Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

As a customer, would you purchase from a provider that doesn't offer Paypal balance payments?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

As a customer, would you purchase from a provider that doesn't offer Paypal balance payments?

The alternative would be credit card and bank payment processing through a gateway such as Braintree, Dwolla, or Stripe.

Is Paypal a must?
  1. As a customer, would you purchase from a provider that doesn't offer Paypal balance payments?39 votes
    1. Yes
      66.67%
    2. No
      33.33%
  2. If yes, which would you prefer?39 votes
    1. Credit card
      87.18%
    2. Direct payment from bank (Dwolla)
      12.82%

Comments

• Customers like paypal because they can trust paypal with having to trust the hosting company. But i understand that paypal google payments or what ever these services are mostly on the cusotmers side not the venders. The issue with me is dont like giving out my card numbers that much.

• I agree with what @wojons said in addition to the fact that paypal is significantly easier to do.

• Most of the time I try to stay away from any use of PayPal. They are crooks

Thanked by 2RichardLeik marcm
  • The poll title is confusing, please note that the question is asking if you would buy a service from a provider without Paypal payment option.

• RichardLeik said: The poll title is confusing, please note that the question is asking if you would buy a service from a provider without Paypal payment option.

People are answering based on even if they had no choice what they would do.

princeshoko said: Most of the time I try to stay away from any use of PayPal. They are crooks

I can understand this but i mean but its not just paypal.I would trust someone that uses amazon payments or what ever the google one is. the fact that there is a repituable company on the other end of the payments. When PCI compancy comes in you wanna make sure they are able to pay there fees if they infract. If some small CC processer cant afforid they get shut down and provider moves to another one but if amazon messes up the hammer god is comming down on them just like how it is on target for there fuck up

• I would use my card if it is processed by third party (2CO, G2S, etc.), and not stored by the hosting provider. Otherwise, stick to PayPal.

• halczyhalczy Member
    edited February 2014

As a customer, I avoid using Paypal whenever there is an alternative option. I think they are getting overly secure that it is somewhat annoying to use. Feel like I need to fill out a background check just to pay $20 dollars. I understand there are tons of fraudsters scamming people using PayPal. All those fraud alerts I get on legit orders are just annoying.

Amazon payment is a lot smoother. Recently paid with Bitcoin via Bitpay for a BlueVM VPS. The process is pretty slick.

Thanked by 1RichardLeik
  • @RichardLeik I prefer to pay via Skrill or credit card via PayPal that doesn't need to login or forced to create an account.

Thanked by 1RichardLeik
  • wojons said: The issue with me is dont like giving out my card numbers that much.

this ^

• I'm not fond of Paypal due to personal experiences with them, but it's the most convenient for me and I feel that it's safer than giving my credit card info out.

• @halczy said:
    I think they are getting overly secure that it is somewhat annoying to use. Feel like I need to fill out a background check just to pay $20 dollars.

Click "Pay with PayPal".

Sign in with email and password.

Click pay now.

Job done.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • I prefer paypal as its additional layer of protection, same goed for amazon, skrill, google etc.. its good that the providers doesnt have direct access to your money.

I dont really care about paypal balance as i havent used it in 7-8 years. Its directly connected to my bank account. As creditcard arent used very much over here. And i hate to pay extra just because its a creditcard...

And google hasnt got the option overhere to use your bank account as a direct means of funds i dont use it.

• I won't since i simply don't own a credit card, PayPal is easy and also offers security for the customer.

• halczyhalczy Member
    edited February 2014

@OkieDoke said:
    Click "Pay with PayPal"., Sign in with email and password., Click pay now. Job done.

I wish.

Click "Pay with PayPal"
    "You haven't log in from this computer/location before, need to verify" (Which i did)
    Send verification code via SMS to phone
    Never get the verification code (I use AT&T)
    Call customer support (Takes about 15 minutes)
    Get transfer to account security team, answer a bunch of questions
    Get verified to login
    Actually pay with Paypal
    In about half a day, get a call from Paypal about potential fraudulent order. Had to ask them to not to cancel my order

Repeat for the next order. There's about 50% chance I will be ask to re-verify my account.

I get that they are trying to stay safe, but it is kind of overdone. I have 3 out of 5 Paypal transaction that trigger the fraud alert last year. Including VPS from HVH, a dedicated server and a video game I ordered from eBay. I have never trigger a fraud alert with Amazon Payment or direct credit card transaction.

• @halczy said:

Oh wow. I don't envy that at all.
    I will consider myself lucky then :)

• hiphiphip0hiphiphip0 Member
    edited February 2014

If provider doesn't offer Paypal balance payments, does that mean customer could only pay by CC?

If so I could not pay to them because don't have CC.

That's maybe the reason I left some of the provider, simplercloud for example, maybe INIZ next.And it stops me buying cheap dedicated server, online.net for example.

• Paypal does not let you pay via paypal balance if the buyer and seller are from different countries.Actually i prefer paying via paypal linked to my credit card as i am not a fan of entering my credit card information into provider and or other unfamous payment gateways.

• I know that PayPal, Google Wallet, Amazon Payments, etc. will keep my billing info safe. They are all audited and have level 3 SSL certificates. I can also use these companies as a middleman if any dispute occurs. There are so many companies who I would not buy from if they did not have some secure payment gateway - this boils down to trust.

Simply, if the provider only allows credit card or direct bank transfers, then they have lost my business.