Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEndMonitor - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LowEndMonitor

2»

Comments

• bretonbreton Member
    edited April 2012

@dmmcintyre3 said: If you have a problem with forum moderators being able to see IPs, don't register on any forum.

I can also add, that if you are afraid about your ip, you shouldn't visit any site, because apache and nginx log your every move. As well as google analytics and other stuff.

I cannot also understand, why do you care about all these ips. 89.146.89.139 is mine, feel free to do whatever you want.

Also,

BTW, now everyone, who opens the thread, gets logged on my VPS. Surprise!

• @breton said: BTW, now everyone, who opens the thread, gets logged on my VPS. Surprise!

HACKER.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@breton said: I can also add, that if you are afraid about your ip, you shouldn't visit any site, because apache and nginx log your every move. As well as google analytics and other stuff.

breton, is not the machine logging IPs, is that persons can actually see our personal information, not the owner. But as you said, the thread has been gone elsewhere. Please stick to it, or open a new thread for it. I will not do it.

• @netomx said: is that persons can actually see our personal information

You need to understand that only staff members appointed by the owner can see it. Not everyone. This is not a big deal.

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • @prometeus said: it's not the server "in se" the spof, but the point of view. The server may be operational but network issue (inside the provider or with some upstream) can make your app "think" there are problems at the other end while in effect they are in the middle.

That why I said:

What it (the app) should do (IMO) is always check/recheck that it's own connectivity is OK, before recording a target system as 'down'.

The app could check high-availability targets like google.com and twitter.com to determine if it's own connectivity is OK. If it's not, then it sleeps until connectivity is restored rather than recording false downtime for targets.

Yes, multiple probes would probably be better. And failover for viewing the status site. But all that takes it beyond "simple" :)

• lemlem Member

@gsrdgrdghd Your recommendation is one of the available options that I am currently reviewing.

@sleddog Already underway as the temporary solution.

@ALL Thank you for your feedback!