Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need VPS with 6+ GB of ram
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need VPS with 6+ GB of ram

Hello everyone,
I am in search for a VPS with 6GB ram, or more.
I already know Waveride.at and VPSDime.
I am looking for an price like VPSDime.

Does anyone know a good VPS i can get?

Regards, Tomaat

Comments

• vpsdime is reputable provider,,network and performance are good enough
    why don't you buy from them?

Thanked by 1Tomaat
  • I want to run my MineCraft server on it (i dont have alot of spare money..) and they dont allow it, only when you buy a 18gb+ plan

• @Tomaat said:
    Hello everyone,
    I am in search for a VPS with 6GB ram, or more.
    I already know Waveride.at and VPSDime.
    I am looking for an price like VPSDime.

Does anyone know a good VPS i can get?

Regards, Tomaat

Why did you not choose http://waveride.at/ ?

Thanked by 1Tomaat
  • Because i dont know if there are any better hosts out there, and the prices are excl. vat (only for eu? so i could bypass it? :3)

• Yeah it's only for EU

Thanked by 1Tomaat
  • @Tomaat said:
    Because i dont know if there are any better hosts out there, and the prices are excl. vat (only for eu? so i could bypass it? :3)

VAT 'should' only be charged to EU clients.

Thanked by 1Tomaat
  • TomaatTomaat Member
    edited February 2014

Okay, Thanks. I will go for waveride then :)
    Saw some good reviews and looks good :D

does anyone know if they will install MineOS for me? (its CRUX?)

• @Zen if I am not wrong I came to see some offer

• ^Thanks

• Else you can go with overZold ( @Maounique ) or @Iniz any offer??

Thanked by 1Tomaat
  • PatrickPatrick Member
    edited February 2014

@MikeIn said:
    Else you can go with overZold ( Maounique ) or Iniz any offer??

We do not allow Minecraft either unfortunately. This will more than likely change soon in locations where we have control over automatic null routes on DDoS :) But for now it is not allowed.

• @INIZ said:
    We do not allow Minecraft either unfortunately. This will more than likely change soon in locations where we have control over automatic null routes on DDoS :) But for now it is not allowed.

May i ask why some VPS providers do not allow MineCraft servers?

• @Tomaat said:

DDoS mainly, others could be users loading it with dozens of plugins causing high CPU/IO.

Thanked by 1Tomaat
  • @INIZ said:
    DDoS mainly, others could be users loading it with dozens of plugins causing high CPU/IO.

Ah i understand (and yeah i have about 50 plugins now, and more incoming,lol) but the CPU usage is mainly 15% and about 900MB ram usage :)

And i do hear alot of servers get ddos'ed so that is a good reason to avoid minecraft servers

• @Tomaat said:

Also Minecraft will make use of your RAM allocation 24/7. A lot of providers offering these deals base their pricing and business model on the fact that most customers will not use their RAM allocation.

Thanked by 1Tomaat
  • How much are you looking to spend per month on the VPS?

• ReeceReece Member
    edited February 2014

@Virtovo said:
    Also Minecraft will make use of your RAM allocation 24/7. A lot of providers offering these deals base their pricing and business model on the fact that most customers will not use their RAM allocation.

They shouldn't be here offering services if they don't allow it, at least get hardware that can back your resources/low prices :-)

Minecraft is a tricky one, we've not actually seen many people killing the RAM usage it is more so the Disk I/O and CPU that gets hammered which is why we've put a stop to it for now.

@Tomaat, what is your budget monthly?

• My monthly budget would be about 10 dollars per month (i know, it isnt much) for 6GB

• BradBrad Member
    edited February 2014

TacticalVPS @Ian_ has some 6GB offers in LA ;)
    Not sure if you can run Minecraft though.

• @Tomaat said:
    My monthly budget would be about 10 dollars per month (i know, it isnt much) for 6GB

Your Budget is a bit less, and MineCraft it is an eating of resources CPU and RAM, hope you will find someone to host you with it.

add $10 $15 more to your budget and you can get a dedi with 4-6GB RAM.

• @Tomaat said:
    My monthly budget would be about 10 dollars per month (i know, it isnt much) for 6GB

I've had way too many issues with running a Minecraft servers on anything other than XEN and KVM (sounds like you are going for OpenVZ). Take a look at more optimised versions of Minecraft, e.g. Spigot (Or with Forge, MCPC+) and see if you can get the memory down to 2GB.

If you can get it down to 2GB than a KVM is in your budget. I guarantee a better experience than any OpenVZ. And take a look at Fliphost's SSD KVM @ 2GB.

• @Tomaat said:

Yep, your budget is too low mate. Alternatively you can buy a VPS with less ram for that price...

Good luck!

• @Silvenga said:
    If you can get it down to 2GB than a KVM is in your budget. I guarantee a better experience than any OpenVZ. And take a look at Fliphost's SSD KVM @ 2GB.

It works out for me at OverZold, openVZ, I run a spigot server there and it's doing just fine.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • TomaatTomaat Member
    edited February 2014

@Silvenga said:

Already use Spigot :) My ram usage is steady 1GB, i never had any trouble with an OpenVZ machine

• BradBrad Member
    edited February 2014

If you don't plan on using all 6GB of RAM, we have a 3GB deal (check my sig). You can max out your 1 dedicated core all you want without worrying about getting suspended.

• what's your budget

• Tomaat said: Because i dont know if there are any better hosts out there

No, you won't find better prices.

• I think you should go with vpsdime they really are great pay the extra cost and then use the vps for something else that is useful to you. maybe you need to monior something or replicate a database or something there is something you can do with the extra resources.

• I'm pretty sure you can run Minecraft on VPSDime as long as you run it in a RAMDisk.

You can probably PM @Serverian if you want to check to see if he changed his mind.