10 credit was last month, lol. i thought it will end next Wednesday. When i sign up, maxmind filter also acting crazy, stating that i am high risk (usual stuff for Indonesian, :D ). So, i opened a ticket and @shunny was so helpful. Taking care of my registration, and gave me $10 credit. He should not have to, but he did. Response was quick and friendly. Recommended provider, from my initial experience :)

• I have $10 credit and it's still asking me to pay $4 via PayPal :(

• @0xdragon said:
    I have $10 credit and it's still asking me to pay $4 via PayPal :(

Same

• I've nothing. ^^

• 5n1p5n1p Member

I don't think that is so wrong, to use free credit pay some first, and other way to test service is to create starter VM witch is free.

• @5n1p said:
    I don't think that is so wrong, to use free credit pay some first, and other way to test service is to create starter VM witch is free.

I can't seem to be able to.

• @0xdragon said:
    I have $10 credit and it's still asking me to pay $4 via PayPal :(

choose pay with credit option, i believe there are that option on the invoice page. i just did that, this morning.

• 5n1p5n1p Member
    edited April 2014

0xdragon said: I can't seem to be able to.

hm maybe try to contact support then, for me it worked with no problems. Haven't had time to test it yet only installed centos on it(since in reinstall option there was only cent 5 and 6 option, how this goes on 128 mb will see about that) but installation was successful.

P.S. Now that I think there could be some limit with IP's and free VM's he can give away. While I do think free is good some times it's just not going to work, especially with IP giveaway. Maybe he should make this IPv6 only and NAT IPv4 like LES.

• Hello Guys,
    This billing system is being a little whonky so to use your credit click on your invoice and then select pay by credit if you have any like @sirmbhe said.

The free plans are very limited and are for a select market I wanted to reach. If I detect any abuse then it is subject to immediate termination. So anyone on the free plans please be respectful of the TOS and resource and your neighbors then you can keep it forever.

Thanked by 1badpatrick
  • @shunny said:

The free plans are very limited and are for a select market I wanted to reach. If I detect any abuse then it is subject to immediate termination. So anyone on the free plans please be respectful of the TOS and resource and your neighbors then you can keep it forever.

Could I please have one? :)

• If possible I would like to test one Starter package too :)