Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Asking VPS companies to adopt Paygol SMS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Asking VPS companies to adopt Paygol SMS

luis123456luis123456 Member
edited September 2011 in General

What I said, I feel it is the way of the future!
Sign below if you feel that SMS payments is the way of the future! It may even bump your paid client base.

It maybe a hassle, but I just signed up in seconds, and have a new PayGol A/c! But, to pay for VPS, you don't even need one account! You send in some SMS, service paid! Couldn't be more easier to pay for hosting.

There is a WHMCS module for it, uptimevps has it.

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Are you willing to pay 2x the listed price to get a plan with it?

Paygol's fee's are harsh!

Francisco

• luis123456luis123456 Member
    edited September 2011

Sometimes, yes. Better than having all the hassle of a credit card.

Edit: 2x if total price is $7. Meaning, you bill us $3,50ish. UptimeVPS bills me 3 euro quarterly.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

I can't find their fees anywhere which makes me say definitely not.

Something interesting in their TOS:
    15. The payout is made when your account has accumulated at least 50 EUR. Please note that the actual transfer to you will depend on country and method you have selected. In case your payment is transfered before the three months, a minimal fee will be applied.

• justinbjustinb Member
    edited September 2011

luis123456 said: Edit: 2x if total price is $7. Meaning, you bill us $3,50ish. UptimeVPS bills me 3 euro quarterly.

If your VPS is worth paypal $3,50, you get to pay $7 with paygol. Their fees are HILARIOUS.

I can't think of a company worse than paypal until last week, when I find them.

edited September 2011

Wow, what a SCAM! Fees = 72% of purchase price. So for a $1 order the seller makes $0.28 before any other fees and doesn't include the fee they charge to withdraw your own money if you don't want it to sit for 3 months.

• http://mobilefirst.com is a better alternative...

• luis123456 said: What I said, I feel it is the way of the future! Sign below if you feel that SMS payments is the way of the future! It may even bump your paid client base.

SMS payments are the way of the future. Just not this paygol garbage. :)

edited September 2011

Boltersdriveer said: http://mobilefirst.com is a better alternative...

It's better, but Paypal still wins by $0.02/dollar.

• Paypal can lock your account at anytime if someone hacks it.,...

• justinbjustinb Member
    edited September 2011

luis123456 said: Paypal can lock your account at anytime if someone hacks it.,...

Paygol can charge insane fees so no one will accept it except stupid people. I haven't seen that many isses with paypal. Just fax them your passport, all your information/personal documents, national ID etc, and it should be unfrozen.

• luis123456 said: Paypal can lock your account at anytime if someone hacks it.,...

So? Follow good security practices, such as using complex, unique passwords on every site, changing your passwords often, not writing them down, etc, and you wouldn't have that problem. It's not PayPal's fault if you get hacked, it's yours.

• Go59954Go59954 Member
    edited September 2011

luis123456 said: Sometimes, yes. Better than having all the hassle of a credit card.

Actually there are in some banks worldwide, a customized credit card, very simple (prepaid), and customized only for online payment. Recharging it is too simple, you go to the nearest branch of your bank and fill a small form mentioning the amount and your name, then hand it to the employer, during the next hours the amount will be entered to your card, that's it.

Go to paypal.com and create an account (as easy as registering for an email!), add your credit card information to your account (an easy one-time step). And you are set.

Most online services supports your payment method now, you simply choose Paypal, click for paying, enter your EMAIL used for Paypal account, and password, then click once more to to conform payment.

Also, if you don't want to use Paypal, you can use your credit card directly, but it takes you longer time entering credit card information, and you may share your credit card information with that company unlike using Paypal, but you save a very little amount that Paypal cuts if you pay directly.

If you are below the legal age for opening a credit card account by yourself, you can let your parent/someone open an account, it's usually totally free to open one, just go first to your bank and ask if they have a prepaid credit card meant for online payment/what else they have for that use.

• Go59954 said: add your credit card to your account (an easy one-time step)

Luis123456 does not have a credit card

Boltersdriveer said: http://mobilefirst.com is a better alternative...

Does that work for people in Argentina? (where luis is)

• BoltersdriveerBoltersdriveer Member, LIR
    edited September 2011

dmmcintyre3 said: Does that work for people in Argentina? (where luis is)

Yeah it does.

• OneBip also offer this - but it's very expensive and adds tons to the bill. However from experience kiddies like using it.

• Just get a prepaid credit card...or maybe some sort of wally card, crap like that
    Payment by sms will always have pretty high charges compared to just some clicks to paypal. If then you still can't get anything because you're broke and 14 years old -- just go with a VM on your pc till you get a job or something.

• ztec said: If then you still can't get anything because you're broke and 14 years old -- just go with a VM on your pc till you get a job or something.

Or just pay an older friend and have him purchase the service(s) for you :)

• If you're 14 and want a VPS that bad you're probably not going to have any friends :P

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2011

ztec said: If you're 14 and want a VPS that bad you're probably not going to have any friends :P

Oy! I've just turned 14 and have friends and wanted VPS's that bad, and got em!

luis123456 said: Paypal can lock your account at anytime if someone hacks it.,...

Dont get hacked then!

Back on topic anyway, I think the SMS thineys thing charges too much. I tried it with Tech-Hosts.co.uk. I think SimplexWebs has it too but I found better ways like PayOffline, unfortunately PayOffline do not accept new companies.

Just post some money to a close by company to you. I did that to QualityServers, they did charge for the inconvenience of posting cash but still..

edited September 2011

ztec said: Just get a prepaid credit card...or maybe some sort of wally card, crap like that Payment by sms will always have pretty high charges compared to just some clicks to paypal. If then you still can't get anything because you're broke and 14 years old -- just go with a VM on your pc till you get a job or something.

Well, I'm not broke, and sorry, but my ISP block ports.
    I'm not 14 also.
    No one sells prepaid cards here.

Infinity said: Dont get hacked then!

How? I don't control hacker's wishes!

Edit: I have VPS. I didn't said I wanted one. I just said I want companies to adopt PayGol, nothing more.

• luis123456 said: Well, I'm not broke, and sorry, but my ISP block ports. I'm not 14 also. No one sells prepaid cards here. Else, do you think I will be asking for nearly free? Think it again.

Get a bank account, debit card.

edited September 2011

justinb said: Get a bank account, debit card.

Sorry but no. atleast no at this time.

luis123456 said: Well, I'm not broke, and sorry, but my ISP block ports. I'm not 14 also. No one sells prepaid cards here.

I think luis is more like 17. I'm the 14 year old here!

luis123456 said: How? I don't control hacker's wishes!

True, but make your account secure etc. I'm just wondering why my dad's PayPal hasn't got hacked in the last 4 years or so he's had it.

• luis123456 said: How? I don't control hacker's wishes!

Use Paypal's 2FA, etc.

luis123456 said: Sorry but no. atleast no at this time.

That is your problem.

• dmmcintyre3dmmcintyre3 Member
    edited September 2011

Infinity said: I think luis is more like 17. I'm the 14 year old here!

He is 19.

• Get your friend to buy stuff for you and pay them back in cash...

Boltersdriveer said: Get your friend to buy stuff for you and pay them back in cash...

Maybe I don't have friends then.. I asked all of my friends, none of them trusted me. They think because I am good at computers etc. that I will hack them.

Thanked by 1luis123456
  • Infinity said: They think because I am good at computers etc. that I will hack them.

Get smarter friends

• Get your friend to buy stuff for you and pay them back in cash...

Seconded.

• As you see, quite a many of us are on the same train.

However we did manage to get our VPS.