Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for secure, ddos protected colo in EU
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for secure, ddos protected colo in EU

GiulioGiulio Member
edited March 2014 in Requests

I, i'm looking for an EU provider where i need to colo my 1U server. Since the server is for a money related appliance i would need at least some security standars, and if possible ddos protection.
Budget is 95 eur or less.
Thanks

Comments

• Justin_GJustin_G Member
    edited March 2014

Nvm

• You can try OVH.

OVH: € 99 ht (118.8 ttc)/mo

• I don't like ovh too much due to bad paste experience.

• @Giulio said:
    I don't like ovh too much due to bad paste experience.

OVH has became a lot better recently.

• @Giulio said:
    I don't like ovh too much due to bad paste experience.

They are not as bad as they were in the past.Also with that budget OVH is pretty much the only choice you have if you need reliable DDOS protected Colo!

• www.online.net does colo but they don't do less than 11U for €300, if you find a reseller that can give you 1U for less than OVH's price, then you're better off with that as Online's mitigation is way better than OVH's

• Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited March 2014

@chauffer said:
    www.online.net does colo but they don't do less than 11U for €300, if you find a reseller that can give you 1U for less than OVH's price, then you're better off with that as Online's mitigation is way better than OVH's

Got anything to back your claim up with? Having experienced both I would say OVH's DDOS protection is 10x better than that of Online.net as Online got very limited protection of a few Gbps whereas OVH has 480+ Gbps protection & actually mitigate the attack rather than nullrouting your IP.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited March 2014

No chance with protection outside of OVH for this price - It's not realistic.

• @K2Bytes yes, as a matter of fact, I got 10Gbps on online.net without a single packet lost, while OVH fell down with much less; however, they recently changed their policies, 8 hours after the attack now they sort-of nullroute, allowing only 22/80 from within France, that goes away if you buy their preventive DDoS protection (€20 for colo, €20+€20 for dedis)

• @chauffer said:
    K2Bytes yes, as a matter of fact, I got 10Gbps on online.net without a single packet lost, while OVH fell down with much less; however, they recently changed their policies, 8 hours after the attack now they sort-of nullroute, allowing only 22/80 from within France, that goes away if you buy their preventive DDoS protection (€20 for colo, €20+€20 for dedis)

If you recieve large attacks, you should go for OVH with a pro version anyways, their main brand offers their DDoS Pro version for free.

• 20 for mitigating a ddos seems very acceptale, anywai i can't find a sale page for only 1 u.
    Once i saw an host who was offering 500gbps ddos protection an colo for less than 80 but i can't rememver the name. Seems still strange that there aren't alternatives to ovh.

• FlorisFloris Member
    edited March 2014

@Giulio said:
    20 for mitigating a ddos seems very acceptale, anywai i can't find a sale page for only 1 u.
    Once i saw an host who was offering 500gbps ddos protection an colo for less than 80 but i can't rememver the name. Seems still strange that there aren't alternatives to ovh.

Was probably an OVH reseller, you can get this @france:

total 46U rack+ 10Gbps unlimited bandwith= 4 064 USD

~$88 per server

Free IP Blocks, up to any number you want.

• Thats Voxility and they are not to be recommended in any way.

• GiulioGiulio Member
    edited March 2014

Does Voxility sell ddos protection to other host companies? If yes, which ones?

• @william why's that? I'm using a hosteasy vps with the 500gbit ddos protection from voxility for one of my production vps.

• I nay rather use a service lika CloudFlare, but i don't want to give my cert.private keys to anyone, and also their plan that support EV is way too expensive.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Yes, multiple sources say their DDoS protection works. I was once there and saw graphs with perma attacks of some 200 gbps with lows of at least 100. Probably William doesn't like them due to L3 routing or the high fees for BGP.

• Maounique said: Probably William doesn't like them due to L3 routing or the high fees for BGP.

No, due to their and some of their higher staffs history which is extremely questionable.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I know them since 2003-2004 or so when were selling fixed voice packages. Been highly disappointed because i insisted the faxes must work before signing the contract and they didnt, at least in many directions internationally. However, they didnt use their lawyers to force us to pay for the duration of the contract, when I proved a few directions were not working (especially sweden and many in Italy) they agreed to cancel all invoices, so, it was not that bad in the end.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited March 2014

Maounique said: know them since 2003-2004 or so when were selling fixed voice packages

Yea... lets just say... not just that. You have my mail/skype/jabber if you want to know more :p

• So how can I colo with Voxility? or does anyone know a reseller of them?

• cfgguycfgguy Member, Host Rep

Giulio said: So how can I colo with Voxility? or does anyone know a reseller of them?

If you still looking then let me know.
    I am there reseller

• You could also use Incapsula if you have the budget, and then colo somewhere else.