Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rip off of LEB
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Rip off of LEB

laaevlaaev Member
edited April 2012 in General

This is just pathetic...

http://www.rockbottomhosts.com/about/

He copied LEB's about page word for word. http://www.lowendbox.com/about/

Comments

• Meh think this site is better. I really dig the forum software here.

• laaevlaaev Member

Of course this site (Lowendbox) is better, there's no comparison. Never in a million years will there be competition to LEB, the community here is too strong and unique. Rockbottomhosts looks like a wanna-be and rip off of LEB,coincidentally the owner of LEB and Rockbottomhosts are both named Joel :P

• @FTN_Kevin said: Never in a million years will there be competition to LEB

....okay.

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited April 2012

@subigo said: ....okay.

Not to start a war, but I've seen many competing sites to LEB who never achieved similar success to LEB, I challenge you to find a site that is exactly the same concept (Low End VPS blog under $7) as LEB that is successful. good luck buddy

• vedranvedran Veteran

Why would any host want to advertize as a rock bottom host? There is a huge difference between low end and rock bottom

• @FTN_Kevin said: Not to start a war, but I've seen many competing sites to LEB who never achieved similar success to LEB, I challenge you to find a site that is exactly the same concept (Low End VPS blog under $7) as LEB that is successful. good luck buddy

That was before LEB died. There's plenty of room for something better to pop up now. I for one wouldn't mind seeing a site that actually posts updates and maybe tries to be something more than a billboard. But hey, that's just me.

• AdamAdam Member

The following has been my substitute since LEB became a ghost town:

http://cheapvpsdeals.info/

Thanked by 2Asim adyg
  • vedranvedran Veteran

@Adam said: The following has been my substitute since LEB became a ghost town:

That one actually looks good, I like how they list all those details in the post, you can quickly find what you're looking for and tl;dr the rest.

• thanks, that cheapvpsdeal seems great. I use sometimes this site:
    http://lowendstock.com/

It is more of a list with no user interaction, but i like the way it lists sites.

Thanked by 1LES
  • InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

That guy that made it signed up here, I think he has even posted.

• Mon5t3rMon5t3r Member
    edited April 2012

@Infinity who? cheapvpsdeals?

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@Mon5t3r That rockbottomhosts guy.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

There are new posts being revied here so hopefully they will be posted soon

• @Infinity ah okay.. i'm just little bit confused. :P

• gsxgsx Member

Well its easy for a competitor to appear when LEB is "a ghost town."

• @gsx said: Well its easy for a competitor to appear when LEB is "a ghost town."

And when they do post, they post AlienVPS? Wtf.

• @DotVPS said: Mark said he'd try to push one out tonight.. so fingers crossed.

Hopefully it's a decent provider, I don't understand why in the world they'd post AlienVPS... Horrible company.

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

Where appointed the new writers? There is some criteria for the posts?

edited April 2012

Just noticed how bad I wrote those sentences :)

• @Kairus said: Hopefully it's a decent provider, I don't understand why in the world they'd post AlienVPS... Horrible company.

Fairness, I suppose. Pleny of folks have been complaining that setting 'rules' and 'standards' for LEB was unfair/etc. As one user put it,

it should be our choice if we want to sign up, the admin should post all offers

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • AldryicAldryic Member
    edited April 2012

Oh, I don't advocate that view at all, just reminding folks of what was said. There was quite the outcry over Chief making an attempt to keep known horrible/fraud companies from being able to harm the community further.... nevermind that none of the folks making said outcry actually knew for certain whether or not LEA followed similar practices quietly :P

Personally, I feel that the content of a site is the decision of the site's owner. Some folks tend to overlook the fact that LEB is a blog that allows commentary... the 'community' is here at LET, where any provider that follows posting guidelines is allowed to put up an offer.

edited April 2012

@prometeus said: Where appointed the new writers? There is some criteria for the posts?

@DotVPS said: good point where are the new ones?

All new writers posts have to be reviewed by 1 or more of the "old" writers before allowed public viewing.

As of now there are posts made by the new writers waiting for release. When thats going to happen I dont know.

Thanks for the update.

• LESLES Member

@MikHo said: When thats going to happen I dont know.

After the offer has expired or is out ouf stock :p

• LAKidLAKid Member
    edited April 2012

I'm glad somebody is starting a new lowend offer forum, LEB is dead, just taking money from advertisers and don't do anything, it's almost a scam now...

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited April 2012

LAKid = john = troll?

And if LEB is dead, why the f* hell you are still here...

• I can tell you one thing, LEB is not dead.

• LAKidLAKid Member
    edited April 2012

yomero=****

@LES said: After the offer has expired or is out ouf stock :p

Guess all we can do is wait and see... there has been alot happening to LEB/LET that wasn't planned when @Chief took up after LEA. Guess that with all those "accidents", there hasn't been enough hours to a day to make ends meet.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@LAKid said: I'm glad somebody is starting a new lowend offer forum, LEB is dead, just taking money from advertisers and don't do anything, it's almost a scam now...

this is the type of ppl who needs to be banned. I have never sae any of your posts helping, just flaming.