Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[One-week Promo]KVM SSD Cloud Server Starting at $3/month & $24/year for 512MB
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[One-week Promo]KVM SSD Cloud Server Starting at $3/month & $24/year for 512MB

RichardLeikRichardLeik Member
edited February 2014 in Offers

Introducing KVM SSD Cloud Servers hosted on our custom Openstack cloud platform.

Shark 512 - Order here!

512RAM / 1CPU / 20GB RAID10 SSD - $3/month or $24/year

Shark 1024 - Order here!

1024RAM / 2CPU / 30GB RAID10 SSD - $6/month or $48/year

Located in PhoenixNAP datacenter in Phoenix, Arizona.

For CUSTOM requirements (additional RAM/CPU/disk) or pre-sales questions, contact sales at [email protected] or reply to this thread.

Our OVZ plans in the Choopa datacenter in New Jersey are still available here: https://www.armorshark.com/clients/cart.php?gid=3

Thanked by 1instatech

Comments

• could've put it up like ten minutes before lol. I just restocked my DO account. -.-

• Last item is over LET/LEB price limit.

Thanked by 1MassNodes
  • Was going to get a 512 plan. But your Whois data is protected. This sound fishy to me.

• @AutoSnipe said:
    could've put it up like ten minutes before lol. I just restocked my DO account. -.-

Sorry!

• Awesome stuff man will signup today.

Thanked by 1RichardLeik
  • @RichardLeik , Can i put it monthly for a while and then change it to Annually at this specials price when my DO account is nearly empty?..
    (mind you just put like 125$ on it)

• @AutoSnipe said:
    RichardLeik , Can i put it monthly for a while and then change it to Annually at this specials price when my DO account is nearly empty?..
    @AutoSnipe said:
    RichardLeik , Can i put it monthly for a while and then change it to Annually at this specials price when my DO account is nearly empty?..

I can do that! Just send in a ticket explaining what you are doing.

• Do you have any speed tests/benchmarks? :)

• RichardLeikRichardLeik Member
    edited February 2014

@skybucks100 said:
    Do you have any speed tests/benchmarks? :)

Yes, but I ask users not to benchmark if possible to reduce wear on our SSDs.

[root@phoenix003 ~]# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 1.37858 s, 779 MB/s

• No IPv6 yet? :)

• test ip and files please ! thank you !

• @seikan said:
    Was going to get a 512 plan. But your Whois data is protected. This sound fishy to me.

Punny much? :P. On a different note though, ArmorShark has been here a while, more than a year I'd say.

• @RichardLeik said:

Thanks! Do you have any network benchmarks? :)

• @skybucks100 - im doing one right now..
    think it needs some work network side though..

• Your previous offer was posted less than 14 days ago, or maybe I'm wrong?

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/20839/free-512mb-ram-openstack-cloud-instance-for-a-month

• Took forever.. but here it is..
    Had to Cut a few as it was just too painfully slow (Hetzner, Online.net, Burst.net)

https://www.benchmy.net/result/1841647799/

@skybucks100 @RichardLeik

Thanked by 1skybucks100
  • URL for your AUP is buried in the TOS + it doesn't work (even after adding the .com back in) ....

Please make both AUP and TOS easily accessible from the main navigation links to save everyone's time.

• Just wanted to know what makes ur openstack custom do i still get access to things like firewalls or what?

• payment method?

• RichardLeikRichardLeik Member
    edited February 2014

@AutoSnipe said:
    Took forever.. but here it is..
    Had to Cut a few as it was just too painfully slow (Hetzner, Online.net, Burst.net)

skybucks100 RichardLeik

It's important to keep in mind that with TCP, a single download or upload connection will usually not be able to saturate the maximum speed of your port. Various factors can cause this such as the distance between the two end points as well as the tcp window sizes and scaling settings on each end of the connection. This is because TCP will only send a certain amount of data before waiting for the other end to acknowledge the receipt of that data. The speed of these acknowledgements and the size of the buffer will ultimately determine the "single threaded" connection speeds, which naturally vary as a result. For almost any use case, the speeds above are more than sufficient. Still, I'll look into this and see what can be improved.

@mikecupcake said:
    URL for your AUP is buried in the TOS + it doesn't work (even after adding the .com back in) ....

Please make both AUP and TOS easily accessible from the main navigation links to save everyone's time.

I'm trying to make it available as soon as possible. For now, I can answer any questions about our AUP that you may have.

@wojons said:
    Just wanted to know what makes ur openstack custom do i still get access to things like firewalls or what?

Yes, you'll have full control over the VM environment.

@kubilpoorboy said:
    payment method?

Paypal and credit card via Paypal. Are you looking for a specific method?

• @RichardLeik said:
    Paypal and credit card via Paypal. Are you looking for a specific method?

yes, can you accept Payza?

• would grab one :)
    good too see non cc datacenter offer

Thanked by 1RichardLeik
  • @AutoSnipe said:
    Took forever.. but here it is..

skybucks100 RichardLeik

Hi AutoSnipe,
    We've recently completed a number of network improvement projects that should resolve the slow speeds you were experiencing. If you are having any continued difficulties, we can certainly look into this further.