Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rip off of LEB - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Rip off of LEB

2»

Comments

• Anyone remember this? Posted by the new owner of LEB?

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/1030/webrulon.com-alienvps.com-the-ultimate-scam

I think he was banned for that over at WHT. Now he's over here banning people..

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • Yes, and he is almost right u_u

• @charliecron said: I think he was banned for that over at WHT.

Doesn't appear banned to me.

• He was temp banned.

• @charliecron said: Anyone remember this? Posted by the new owner of LEB?

And now they're posting AlienVPS on LEB...

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@DotVPS said: good point where are the new ones?

'Jasper' is who posted the alien one. As far as I've heard from Chief, the new guys don't have auto submitting priv's so Mark/Joe will have to audit & submit their stuff.

Francisco

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Francisco said: As far as I've heard from Chief, the new guys don't have auto submitting priv's so Mark/Joe will have to audit & submit their stuff.

That is correct.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2012

@Kairus said: Hopefully it's a decent provider, I don't understand why in the world they'd post AlienVPS... Horrible company.

Why not? As I heard on IRC yesterday some more known LET/LEB members which are already their customers (so they are familair with this host performance) even purchased new vps from another location from this offer. It shoud not be you who decide in name of all others what is acceptable for them (or us) and what not.
    Requests like your is are on moments extremely annoying. It's not like AlienVPS would steal our money or something. They provide bottom-end service for bottom-end (in this offer 12$/year) price. It's up to you if you want to pay for this what they give or not and this what you see is just offer introduction and nothing more.

• lowendcube.com was another site that seems to have a copy/paste of a lot of stuff off of here.

• KairusKairus Member
    edited April 2012

@Spirit just lol is all I have to say. There's so much on AlienVPS here on LET, especially the whole thing with Joel... they shouldn't be posted on LEB.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2012

@Kairus said: they shouldn't be posted on LEB.

Just like any other host which part of population dislike, correct? Should I add my own list of "crappy" hosts which shouldn't appear here because they did something what displeased me?

• KairusKairus Member
    edited April 2012

@Spirit said: Just like any other host which part of population dislike, correct?

So you're saying that nothing is wrong with posting hosts like Hostrail?

I think the LEB/LET community should protect the less informed visitors (the ones that come on LEB check out a deal, and grab a VPS when they need it, don't stay and interact) from horrible hosts.

• AldryicAldryic Member
    edited April 2012

I could go either way on this. On one hand, some folks trust LEB's postings and will go with pretty much any provider listed.

On the other hand, a more cautious user will read through the commentary.. which aside from being helpful, has been absolutely HILARIOUS for me. The downside, though, is that prospective clients with limited/no understanding of English might not be able to glean this information from the comments on the thread. Plus, there's always griefers that are butthurt over being denied service, and will go to lengths to trash any post by that provider.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2012

@kairus - So you compare AlienVPS with dead rip off company which stole our money? Sorry but your vague arguments don't convince me. Strange because my IRC bot hosted on AlienVPS box is up and running. Most of the time...

idle 12 day 20 hr 26 min 5 s, signed on «Sat 24th Mar 2012 01:54a»

@Kairus said: I think the LEB/LET community should protect the less informed visitors (the ones that come on LEB check out a deal, and grab a VPS when they need it, don't stay and interact) from horrible hosts.

YES OF COURSE. I partially agree with you here (but I wouldn't use word "protect" nor want to be protected with denying the right to see offer which may interest me). That's why some people use web browser... google, open LEB, WHT... and read comments. LEB is GREAT source of informations but not thanks to your suggested approach.

• @Aldryic said: The downside, though, is that prospective clients with limited/no understanding of English might not be able to glean this information

Agree, but we can't do anything about it. Is like if LEB were in Czesky, I won't be reading it, or I will proceed with more caution because I don't understand too much (or nothing about Czesky lol).

Is the responsability of the reader to research and risk his money in a particular service.

@Spirit said: So you compare AlienVPS with dead rip off company which stole our money?

Alien is an interesting example.

As @Spirit says, they provide you a box.
    The box still runs.
    But the box isn't reliable.
    The support sux.
    But they are not scamming us... (yet?).

And there is a part of the community who believes that a provider must offer always a quality service or don't provide it.
    And other part who thinks you get what you pay.

Probably the right idea is in the middle of both.

Anyway, all the LEB posts must have an alert based on several factors about the provider, plus the experience of the members posting in comments.

And Personally I like the idea of having a mixture of good old hosts with new promising hosts.