Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SSH connection problem in vmware !
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SSH connection problem in vmware !

Hi,

i install Cent OS 6.4 minimal version in vmware and i issue IP using bridge. IP is 192.168.1.5. now i can SSH into 192.168.1.5 using putty in host PC. but after a few seconds the putty is disconnect and i can't type anything in putty terminal. this is only for vmware. i try reinstalling few times and no good result. i google and find some configuration changes but not working. please if you can help me to resolve this issue.

Thank You !

Comments

• Sounds like an IP conflict issue. Two hosts might be fighting over who owns the IP. Check to make sure or even change the IP. You can get down and dirty and force the IP to a specific mac addr too.

• @MassNodes : 192.168.1.0 is my network 255.255.255.0 subnet. 192.168.1.1 is my gateway address and my host PC in 192.168.1.2, cent os vm ownes 192.168.1.5 IP.

it's connecting SSH without any issue. after few seconds it's get disconnected automatically. :/

• You need to try to change the IP first. If your still having the same issue you might wanna look at the vmware server's NIC.

• @MassNodes : i try changing IP. but the same result. :/

• If you changed the IP and your stilling getting the same issue, I'd check the nodes NIC then. Something is up with the server the VM runs on. There is no reason for the networking to drop unless it's related to the computer your accessing it from.

• @MassNodes : i try with this command in windows host PC CMD.

ping 192.168.1.5 -t

after 5 min it's not get any time out or packet loss. i think the issue is on openssh-server. do you have any clue ?

• Ping statistics for 192.168.1.5: Packets: Sent = 277, Received = 277, Lost = 0 (0% loss), Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds: Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 6ms, Average = 0ms Control-C

here is ping result. no packet drops. :o

• Does it disconnect before or after you are able to log in?

• hmm might be an issue with ssh

• @Microlinux : nope. i have time to login & make few commands. :/