Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need VPS with 6+ GB of ram - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need VPS with 6+ GB of ram

2»

Comments

• edited February 2014

@Tomaat said:
    And i do hear alot of servers get ddos'ed so that is a good reason to avoid minecraft servers

Hi there,i am a minecraft hosting provider.We offer nice and easy to use control panel to manage your minecraft server. Would you perhaps be interested in minecraft server directly, instead of a VPS?

If yes PM me to provide you a coupon,which would bring you price down to 3 $ per GB of ram.

Regards

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

OVerZold is out of stock. We do have tons of minecraft servers there, though. Also, there is no limit for the advertised resources, unless you lock cores. The 4 cores provided for a 6 GB vm at 6.5 GBP should be enough for your needs. However, the stock problem remains :(
    Also XenPower is mostly out of stock today, but the prices are good (www.xenpower.com)

• @Maounique said:
    OVerZold is out of stock. We do have tons of minecraft servers there, though. Also, there is no limit for the advertised resources, unless you lock cores. The 4 cores provided for a 6 GB vm at 6.5 GBP should be enough for your needs. However, the stock problem remains :(
    Also XenPower is mostly out of stock today, but the prices are good (www.xenpower.com)

XenPower doesn´t meet the OP´s requirements, max 4GB ram...

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

We did a few combined when there was plenty of stock, but i agree it will not meet the price requirements then.

• @Tomaat - what about a dedicated with Dual X5150, 500GB disk, 16GB RAM.If you break it up into two VPS and find a friend to take the other half then you're paying somewhere between $8/moth and $15/month depending on which way you pay.

$16.66/month (payable annually at $200/year - $20/month, months 11 & 12 free and double bandwidth to 10TB) - Coupon X5150TWOMONTHSFREE

$20/month (payable quarterly at $60/quarter) - Coupon SERVERFEB2014

$30/month (payable month-to-month) - Coupon SERVERFEB2014

Order Here

• ReeceReece Member
    edited February 2014

@MarkTurner said:
    Tomaat - what about a dedicated with Dual X5150, 500GB disk, 16GB RAM.If you break it up into two VPS and find a friend to take the other half then you're paying somewhere between $8/moth and $15/month depending on which way you pay.

Imagine the performance trying to play Minecraft on that.. Not a good idea! =)

• @Reece - its actually not too bad. At least its 100% of the resources are yours.

• @MarkTurner said:
    Reece - its actually not too bad. At least its 100% of the resources are yours.

True however 1 disk wouldn't do the job that well unless you go the route of SSD's your going to be killing that single disk.
    And was you asking if our resources are 100%? They certainly are, but we dont allow minecraft. Probably will when we run some SSD nodes ;-)

• @Reece He probably meant that the x5150 resources will be theirs to use 100%.

• Waveride doesnt reply to my questions about installing the MineOS iso.. and if i install it manually, (no errors) and i want to start it, it says its started, then when i stop it it says it isnt started
    and it doesnt work.. :S @itgods

• AFAIK Waveride is OpenVZ, how do you install an ISO on OpenVZ?

• @rds100 said:
    AFAIK Waveride is OpenVZ, how do you install an ISO on OpenVZ?

Waveride doesn't recommend running minecraft on their nodes either:
    "Minecraft is allowed, but you won't be pleased with the performance. The nodes run on E5 CPUs (which have a lower clockspeed than i7). Think twice before running it."

And their WHMCS ticket system is only for emergency's... I guess you can better wait untill OVerZold comes back into stock...

• How much SSD space and Cores? Budget?
    We hosting lot's of minecraft servers on our main location now. It looks like they love the CloudVM system.

• DylanDylan Member
    edited February 2014

Floris said: he nodes run on E5 CPUs (which have a lower clockspeed than i7). Think twice before running it."

And their WHMCS ticket system is only for emergency's... I guess you can better wait untill OVerZold comes back into stock...

OVerZold runs on E5s too -- though in my experience 4 E5 cores is not only plenty but even overkill for a smaller Minecraft server.

• @fileMEDIA said:
    How much SSD space and Cores? Budget?
    We hosting lot's of minecraft servers on our main location now. It looks like they love the CloudVM system.

SSD or HDD (Doesnt really matter for me) atleast 30gb, Cores atleast 2

4, 6, or 8GB ram

Budget : 10 dollars a month